[quote=Big John]
Quote Originally Posted by "Dear Guest":rdnb4pqu
You have no idea how much I appreciate that you respect my opinion; it gives me a tingly feeling down my leg (diabetic neuropathy, if it was in your buttocks I would say you were having a stroke). If you in fact have read the 2nd amendment (I have) then you will find that it does (did you mean not?), in any way, define the arms, its function ability or capacity (actually it did define it's function as traditionally lawful purposes, such as self-defense within the home and it does not grant you the right to carry anything and everything. Maybe you should read it and the related legal writings on the matter before you spout off so ignorantly). Some of you pseudo intellectuals would make the argument that it only authorizes you to be armed with a musket as the technology of the day when written (That's what I want, an idiot like you with a musket, you would hurt yourself). If that is your interpretation (There is that logical fallacy again, short version, words in my mouth) then the 1st amendment only protects the printed media and excludes TV, Radio, the internet, Cell phone services and any other technology since 1776 (Read a book, try 1791). You can’t pick and choose legislative intent to suit your political agenda (But clearly you do!! You argue like a child by the way. See you make a point, I counter it. You don't get to say what I think then argue it.).
You did not read the definition of an assault rifle (You got me). An Assault Rifle MUST have the capability to fire in full auto mode, the commercial ARs and Aks do not, and as I previously stated they are only self loading semi auto rifles that only resemble their military counterparts (Clearly). It never ceases to amaze me how the people promoting these gun bans don’t know anything about the guns they want to ban (I know plenty. I know minus a selector switch that will turn 90 degrees its the same dam weapon. What's the point? What do you need it for? Hunting ducks? No, you assholes are living for the dooms day, zombie apocalypse or race war. You are an idiot with a cache of guns for no reason.) .
You are right that our forefathers were armed in order to fight for our freedom that was when they realized that in order to stay free they must stay armed. They were a lot smarter than us and had just finished obtaining their freedom from an oppressive government; they wanted to make sure that future generations could do the same if needed. That is probably the reason that 420,000 full automatic military rifles are kept in private ownership in Swiss homes; they get it (No JACKASS could it be that they have no ARMY??!?!? Could it be that they have a true "militia"?? No, that would be counterproductive to your BS argument)(WAIT THERE IS MORE - "Keeping the weapon after end of service requires a license". Swallow that pill. And those weapons are provided by the government to the militia).
Now, all of this other stuff has been window dressing and excuses for your argument. The real deal here is that YOU, in your infinite wisdom and intellectual capacity have decided that I can’t own something that you don’t approve of (No, but go on). Well bubba, as a cop, past SWAT commander (where), former military and as an American I like guns, collect them and shoot them (Yawn). It has nothing to do with “preparing for something that will never come” (according to you and your crystal ball), but it may have something to do with idiots like you trying to deprive me of my right as an American to buy whatever the **** I want as long as it is not illegal, immoral or fattening (Again, where did I make that happen again?). Oh, and I must be your biggest nightmare, I have federally registered short barreled rifles, machine guns and ten of thousand or rounds of ammunition (Not at all, the Feds know where you keep them).
You are so confused that you refer yourself as a “reasonable conservative”. Dude, WAKE UP, you are a liberal, you think like a liberal, you act as a liberal and you write as a liberal painting others with different points of views as intellectually challenged children of a lesser God (You accomplished that all on your own).
I will reinstate my previous assessment in that you are just another Liberal/Progressive and very confused Pompous Ass. (Pompous ass? Me? Do you run the PCSO range now?
[/quote:rdnb4pqu]