Ask the PBA - Page 56
Page 56 of 98 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask the PBA

Re: Ask the PBA

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    So what are the next steps in all of this?
    Well, we now know that the House is adding 3% to the units on top of the $1,400. So the next step is negotiations between the House and Senate.

The difference between the plans is not huge so hopefully it can be resolved quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Puckett
    The Senate Budget is out. The PBA seniority/compression raise is included in their budget.

For all three PBA bargaining units FDLE Special Agents, State Law Enforcement Officers, and FHP Chapter the following pay raises will apply. Officers with 5 years or less will get a three percent pay increase to the base salary. Officers with 5 years or more will get a five percent pay increase to the base salary. This raise is on top of the 3% across the board pay increase for all state employees.

Hopefully this will stay. I guess it is time to write another letter to my reps. Good work and keep it up. This will me a good raise for what we have not had in many years. A good start to fixing this stuff

Thanks for the update Matt, and this just made my day a little brighter.

This isn't an April Fools Joke is it????

The Senate Budget is out. The PBA seniority/compression raise is included in their budget.

For all three PBA bargaining units FDLE Special Agents, State Law Enforcement Officers, and FHP Chapter the following pay raises will apply. Officers with 5 years or less will get a three percent pay increase to the base salary. Officers with 5 years or more will get a five percent pay increase to the base salary. This raise is on top of the 3% across the board pay increase for all state employees.

Hopefully this will stay. I guess it is time to write another letter to my reps. Good work and keep it up. This will me a good raise for what we have not had in many years. A good start to fixing this stuff

Nope. these proposals are real. We just have to get through the House and Senate budget negotiations, but the good news is that both chambers want to address raises.

[quote=Matt Puckett]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Matt Puckett":t4i91f41

Nope. these proposals are real. We just have to get through the House and Senate budget negotiations, but the good news is that both chambers want to address raises.[/quote:t4i91f41]

Is the pay raise only for collective barging members (Sgts & below)? I am up for promotion to Lt.

[quote=Guest]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Matt Puckett":1mv4n1j0

Nope. these proposals are real. We just have to get through the House and Senate budget negotiations, but the good news is that both chambers want to address raises.

Is the pay raise only for collective barging members (Sgts & below)? I am up for promotion to Lt.[/quote:1mv4n1j0]

Right now the Senate version includes non unit employees and specifies who the non unit employees are so an Lt will get the raise, too. The House version says non unit employees, but it does not spell out who those people are like the Senate.

Remember it is still up to negotiations.

[quote=Guest]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Matt Puckett":wdmt99q3

Is the pay raise only for collective barging members (Sgts & below)? I am up for promotion to Lt.[/quote:wdmt99q3]

Unless you are 100% sure that you will make Capt, you are crazy to promote to Lt. No OT and lots of admin paperwork. Stay a Sgt and work soar, your retirement will be a lot better.

[quote=Matt Puckett][quote=Guest]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Matt Puckett":1pu7m0nj
    Quote Originally Posted by "Matt Puckett":1pu7m0nj

Is the pay raise only for collective barging members (Sgts & below)? I am up for promotion to Lt.[/quote:1pu7m0nj]

Right now the Senate version includes non unit employees and specifies who the non unit employees are so an Lt will get the raise, too. The House version says non unit employees, but it does not spell out who those people are like the Senate.

Remember it is still up to negotiations.[/quote:1pu7m0nj]

So is the Col, Lt Col, Majors and Capts specified as non unit members?

Yes

Matt, could you post these messages on the FWC site. Anyway thanks for the work PBA is doing trying to get us a raise.

Quote Originally Posted by FWC
    Matt, could you post these messages on the FWC site. Anyway thanks for the work PBA is doing trying to get us a raise.
    Will do.

Page 56 of 98 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast