Ask the PBA - Page 59
Page 59 of 98 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask the PBA

Re: Ask the PBA

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Puckett
    Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Here it comes.....I smell the manure already.
    Here what comes?

The truth. There are people who want you to believe this fantasy about your raise and how it came to be. And then there's me who is telling it to you straight. I am going to give you all the documents here shortly so you can see it for yourself. I have not done that yet because the two chambers haven't finalized their proposals. As you can see from the House amendment, things are subject to change.

One thing has not changed, you have additional money allocated in both budget proposals. Even the people spreading lies about the PBA admit that.
    Matt,

First Off thanks for posting this info on the FWC link. I am on here just to see if anything is different that is being said.

Now, even the corrections people are praising PBA for this. Teamsters only proposed an across the board raise and did not try and address compression. I have to say if this goes through this will be my largest raise since starting with the state 12 years ago.

Thanks and keep up the work Matt.

What is the Governor's position on this targeted pay raise? I know he was fixated on a targeted pay raise for teachers, but haven't seen any articles regarding the law enforcement compression issue. Is there a chance he would line-item veto this? He is suspiciously silent on the legislation.

What is the Governor's position on this targeted pay raise? I know he was fixated on a targeted pay raise for teachers, but haven't seen any articles regarding the law enforcement compression issue. Is there a chance he would line-item veto this? He is suspiciously silent on the legislation.
    The Governor has actually been very clear on his position, he thinks all state employees deserve a merit bonus like he proposed. He criticized Speaker Weatherford early in the session for proposing across the board raises.

I think it is never a good idea to count your chickens before they hatch, but for the sake of discussion, look up the line item 1950A and then post what you think he may do if it gets to his desk.

The Governor has actually been very clear on his position, he thinks all state employees deserve a merit bonus like he proposed. He criticized Speaker Weatherford early in the session for proposing across the board raises.

I think it is never a good idea to count your chickens before they hatch, but for the sake of discussion, look up the line item 1950A and then post what you think he may do if it gets to his desk.

I hope the governor won't veto anything related to pay increases, if he does, I hope he realizes that his chances for re-election will be zero. A lot of people who voted for him the first time won't do it again. He needs to also realize the TEA party is hiding in caves after the last election.

[quote=not smart]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Matt Puckett":efo8qz1c

I doubt he would try something like that. With almost all Dems on board also that would be easy 2/3 plus to override any veto.

I hope the governor won't veto anything related to pay increases, if he does, I hope he realizes that his chances for re-election will be zero. A lot of people who voted for him the first time won't do it again. He needs to also realize the TEA party is hiding in caves after the last election.[/quote:efo8qz1c]

if he does, I hope he realizes that his chances for re-election will be zero. A lot of people who voted for him the first time won't do it again.
    I think he wrote the state employee vote off a long time ago. He pushed for a 6% pay cut and was disappointed when it only was 3%. He said it was a "good start". I will not vote for him even if he doesn't veto a pay raise for us. I don't think he'll be looking at how he can save votes from state workers. I would hope that the state workers that voted for him the 1st time would not be dumb enough to do it again, but you never know. :roll:

Amen... Give him 4 more years without have to worry about getting elected again and see what happens to us.....Go Charlie Crist !!!!

if he does, I hope he realizes that his chances for re-election will be zero. A lot of people who voted for him the first time won't do it again.
    I think he wrote the state employee vote off a long time ago. He pushed for a 6% pay cut and was disappointed when it only was 3%. He said it was a "good start". I will not vote for him even if he doesn't veto a pay raise for us. I don't think he'll be looking at how he can save votes from state workers. I would hope that the state workers that voted for him the 1st time would not be dumb enough to do it again, but you never know. :roll:
    Yep we need to get Crist elected over the joke Scott....

Update: Budget Conferencing to begin on pay raises over the weekend

Over this weekend and into the next two weeks, the Florida Senate and the Florida House of Representatives will be negotiating the differences between the two chambers' respective budget proposals. The outcome of these negotiations will finalize the pay raise for the PBA bargaining units. Our lobbyists will be working throughout the conferencing process to secure a raise for State Law Enforcement Officers, Florida Highway Patrol, and FDLE Special Agents.

Here's a recap of the House and the Senate pay raise proposals:

The Senate's proposal has a 3% extra increase for State Law Enforcement Officers, Florida Highway Patrol, and FDLE Special Agents with less than 5 years of service and a 5% extra increase for officers with 5 or more years of services. The Senate is also proposing a 3% across the board for all state employees. Add it all together and officers with less than 5 years may receive a 6% and officers with 5 years or more may receive an 8%

The House has a straight 3% extra increase for all State Law Enforcement Officers, Florida Highway Patrol, and FDLE Special Agents. The House also proposes a $1,000 across the board raise for all state employees and a merit bonus of $400 for employees meeting the requirements of Chapter 110 Florida Statutes (this proposal is new). The specifics are listed below.

Update: Budget Conferencing to begin on pay raises over the weekend

Over this weekend and into the next two weeks, the Florida Senate and the Florida House of Representatives will be negotiating the differences between the two chambers' respective budget proposals. The outcome of these negotiations will finalize the pay raise for the PBA bargaining units. Our lobbyists will be working throughout the conferencing process to secure a raise for State Law Enforcement Officers, Florida Highway Patrol, and FDLE Special Agents.

Here's a recap of the House and the Senate pay raise proposals:

The Senate's proposal has a 3% extra increase for State Law Enforcement Officers, Florida Highway Patrol, and FDLE Special Agents with less than 5 years of service and a 5% extra increase for officers with 5 or more years of services. The Senate is also proposing a 3% across the board for all state employees. Add it all together and officers with less than 5 years may receive a 6% and officers with 5 years or more may receive an 8%

The House has a straight 3% extra increase for all State Law Enforcement Officers, Florida Highway Patrol, and FDLE Special Agents. The House also proposes a $1,000 across the board raise for all state employees and a merit bonus of $400 for employees meeting the requirements of Chapter 110 Florida Statutes (this proposal is new). The specifics are listed below.

Negron is now talking 1,400 for under 40K and 1,000 raise for over 40k not counting the compression raises. That is what I read anyway somewhere.

Page 59 of 98 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast