Ask the PBA - Page 2
Page 2 of 98 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask the PBA

Re: Ask the PBA

Does the FRS lawsuit cover the changes to DROP the legislature passed?

Okay. All great questions.
    No the lawsuit does not cover the DROP changes. It only covers the employee contribution and the Cost of Living Allowance suspension.
    The FHP Chapter has proposed 6% across the board with an additional 3% bump for Troopers with 7 years of service or more.
    I have not personally met with the Governor, but your FHP Chapter President Bill Smith has met with him. I have never requested a meeting.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Puckett
    No the lawsuit does not cover the DROP changes. It only covers the employee contribution and the Cost of Living Allowance suspension.
    The FHP Chapter has proposed 6% across the board with an additional 3% bump for Troopers with 7 years of service or more.
    I have not personally met with the Governor, but your FHP Chapter President Bill Smith has met with him. I have never requested a meeting.
    Its a good thing you never met with Rick Scott, I heard he shoots poison out of his mouth into your eyes, then you pass out. When you awake, you find out you have large lizard eggs in your stomach.

Matt,

I have to give you credit for coming on here. You're going to get blasted once in a while by a select few, but I think the rest of us appreciate you being here.
    My question is, what does pba think of the huge increase in disciplinary cases involving troopers. It seems like many minor violations are being turned in to major discipline, many of which used to be solved with coaching or, at most a counseling letter. It appears that troopers are getting punished much more severely than they used to.

You've never requested a meeting??? Is that because you called him a shithead and endorsed Alex Sink??

Please be honest with us Matt - most of us know the answers to questions before we ask you. All we're trying to do is see if you are honest or not in your responses.

I have been dishonest how? Yes, the PBA endorsed Alex Sink. Yes, I have said a number of things about him and his time in office which I am sure hasn't endeared me to him.
    I am posting under my own name and answering all your questions. If you don't think I'm honest that's on you.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    You've never requested a meeting??? Is that because you called him a shithead and endorsed Alex Sink??

Please be honest with us Matt - most of us know the answers to questions before we ask you. All we're trying to do is see if you are honest or not in your responses.
    We have an opportunity to use this site for once for its intended purpose (at least on this thread) I for one want this to continue (especially with the session approaching) So those of you who want to be smart asses why don't you go blow smoke on another thread...so those of us who want a constructive dialogue can finally get something useful out of this site.

How about this approach? What can the PBA do to help Troopers?

Matt,
    First of all, I want to thank you for coming on here. I am a firm believer in the importance of a union to help the troopers. We should all be supportive of our collective bargaining unit, regardless of which organization they are in. I have always been a member of whichever bargaining unit represented me because I wanted to have a say in the decisions that were made. I have been disappointed with the PBA's lack of communication with the troopers involving key decisions that have been made on our behalf, the 80 hr work period being a prime example. I have received ballots from the PBA for all sorts of matters in the past, some of them even somewhat trivial but we were never given the opportunity to vote on this issue. If our bargaining unit had to make concessions regarding the work period, we should have gotten something in return. I would like to see the bargaining unit members have more input in the decisions that are being made on our behalf. Another poster also hit the nail on the head when he brought up disciplinary actions which seem to have skyrocketed recently under the current administration.

Matt, thanks for answering our questions. I'd recommend ignoring the slammers.

Page 2 of 98 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast