Ask the PBA - Page 77
Page 77 of 98 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask the PBA

Re: Ask the PBA

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    About 40 pages of posts ago I asked you to post the salary and benefit package of everyone who receives a check from PBA; however you won't. Why not?
    You already know as does everyone else....They all make six figures, the administrative assistants are in the 80's and he receptionists probably makes more than an FHP lieutenant.
    Thats the way it is and its the same in IUPA and FAST as well. The nature of the beast...

I hope they are paid well just like I wish I was paid well. As long as they (PBA) gets us pay raises and defends us when needed they are worth every penny! One gets what one pays for!
    Me too but it has not worked out that way. A bunch of Tallahassee rednecks taking our money to live large

Matt, anything about the pay increase proposal? We all already know the governor wants to give out the ghosts bonuses which no one ever sees, just Rick Creamer and the GHQ bunch, is PBA making any progress with the legislature? Do you think the governor might block any raises?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Puckett
    About 40 pages of posts ago I asked you to post the salary and benefit package of everyone who receives a check from PBA; however you won't. Why not?

How I've missed you.

I answered your post go back and read it.
    Thanks Matt. I guess it got lost in this 51 pages of posts. Could you either reference the page it is on or repost it?
    first page

You already know as does everyone else....They all make six figures, the administrative assistants are in the 80's and he receptionists probably makes more than an FHP lieutenant.
    Thats the way it is and its the same in IUPA and FAST as well. The nature of the beast...

I hope they are paid well just like I wish I was paid well. As long as they (PBA) gets us pay raises and defends us when needed they are worth every penny! One gets what one pays for!
    Me too but it has not worked out that way. A bunch of Tallahassee rednecks taking our money to live large
    Rednecks? We prefer the term "country folk".

Seriously. Why don't you visit us sometime and see if you feel the same way afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by curious b
    Matt, anything about the pay increase proposal? We all already know the governor wants to give out the ghosts bonuses which no one ever sees, just Rick Creamer and the GHQ bunch, is PBA making any progress with the legislature? Do you think the governor might block any raises?

Thanks
    I doubt he will try to block raises. He just doesn't believe in the philosophy of yearly raises.

I think we are in a good position to secure another round of raises, but it is a lengthy process.

Quote Originally Posted by stand up
    My question is when is the discipline issues going to address and how is the 3 strikes and your fired going to be looked at. Seems like a lot of troopers being placed under fire with little response from PBA....seems like someone is fired every week....

What is happening with appraisals and activity.

Is PBA tsking up concerns with policies.

Our next Executive Director.

How can member's address issues about things with PBA on a non public site.
    We answered a couple of those questions in last week's Capitol Report.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tkv5qRxqeQ

I am happy to answer anything you don't want to post publicly via email matt@flpba.org.

Matt, the word is that FHP is trying to change the hireback/ policies on power details. They are trying to suspend troopers for a month if they cancel two jobs with in a 30 day period. Wow just wow!! Even if you have back ups and you can find a trooper that wants to work the job. Even tho the job is filled, FHP still wants to suspend the trooper. Whats the unions take on that??? It's ridiculous. FHP and this colonel. Always looking for a way to screw the trooper. Unveliabable!!!!!!
    I will get back to you on this one.

[quote=Matt Puckett]
    Quote Originally Posted by "curious b":1y2dezbz

Thanks
    I doubt he will try to block raises. He just doesn't believe in the philosophy of yearly raises.

I think we are in a good position to secure another round of raises, but it is a lengthy process.[/quote:1y2dezbz]

Except for teachers because he thinks that will be useful for his upcoming campaign commercials.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Puckett

Rednecks? We prefer the term "country folk".

Seriously. Why don't you visit us sometime and see if you feel the same way afterwards.
    I have, just because you wear tassel loafers doesn't make you more refined or effective!

Ask the PBA

Matt, my question is about retirement. I am approaching 52 years of age.According to FRS I must join DROP by 52. According to the FRS Website if you had prior civilian time in FRS you can defer your entry into DROP until age 57. Here's where the dilemma comes in. When I Was first hired by FHP I was a non sworn employee. I continued in that status for sometime, until my Academy time was converted to high risk service, without my consent. I do not want my Academy time to be included as high risk. I would like to join DROP after I get my Average Final Compensation elevated to a level where I can afford to retire, which will be closer to age 55. Is there any way or loophole where I can get the Academy time at non high risk, since I was NOT sworn before joining FHP.

THANKS FOR YOUR TIME.

Page 77 of 98 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987 ... LastLast