Page 69 of 98 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask the PBA

Re: Ask the PBA

[quote=Matt Puckett]
    Quote Originally Posted by guess
    Quote Originally Posted by "JFK ugh":17baeiur
    Quote Originally Posted by SOAR
    Matt,

Can the brass restrict soar to be only by schedule only? IE you have to sign up for SOAR then your assigned a shift to work it vs. how it is now work when you feel like it?
    Have you heard about anything like this happening? What kind of dumb question is this? You are now just throwing stupid ideas out there

Yes I have heard this from my supervisor hence the reason for asking.
    The answer is yes. They do have the ability to schedule SOAR. I don't imagine that to be a popular move, because many Troopers will struggle to schedule time to work it. Which leads to the Patrol not using all of the SOAR dollars and those dollars will certainly be taken away in future budgets. So it would be a really unpopular and ultimately costly decision if supervisors moved in that direction.[/quote:17baeiur]

Matt,
    Please see my previous post regarding a move to 12 hour shifts in Troop H (Tallahassee). Is PBA aware of/involved in this discussion? If so, what?
    -PBA Member

[quote=Guest]
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Puckett
    Quote Originally Posted by "JFK ugh":u44d5qeo
    Matt,

Can the brass restrict soar to be only by schedule only? IE you have to sign up for SOAR then your assigned a shift to work it vs. how it is now work when you feel like it?
    Have you heard about anything like this happening? What kind of dumb question is this? You are now just throwing stupid ideas out there

The answer is yes. They do have the ability to schedule SOAR. I don't imagine that to be a popular move, because many Troopers will struggle to schedule time to work it. Which leads to the Patrol not using all of the SOAR dollars and those dollars will certainly be taken away in future budgets. So it would be a really unpopular and ultimately costly decision if supervisors moved in that direction.
    Matt,
    Please see my previous post regarding a move to 12 hour shifts in Troop H (Tallahassee). Is PBA aware of/involved in this discussion? If so, what?
    -PBA Member[/quote:u44d5qeo]

Our rep let us know that it was voted in by the Troopers. That issue has always been decided by a vote of Troopers in Troop. As long as they approve by 66 2/3. Not a contract issue which allows some Troop flexibility.

Sorry I didn't see your post before now.

[quote=Matt Puckett]
    Quote Originally Posted by "JFK ugh":1xurrkpq
    Matt,

The answer is yes. They do have the ability to schedule SOAR. I don't imagine that to be a popular move, because many Troopers will struggle to schedule time to work it. Which leads to the Patrol not using all of the SOAR dollars and those dollars will certainly be taken away in future budgets. So it would be a really unpopular and ultimately costly decision if supervisors moved in that direction.[/quote:1xurrkpq]

Thank you for the response. That is what is being looked at. I agree with you as well as others. It will be a nightmare.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Puckett
    Is it true that PBA is fighting the Region concept down here in Troop F. I hear that there will be a meeting that the Director and Command staff will ask Sgt's, Cpl's, and Tpr's what is going on down here. Is any of this true?
    Well, we have received a lot feedback/concerns on the region concept. Your chapter is working to schedule a meeting just like the you one describe above. Hopefully, the meeting will be well attended and everyone will express their opinions and listen to each other.
    There will be two Troop F meetings in August. The meeting on August 22nd will be held at the Naples station at 1pm. The August 23rd meeting is in Bradenton (I do not currently have the time). The FHP Chapter President and PBA Troop Rep along with the Colonel will be attending the meetings. This may be old news, but I wanted to post it in case you had not heard yet.

[quote=Matt Puckett]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Matt Puckett":waa31h53
    Is it true that PBA is fighting the Region concept down here in Troop F. I hear that there will be a meeting that the Director and Command staff will ask Sgt's, Cpl's, and Tpr's what is going on down here. Is any of this true?
    Well, we have received a lot feedback/concerns on the region concept. Your chapter is working to schedule a meeting just like the you one describe above. Hopefully, the meeting will be well attended and everyone will express their opinions and listen to each other.
    There will be two Troop F meetings in August. The meeting on August 22nd will be held at the Naples station at 1pm. The August 23rd meeting is in Bradenton (I do not currently have the time). The FHP Chapter President and PBA Troop Rep along with the Colonel will be attending the meetings. This may be old news, but I wanted to post it in case you had not heard yet.[/quote:waa31h53]

Was there an e-mail sent out about this? If there was nothing was sent in the north end.

[quote=F-troop][quote="Matt Puckett":2u2wtpj8]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Matt Puckett":2u2wtpj8
    There will be two Troop F meetings in August. The meeting on August 22nd will be held at the Naples station at 1pm. The August 23rd meeting is in Bradenton (I do not currently have the time). The FHP Chapter President and PBA Troop Rep along with the Colonel will be attending the meetings. This may be old news, but I wanted to post it in case you had not heard yet.[/quote:2u2wtpj8]

Was there an e-mail sent out about this? If there was nothing was sent in the north end.[/quote:2u2wtpj8]

Naples station? I thought that station was closed several years ago?

[quote=Naples station?][quote="F-troop":24s3jg0a][quote="Matt Puckett":24s3jg0a]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Matt Puckett":24s3jg0a
    There will be two Troop F meetings in August. The meeting on August 22nd will be held at the Naples station at 1pm. The August 23rd meeting is in Bradenton (I do not currently have the time). The FHP Chapter President and PBA Troop Rep along with the Colonel will be attending the meetings. This may be old news, but I wanted to post it in case you had not heard yet.[/quote:24s3jg0a]

Was there an e-mail sent out about this? If there was nothing was sent in the north end.[/quote:24s3jg0a]

Naples station? I thought that station was closed several years ago?[/quote:24s3jg0a]

You're right. I screwed up. Must have had Naples on my mind. The meeting is in Fort Myers.

[quote=F-troop][quote="Matt Puckett":26wfewte]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Matt Puckett":26wfewte
    There will be two Troop F meetings in August. The meeting on August 22nd will be held at the Naples station at 1pm. The August 23rd meeting is in Bradenton (I do not currently have the time). The FHP Chapter President and PBA Troop Rep along with the Colonel will be attending the meetings. This may be old news, but I wanted to post it in case you had not heard yet.[/quote:26wfewte]

Was there an e-mail sent out about this? If there was nothing was sent in the north end.[/quote:26wfewte]

Yes. It was sent on July 24th. The meeting is on Friday, August 23rd in the Northern District at the Manatee Technical Institute located at 6305 State Road 70 East Bradenton at 1:00 pm.

More good news for Florida's state budget and the FRS.

Economists see an additional revenue increase for next fiscal year. Up to $28.9 Billion in general revenue which is a slight increase ($62.5 million) from the previous projections.

Also the FRS grew by 13% this past fiscal year which has it up by nearly $10 Billion.

http://www.theledger.com/article/201308 ... 1308070567

Question... Can you be under an IA investigation and not be told about it until the end of investigation? Would not being interviewed be a violation of some sort if the charges were founded?

Page 69 of 98 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast