Ask the PBA - Page 72
Page 72 of 98 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask the PBA

Re: Ask the PBA

What is PBA's stance on the patrol's new way to establish a quota? We have been told that we must stop 100 cars per month. The quota does not take in account any external factors beyond our control.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    What is PBA's stance on the patrol's new way to establish a quota? We have been told that we must stop 100 cars per month. The quota does not take in account any external factors beyond our control.
    Good question. A discussion over this issue popped up at the last state negotiation session. FHP Chapter President Bill Smith, General Counsel Hal Johnson and State Law Enforcement Chapter President Scott Hoffman all spoke against performance quotas. We believe that for the FHP such quotas are a violation of statute.

We were told during the negotiation that nothing had been finalized, but we continue to hear otherwise.

The PBA is opposed to performance quotas and we believe all of the law enforcement agencies moving to this “hard numbers” approach for performance evaluations are on shaky legal ground. If you have anything in writing from your agency implementing a performance quota please contact us matt@flpba.org.

Matt are we getting the pba daybooks?

No day books last year, what makes this year different?

Yes, but we are doing daybooks differently now.

Members are getting daybooks by request only. If you received one last year, you are automatically getting one this year. If you want a daybook, or did not receive one, simply call Laura Spraker 1-800-733-3722 to request one.

Matt, CVE received an email with a definite performance based quota. They said they can do this because they give the feds a number based on the MCSAP funding they will receive. We actually have to do so many inspections, weighings, haz mat, and bus inspections quarterly in order to receive 3, 4 or 5. There is no room for other things we are doing such as FTO, Out reach with companies,and Instructor duties because that is time off the road and would not be able to achieve the numbers. I feel this will make the trooper do what is required and not go above and beyond representing the agency. It's all about the quota not the trooper.

The PBA is not doing anything for the Troopers. Thats why after 23 years paying dues, I have stopped.

CVE our payed more money and work less. And they get to call them selfs Troopers. They can not work midnights because why. Give me a break. I been a real Trooper for 31 years.

Quote Originally Posted by frontline
    CVE our payed more money and work less. And they get to call them selfs Troopers. They can not work midnights because why. Give me a break. I been a real Trooper for 31 years.
    Troll alert

Quote Originally Posted by Frontline
    The PBA is not doing anything for the Troopers. Thats why after 23 years paying dues, I have stopped.
    IUPA troll alert

Page 72 of 98 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast