Ask the PBA - Page 45
Page 45 of 98 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask the PBA

Re: Ask the PBA

[quote=Thanks much]Hey Matt, please keep us posted on this topic, because this one is HUGE to me! I want to stay informed about this as much as I can... Thanks, for keeping us posted.

[quote="Matt Puckett":124adm5n]
    Quote Originally Posted by "This is BS":124adm5n
    So now I have a great question to ask. Now that the state has won the 3%,, what about the people in the investment plan who are now only getting 12% instead of the 20%??? Its like a double hit, I want something to be done about this..! Is there anything in the works on this? What is the PBA proposing about this? With the 3% cut final, and the loss of the 8% in investments and now my taxes went up also,,, I am loosing out on a lot. I think it may be time I put in an application with Tampa Police Department. I am tired of all of this BS. Why does Georgia and Alabama State Troopers get paid more (a lot more) than FHP? Has anyone ever though of that??? This agency-- with its new heads, its terrible pay, is CRAP and I want out. I have invested a lot of years just to be crapped on the whole time, with beautiful dreams about the future that NEVER materialize.
    That issue is going to be addressed. I cannot promise it will pass, but it was raised in the House Government Operations Subcommittee hearing yesterday by an official from the State Board of Administration for the investment plan. I believe we have a strong argument to make that the blended rate design needs to be changed.[/quote:124adm5n][/quote:124adm5n]

me also

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Puckett
    Okay in the spirit of trying to get some traffic to our PBA News forum, we have posted the latest PBA Capitol Report on that forum. The report discusses pensions and pay raises. Please click over and watch.
    Link?

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Puckett
    Okay in the spirit of trying to get some traffic to our PBA News forum, we have posted the latest PBA Capitol Report on that forum. The report discusses pensions and pay raises. Please click over and watch.
    Link?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dX74NlJ ... e=g-user-u

This link can be found on our website and the Leoaffairs forum PBA News ( the most unpopular forum on Leoaffairs )

We discuss making changes to the investment plan during the video. PBA also testified during Thursday's House Committee meeting that the investment plan should be fixed to address the lower rates.

Quote Originally Posted by This is BS
    So now I have a great question to ask. Now that the state has won the 3%,, what about the people in the investment plan who are now only getting 12% instead of the 20%??? Its like a double hit, I want something to be done about this..! Is there anything in the works on this? What is the PBA proposing about this? With the 3% cut final, and the loss of the 8% in investments and now my taxes went up also,,, I am loosing out on a lot. I think it may be time I put in an application with Tampa Police Department. I am tired of all of this BS. Why does Georgia and Alabama State Troopers get paid more (a lot more) than FHP? Has anyone ever though of that??? This agency-- with its new heads, its terrible pay, is CRAP and I want out. I have invested a lot of years just to be crapped on the whole time, with beautiful dreams about the future that NEVER materialize.
    Yeah us in the investment plan are getting screwed by **** Scott big time!
    Hey you are like the citizens in the 401K - Scott like people like you :snicker:

Why would anyone have chosen the investment plan when you have the option to convert to that in the defined benefit prior to separation ?

[quote=Matt Puckett][quote=Guest][quote="Matt Puckett":160a13wc]Okay in the spirit of trying to get some traffic to our PBA News forum, we have posted the latest PBA [i]Capitol Report [/i]on that forum. The report discusses pensions and pay raises. Please click over and watch.[/quote]

Link?[/quote]

[url="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dX74NlJ2DqQ&feature=g-user-u"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dX74NlJ ... e=g-user-u[/url]

This link can be found on our website and the Leoaffairs forum PBA News ( the most unpopular forum on Leoaffairs )

We discuss making changes to the investment plan during the video. PBA also testified during Thursday's House Committee meeting that the investment plan should be fixed to address the lower rates.[/quote:160a13wc]

How about addressing the age you can draw from the investment plan without penalty? I would have to work almost 40 years in high risk before I could use my money without penalty. I would modt likely die first which I'm sure was the plan.

Why is Rivera on these webcasts? He doesn't bring anything worthwhile to the table and says the same things every time...Good job Matt.

[quote=Guest][quote=Matt Puckett][quote=Guest]
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Puckett":26iyo86o]Okay in the spirit of trying to get some traffic to our PBA News forum, we have posted the latest PBA [i]Capitol Report [/i]on that forum. The report discusses pensions and pay raises. Please click over and watch.[/quote]

Link?[/quote]

[url="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dX74NlJ2DqQ&feature=g-user-u
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dX74NlJ ... e=g-user-u[/url]

We discuss making changes to the investment plan during the video. PBA also testified during Thursday's House Committee meeting that the investment plan should be fixed to address the lower rates.
    How about addressing the age you can draw from the investment plan without penalty? I would have to work almost 40 years in high risk before I could use my money without penalty. I would modt likely die first which I'm sure was the plan.[/quote:26iyo86o]

Good point its 62 right ? Another reason it would be crazy for any LEO to sign up for the investment plan especially when there is a one time switch option anyway to the investment plan.

The only person that should get in the state's investment option is somebody that is planning on leaving and not doing their full 25 years or somebody that knows they aren't going to live very long. If you are not in either of those categories, you should stay in the FRS.

The only person that should get in the state's investment option is somebody that is planning on leaving and not doing their full 25 years or somebody that knows they aren't going to live very long. If you are not in either of those categories, you should stay in the FRS.
    With the state not matching the same contribution as the defined benefit now that wouldnt even make sense imo when you can do the one time switch anyway.

Good point its 62 right ? Another reason it would be crazy for any LEO to sign up for the investment plan especially when there is a one time switch option anyway to the investment plan.
    Its 59 1/2...not sure but it may be a federal rule...

Page 45 of 98 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595 ... LastLast