NEW STORY ON LT. CREAN FILLS IN MORE DETAILS - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: NEW STORY ON LT. CREAN FILLS IN MORE DETAILS

This is just proof that there is a double standard at CPD, do really think if this was done by a Patrol officer they would be getting suspended. No they would be getting fired. The supervisors at that agency are not held to the same standard that the officers are. "Good Ole Boy" network is very strong at CPD and always will be because they will not punish bad supervisors. I heard from fellow LEOs - well he has children to take care of and needs the money. Aww poor him, he made the choice to do what he did, if his family suffers cause of that it is his fault not the City's or the Agency's if they fire him. He has enough time on the books to retire, they should have told him to retire and leave, but no now your keeping a LEO that his integrity will always be in question. How can you demote him to Sgt then expect him to supervise Officers when he couldn't make the correct decision him self.

It is really sad to see what CPD has become. I used to really think highly of that Agency but it goes to show when you don't have change in an agency for over 30 years (Chief Klein) you don't know how to adapt and over come normal issues that are easily handed by other agencys.

It is rumored that if he retires, one half of his pension goes to his ex. He is attempting to hang on as long as he can before it is a studio apartment and corn flakes for the next 20 years for him.

Is it true that there are others in the chain of command that have run names in the system and it was reported to FDLE, but seemingly squashed, not just this individual?????

No. It is not true that anyone else was a part of this investigation. The public records request specifically named the Lieutenant (now sergeant) and requested his DAVID usage for three years. No one else was named. Lets not muddy the water with rumors here guys. Our command staff is just as embarrassed by him as we are but there has to be due process. At the end of the day I don't think he will be in out uniform for much longer. In regard to the other post about his wife getting half of his pension, none of us would ever know that if he didn't constantly complain about it to everyone! He should do what's right for our department and retire before the other cases make the paper too.

No one else was named. Lets not muddy the water with rumors here guys.
    Thank-you for posting this. Let's not get crazy, now... We all know that the media and some of the public take advantage when a person with a lack of integrity becomes a cop and gets caught doing something wrong.

The occasional 'bad apple' will rear its ugly head in every profession and walk of life - teacher, doctor, lawyer, politician, fire fighter, and cop. They are not the 'norm', but the exception. CPD is good apples, the bad ones will eventually rot and make themselves known.

Keep your head up and your nose clean. The good that CPD does mightily outweighs the bad that a few select people have done over the years. The key is that we don't allow it, don't excuse it, and don't sugarcoat it. If you screw up, especially on duty, there should be SEVERE consequences. Period. (and my personal opinion is if you screw up in a position of authority, you should lose that leadership position)

The reference was not to this investigation, but to one who may have run someone of higher importance and been questioned about it when there was no law enforcement reason for that high profile individual to be run. Someone high enough up the food chain so that if they get run, FDLE gets notified. Ask around, you may be surprised......................

So I hear Crean is fired as of next week. It's about time. But he is not being fired for looking up 100 people plus without a law enforcement purpose. There are multiple other ongoing investigations on Crean so it is hard to figure out which one he is getting fired for. I guess we'll read about the additional details in the paper. The negative reflection is on the entire department, but mostly Holloway. Not only was Holloway looking the other way while Crean was doing all this nasty stuff for the last several years, Holloway was PROMOTING him even with these issues being reported as early as 2010. The false arrest of Christopher Castor while Crean was involved with Castor's wife, the drive by shooting at Castor that Crean was allegedly involved with in Pasco County and lied about his relationship with Castor's wife during the investigation, the involvement with Laura McLynas and passing her the confidential DAVID records and allegedly having her husband falsely arrested too, the DVI by his wife for threatening to kill her and burn her in her home.... The list goes on and on. But Holloway promoted him anyway! Way to go Tony. That's the way to pick your high command. Have you thought about stepping down too? It may be time.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    No. It is not true that anyone else was a part of this investigation. The public records request specifically named the Lieutenant (now sergeant) and requested his DAVID usage for three years. No one else was named. Lets not muddy the water with rumors here guys. Our command staff is just as embarrassed by him as we are but there has to be due process. At the end of the day I don't think he will be in out uniform for much longer. In regard to the other post about his wife getting half of his pension, none of us would ever know that if he didn't constantly complain about it to everyone! He should do what's right for our department and retire before the other cases make the paper too.
    I think it's a little too late for that. The papers already know and are just waiting for the investigations to be completed. Then there will be the public lawsuits that will also be in the papers as the discovery process uncovers every sordid detail of the lack of supervision and attempts at covering up Crean's activities. I think Crean's victims haven't had their say yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Wasn't it true that one of his VICTIMS requested the records and proved that Crean was improperly looking up all of these people because the Clearwater IA department couldn't find corruption if it bit them on the ass? Especially that Johnson guy they put in charge of the Crean invest. Or maybe it was just he was TOLD not to find anything on Crean. Either way, as I understand it a CITIZEN pulled his records after the Clearwater PD and the SAO found "no wrong doing" and that the one incident he was being charged with was a "one time" occurrence and just an "error in judgment" according to Holloway and Bernie McAbe. Mcabe then dropped the criminal charges because it was a "one time occurrence". But when the citizen pulled the records he noticed several anomalies including Crean looking up one waitresses tag number 14 times and seven license plates for the one married woman he was involved with. The problem is that the police are not policing the police or somebody like Crean would not have been allowed to screw over so many people using his badge.

How do you know Crean is out next week ? That will do the department good but how do you or anyone else know this? Holloway won't elaborate to anyone. Heck I can't even get a peep out of him. Like why has Crean not even been at work lately?? I think you may be wrong my friend. He's staying.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast