Bicycle Patrol
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bicycle Patrol

Bicycle Patrol

The brass has finally decided that all officers will be issues bicycles. there is even talk of mandatory bicycle patrol. some of you fat officers better get ready as I am sure many of you fat bodies probably have not been on a bicycle since a time when you could still see your manhood when you were going number one. Trek, one of the best bicycle makers, got the contract. All officers should have a bike by the end of 2013. there will be a mandatory traning course to get certified before you can patrol on the bikes. fat bodies, get it together.

Re: Bicycle Patrol

Will it have water wings, so you can get bike patrol and water patrol at the same time? Oh, and where will the computer and printer be mounted? Inquiring minds want to know.

The Code will be 100 BS ( Bike safety ? )

Bike patrol? Who is the idiot that proposed that BS! Inquiring minds want to know that one. :evil:

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    The brass has finally decided that all officers will be issues bicycles. there is even talk of mandatory bicycle patrol. some of you fat officers better get ready as I am sure many of you fat bodies probably have not been on a bicycle since a time when you could still see your manhood when you were going number one. Trek, one of the best bicycle makers, got the contract. All officers should have a bike by the end of 2013. there will be a mandatory traning course to get certified before you can patrol on the bikes. fat bodies, get it together.
    I would rather have a pay raise than a bicycle. These bikes cost about $1K or more. I guess there is money for anything but a raise.

BTW, who dreamed this s**t up? I would like to know that too.

your great command staff, when was the last time anybody came to the field and asked for imput, get used to it.

Actually they ask for and get our input at every regional meeting. Just being fair.

You are right, Lets appoint you to record keeping. Take notes at the regional meeting an write down the questions the staff ask for imput on. Better yet just keep track of the questions and what the so called answers are and it won't take you long to figure it out. Good Luck.

I think someone is taking a section of the GO and making it into something more than what it is. The GO regarding bike patrol reflects what has been allowed for the Park Officers. In response to that, some officers have requested the class and to be issued bicycles. In my area, there is an effort to research the cost of bicycles. For some, this is an efficient method to reach remote areas quickly and quietly. Due to the cost of bikes and equipment, and time required to train, it is doubtful that more than 10% will end up with them. If you are interested in seeing a bicycle suited for what we do, look at the Montague Paratrooper Pro, http://www.montaguebikes.com/paratroope ... -bike.html. It is a full size 26 speed mountain bike that folds up for easy transport and has been designed for use by the military.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    I think someone is taking a section of the GO and making it into something more than what it is. The GO regarding bike patrol reflects what has been allowed for the Park Officers. In response to that, some officers have requested the class and to be issued bicycles. In my area, there is an effort to research the cost of bicycles. For some, this is an efficient method to reach remote areas quickly and quietly. Due to the cost of bikes and equipment, and time required to train, it is doubtful that more than 10% will end up with them. If you are interested in seeing a bicycle suited for what we do, look at the Montague Paratrooper Pro, http://www.montaguebikes.com/paratroope ... -bike.html. It is a full size 26 speed mountain bike that folds up for easy transport and has been designed for use by the military.
    Sorry, the correct link is:
    http://www.montaguebikes.com/paratroope ... -bike.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast