FHP Trooper Donna Jane Watts Files Suit For Over $1 Million - Page 3
Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Re: FHP Trooper Donna Jane Watts Files Suit For Over $1 Mill

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Watts was doing her job. The officer was FIRED following this event.. Watts did nothing wrong and doesn't deserve what's happened to her.

It was way more than speeding... Careless? Fleeing?
    . She is a complete moron out of control running up to an armed uniformed officer pointing her firearm at him. She's very lucky Lopez had a very cool head. Her behavior should not be excused because she called out a cop for speeding. You don't point firearms a people for speed violations.This was totally unchecked ego in motion. Very dangerous trait in law enforcement . I understand this (Edited to comply with Terms of Use) is the hero poster child for every cop hating citizen who ever saw a cop speeding,getting a shitty half price fastfood meal,or saw the fat cop in the charlie chaplin movie steal an apple from an apple cart .People this woman is pure TROUBLE for herself as well as any agency that she represents. Lastly don't go bashing FHP I'm sure if you look around your respective agency you have in your ranks past and present screwballs that you wouldn't want representing you
    And you represent yourself as one who thinks cops don't have to abide by the rules. If he hadn't been driving like a maniac in a marked patrol car this whole incident would not have happened. The unchecked ego in motion is the mentality that he is a leo so he can break all the laws he wants and not have to answer for it. WE ARE PUBLIC SAFTETY OFFICERS, our job is to protect the citizens even from some loser in uniform. His actions reflect on all of us, yet you defend this nimrod. Then a few idiots decided to harrass her and looked up her info violating regulations. Now we have to deal with the aftermath all because some think that a uniform is a free pass.

Lopez was wrong for driving the way he did. Watts made a decision that was well within her right and made a stop. It is what she did after Lopez stopped that has caused this issue to explode. No reason to draw down over speeding or even reckless driving. Once she knew he was in uniform and the car was not stolen, she should have relaxed a lot. She failed to separate personal from business. Watts caused the national news story not Lopez. Dont forget, the payday will not be a million for her. 33% To lawyer. 42% If it goes to trial and then the taxes are based on the payout not after lawyer fees. At best, she gets 30% of the payout sum.

She was doing her job. If she did not listen to hre superiors it is up to FHP to deal with it. Those who ran her are breaking policy and procedure. The people who sent death threats or sit outside her residence or have others do it for them are taking the law into their own hands which is something they tell the public not to do on a regular basis.

Driving 100 mph on a regular basis is a danger to the public. I have seen an officer from one of the cities within Broward County drive 100 mph if not faster to work for the 10 pm shift on 595 everyday on the day I was on that highway. Not only were they speeding but were also weaving in and out of traffic causing others to get out of the way. I witnessed numerous close calls. What if that officer caused an accident where someone died or was left disabled for life due to their speeding? Would the officer not radio it in or would they just drive off leaving the scene just like those speeding motorcyclists who resulted in a Hollywood Police motors officer getting into an accident and badly injured?

Hope Watts gets a big settlement!!! That way Lopez will be able to recover from the PTSD he probably suffers after having a Florida State Trooper pull their firearm and point it at him for speeding. Yupper's . . .hope she wins big for both of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Money
    Hope Watts gets a big settlement!!! That way Lopez will be able to recover from the PTSD he probably suffers after having a Florida State Trooper pull their firearm and point it at him for speeding. Yupper's . . .hope she wins big for both of them.
    And you are either Lopez or his butt buddy. And the post states over a million. I've heard of settlements that also included attorneys fees. Lopez was fired so he will not be entitled to recover anything. If having a weapon pointed at you constituted ptsd think of all the criminals who would be in line for that paycheck. And who drives 100 mph for any reason? That is just plain stupidity and total disregard for safety. Personally I think she should have pistol whipped his @$$ because she was forced to drive like a maniac as well to catch up to him. Who expects a true leo in his right mind to pull this kind of stunt. Hell I would have pulled the shotgun on the nut and stood way back for back up to arrive.

only thing watts looks like she could pistol whip is her next stack of pancakes at denny's. typical fat ass low paid trooper.

looks to me like you fat ass troopers won't be getting any backup...

I was "wreckless" this past year, so the agency insurance company gave me a free umbrella.

First and foremost she violated agency policy. I'm glad she is blackballed. She created her own problems. She should of been charged for agg assault with a firearm and false imprisonment of a Leo. I'm so sick of hearing about this disgrace to law enforcement. So she all stressed out. I couldn't even stomach trying t stop a uniformed officer in a marked car. Her problems started long before that day. She created her own problems. Yes the city cop was wrong but she went about this all wrong that's why we have supervisors if your that much of a hard arse

Why are some of you still ignoring what Lopez did? Who in their right mind drives a 100 mph anywhere? Even running 10-18 who can maneuver that well in and out of traffic safely? All it takes is a clip of someones bumper and someone or both lose control and cause a pile up. If he hadn't been acting like a jerk this wouldn't have occurred. You can point fingers at her all you want, apparently i.a. cleared her or she would have suffered the consequences. But the good ole' boys just couldn't let it go, they had to stalk her and push her a little further, now she has filed a lawsuit. You boys thought you were going to intimidate her and run her off, but looks like she has you in her cross hairs instead. So say goodbye to any pay raises cause you are gonna be paying out to her and her attorney fees. You act like a criminal you get a gun in your face, same as the rest. If that had been joe schmoe citizen there wouldn't be one word said about it. Again trying to make excuses for a bad cop. What if he was on a suicide mission, should she have invited him to Denny's for pancakes and coffee? Do you realize how ignorant you sound for making excuses for this guy?

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast