ratio=quota=BS

Thread: ratio=quota=BS

ratio=quota=BS

It has happened in New Orleans, Miami, New York and guess where else. When numbers become more important than real police work and public safety.

http://gma.yahoo.com/former-cop-accused ... ories.html

Re: ratio=quota=BS

LMFAO, are you serious?

We have to work and produce, it is our job. The fault of any wrong doing (falsifying reports, patting stats, etc) falls on the individual officer that chooses to take such actions. That is like a drug user blaming a drug dealer for his/her drug problems.

In my 20+ years, I have never seen any one in the chain of command put a gun to someone's head or tell them to do something illegal to improve their numbers. They have been told time and time again to do their job, to work harder (basically, to stop being lazy!).

File a complaint with the union, they will put a stop to this.

Huh... we got a union!

Quote Originally Posted by guest34
    Huh... we got a union!

Ya, the one that is hard at work getting us a raise this year. You know, the same one that got the Parks Dept., Sanitation, Water Department, and every other maxed out city employee a one time 2% raise last year.

Oh, my bad, that was the Mayor. The union got us NOTHING.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    LMFAO, are you serious?

We have to work and produce, it is our job. The fault of any wrong doing (falsifying reports, patting stats, etc) falls on the individual officer that chooses to take such actions. That is like a drug user blaming a drug dealer for his/her drug problems.

In my 20+ years, I have never seen any one in the chain of command put a gun to someone's head or tell them to do something illegal to improve their numbers. They have been told time and time again to do their job, to work harder (basically, to stop being lazy!).

Chain of Command dont use guns, (cant find there keys to unlock the draw) they use evals over your head. If your lazy you dont get into trouble for doing your job. remember I told you this when you get called into the office golden boy. OH WAIT they dont call you in!!!!!! :snicker:

If you tell the guy that complains about stats, go out and do your real police work, bring me in the 23, 25, 10, 21, anything good, you know what they usually show up with.....NOTHING. Because anyone who comes out and works never hears a word about stats, because they have them. The people who 8itch are normaly just plain lazy and the only stat they are sure to get is a T10.

Lets be real. They claim that tickets lead to discovery of other crimes. Thats BS. If you stop 100 cars a day and give only warnings, you had every opportunity to discover those other crimes. The writing of the ticket is the end of the investigation and therefor has NOTHING to do with the discovery of other crimes. Those who say that officers that dont write citations are not doing their job are puppets ofd the regime. Shut up, study for your silly little sergeants test and let the rest of us serve the people, not rape them.

Quote Originally Posted by LIES LIES LIES
    Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    LMFAO, are you serious?

Chain of Command dont use guns, (cant find there keys to unlock the draw) they use evals over your head. If your lazy you dont get into trouble for doing your job. remember I told you this when you get called into the office golden boy. OH WAIT they dont call you in!!!!!! :snicker:

Well, you really have to be a F**** up to get an evaluation that averages a BE. Very hard to do. As a matter of fact, in my 20+ years I can count in one hand (and I don't need all my fingers) the amount of times that I have heard of someone that did not get their step increase because of an overall BE evaluation.

I have been doing my job for 20+ years. I have been involved in resists, foot pursuits, plenty of vehicle pursuits, recovered many guns/dope, and I have never been called into the office for my job performance or how I did it. Why, because I do it right!

P.S. I am far from being a golden boy, I don't kiss ass and I am not a brown nose. I come to work, do my job, and go home. Maybe you should do the same!