2% pay cut

Thread: 2% pay cut

2% pay cut

FYI: all of you just got a 2% pay cut. check your earnings statement if you don't believe me.

Re: 2% pay cut

He means the end of the Social Security tax break that Obama gave us two years ago and the Republican Congress refused to continue. I do not mind paying my taxes. It is the stingy Florida government that has refused to give us even a tiny cost of living raise that is killing us. A 6% pay raise for everyone who earns less than 40K ( most of us ) is what would be fair.

I totally disagree. There should be a 10% pay increase for LT and above. Officers can work off duty if they need some extra money. I am tired of listening to all these officers gripe about low pay. Well, if you want more pay either go work for another agency, find a higher paying job, or get promoted.

We can find all the people we want and train them to be officers in this economy. If they quit, so what, we can find more.

The money saved by not giving officers a pay raise can be used by the chain of command to increase our pay. That is what I'm talking about.

The money saved by not giving officers a pay raise can be used by the chain of command to increase our pay. That is what I'm talking about.
    You are right, in fact I think I know who you are.

As an officer earning approximately $15/hr, I do this job for the following reasons you have told me:

1. Because it is fun.
    2. Work off duty because, what the hell, what else would I be doing.
    3. Lucky I have a job in the first place.

I am sure you agree, because you a backing stabbing, butt kissing, lying POS who got to Captain by totally political means. The Golden Rule is not in your playbook. I am sure you will make Major.

you people are sad. stand up for yourselves and stop taking it in the arse from the republicans

I totally disagree. There should be a 10% pay increase for LT and above. ///

Actually I would not put up with all the BS that an LT. puts up with. Go ahead and give the LT folks a 10% pay raise at the same time that we all get one. Despite the psycho babble divisive crap in here. The sad fact remains that we have not had even a tiny cost of living raise in seven years. That is just a damn shame. Our Fla. Gov. wants the service but just does not want to pay for it. The job requires more and more education and training while falling further behind in the pay scale.

When the economy improves and other agencies start hiring, the legislature might figure it out, that $15/hr isn't alot of money to pay someone who has to have all the skills of an FWC officer. They might see a mass exodus of officers when things get better.

However, I don't see that day coming very soon. Right now we have a poor economy and government employees have been so demonized for earning outrageous salaries that it is an employer's market.

Or they might be happy because I always get this feeling the the state doesn't want to be in the LE business or prison business anyway. That they would like the counties and/or cities to take over the job leaving their budget clear for other purposes.