Ask the PBA - Page 73
Page 73 of 98 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask the PBA

Re: Ask the PBA

What is the plan/goal for any pay raise for this upcoming legislative session? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Broke
    What is the plan/goal for any pay raise for this upcoming legislative session? Thanks.
    We are asking for another round of raises this year. We have not released the specifics of our plan to DMS just yet. Although at the last negotiating session, we did provide an overview of what our plan will address. We are waiting to see the Governor's plan. From the feedback we received from the membership and after performing an audit of salaries over the summer, we are looking to address wage stagnation with targeted increases based on salary ranges.

We will release our first proposal very soon. Just remember, the legislature decides pay. We have been in frequent contact with the Legislature since last session ended and pay raises are the top priority on our legislative agenda.

Hello Matt and thanks for all your help this past year. This is just an idea, next round of negotiations for payraises with the legislators, would might have better results if we just ask for $ for the little guys. By that I mean Lieutenants and below who are making less than 60,000 per year and have more than 10 years on. I do not see the need for someone who is already making more than 100,000 a year to get a pay increase. Example: our Colonel went from 127,000 a year to 134,000, my Troop Commander went from 100,000 a year to 107,000. There is really no need for these gentlemen already making that kind of money to receive a pay increase, and it will probably look better in the eyes of the legislators if we just try to get something for the working class.
    Myself in fact a 14 year veteran Trooper, went from 39,000 to 42,000 not a significant raise but at least it was something. We are also the ones who contribute the dues (sergeants and below) the only thing the Command Staff does is find ways to screw us over and they hate when the word PBA comes up (investigations, complaints, grievances, etc). In fact, so called miss lieutenant colonel Hildreth stated to us in a Troop meeting that it was the union's job to get us payraises not FHP's responsibility. Once we received the pay increases thanks to PBA, the Colonel and all of them had Troop meetings and tried to take credit for it. In my opinion, they should all have donated their raises to a charity.

Just a thought and thank you.

What is Laura's extension to get a planner?

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper123456789
    What is Laura's extension to get a planner?

Quote Originally Posted by Idea
    Hello Matt and thanks for all your help this past year. This is just an idea, next round of negotiations for payraises with the legislators, would might have better results if we just ask for $ for the little guys. By that I mean Lieutenants and below who are making less than 60,000 per year and have more than 10 years on. I do not see the need for someone who is already making more than 100,000 a year to get a pay increase. Example: our Colonel went from 127,000 a year to 134,000, my Troop Commander went from 100,000 a year to 107,000. There is really no need for these gentlemen already making that kind of money to receive a pay increase, and it will probably look better in the eyes of the legislators if we just try to get something for the working class.
    Myself in fact a 14 year veteran Trooper, went from 39,000 to 42,000 not a significant raise but at least it was something. We are also the ones who contribute the dues (sergeants and below) the only thing the Command Staff does is find ways to screw us over and they hate when the word PBA comes up (investigations, complaints, grievances, etc). In fact, so called miss lieutenant colonel Hildreth stated to us in a Troop meeting that it was the union's job to get us payraises not FHP's responsibility. Once we received the pay increases thanks to PBA, the Colonel and all of them had Troop meetings and tried to take credit for it. In my opinion, they should all have donated their raises to a charity.

Was told the same thing in our troop meeting! The sgts and below are in need of some help!

Quote Originally Posted by Guest

Was told the same thing in our troop meeting! The sgts and below are in need of some help!
    The bargaining unit officers (Sgt and below) are our focus with the proposal.

Is there a plan? Can I go see my rep and ask him/her to support it? What can I do Matt?
    I do want to see it before I go and try to rally support.

What's funny is those LTs and Captains were troopers once. You shouldn't leave any trooper, agent, officer, etc... out when talking about raises when SLEOs have been screwed for generations here. Just my thought.... And no, I'm not either....I'm just an old low ranking SLEO.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Puckett
    Quote Originally Posted by Guest

The bargaining unit officers (Sgt and below) are our focus with the proposal.
    Thanks Matt! This is long over due!!

Page 73 of 98 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast