Ask the PBA - Page 89
Page 89 of 98 FirstFirst ... 39798788899091 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask the PBA

Re: Ask the PBA

Matt,

It has been brought to our attention that members of BCII receive an on-call rate that is higher than that of members of THI, although BCII is almost never called out. Can you look into this please? Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by ohhemad
    Matt,

It has been brought to our attention that members of BCII receive an on-call rate that is higher than that of members of THI, although BCII is almost never called out. Can you look into this please? Thank you.
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by ohhemad
    Matt,

From PBA General Counsel - The on-call rate for bargaining unit members is governed by the collective bargaining agreement and state administrative rules. It is not dependent on the frequency of call-outs.

Under the terms of the agreement, Section 3 governs on-call and rates vary from $1.00 per hour for the regular work week and a different rate for Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays which is based upon the “state minimum for the employee’s class”. I suspect this may be where the difference in pay results.

Does this information help?

Matt,

Thank you for the prompt response. The information you posted seems cut and dry. I was led to believe that the general hourly rate being paid for on call was different between BCII and THI.

Unregistered
    Matt,

We have members within the agency selling narcotics to supplement our horrible pay. Are we looking at another raise anytime soon?

Thank you,

Poor Trooper who doesn't sell drugs

Unregistered
    I guess we can’t fix stupid.

I guess we can’t fix stupid.

You don’t sell drugs because of low pay. You sell drugs because you have no ethics! What was his salary before he became a trooper? Was he selling drugs then? If the answer is yes, then how did we miss that, if the answer is no, then what was he doing to earn extra money?

He was stupid, dirty and unethical. There are 2,000 troopers on FHP about 95% are lowed paid, are they selling drugs to make ends meet? No?

Just in case the PBA does not answer your question right away, obviously you don’t know how pay raises works.
    Pay raises are discussed during negotiations with the state (DMS). DMS takes that to the Gov office, if the Gov approves, it has to be funded by the legislature. So-far that has been unsuccessful for many reasons. The best one is because the Gov (Scott) hates the PBA.

The other way to get a pay raise is through legislation and that does not start until March and ends in May. That’s how we have been getting our last two pay raises, and we usually will not know for sure until the last day of session.
    In the meantime, don’t be stupid and get in trouble by doing unethical stupid crap and live within your means, no boats, no luxury cars, motorcycles, expensive vacation trips and jacking up the credit cards.

But remember one thing; you knew what the pay situation was when you became a trooper, unlike some of us who came on in the 80’s and early 90’s. We were told that we had a step plan until the legislature stop funding the step plan and we would go several years without a pay raise.

guestar

Thank you Matt

Matt, thank you for your quick phone call back to me this evening. I appreciate, as a troopers wife, that you were there with the information I needed.

Whats with the update to the bargaining agreement?

Unregistered
    Matt, any word from the pba in reference to the hireback process and power details? We have troopers getting in trouble because of jobs canceled, eventhough they are being filled by back ups. Why have the back ups then? FHP is saying they will suspend troopers from getting jobs if they cancel more than two jobs in a cycle. There's nothing in policy and there's nothing on contract saying you cant cancel. The job just has to be filled. Please matt any info would be helpful and thank you.

Unregistered
    Matt,

The PBAs number one priority should be laying ground work for the reinstatement of the 3% COLA that will come up in 2016. We all know the EOG won't be supportive so we had better get house and senate members on board. I'm not being ominous but this will probably make it break the PBA in state LEOs eyes for current and future members. This is the # 1 issue we face. We all know we threw a Hail Mary with Crist, and it was the right call, but we gotta prepare for 2016!!!

Thanks for all you do and have done!!

Page 89 of 98 FirstFirst ... 39798788899091 ... LastLast