Open Letter to ABT
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Open Letter to ABT

After suffering through many years of confusion and unnecessary work related stress, something finally hit me....I wasted my life! I did, I mean I really did. I wasted my life, my education, my work related experience at a place that has survived for decades off a bottom of the barrel law enforcement mentality....The sad part is, I have nothing to show for it. My law enforcement related stories that I tell others pale in comparison to my more professional colleagues from a list of more respected agencies.

I have taken orders for years from individuals who couldn't fill out an official notice right here, right now if their 'BREAKFAST' depended on it. I look at so many of the old school idiots who have come and gone and who still refuse to fall in that 'GONE' category and it just blows my mind!!! These people are carrying guns with powers of arrest and they couldn't locate a single statute on their own to charge someone with the most simplistic of crimes.

I'm not here to point fingers and say names, the really sad thing is, is that I don't have to. Everyone knows exactly who I'm talking about, yet, and I mean yet, nothing changes!! I would bet my pension that 70% of the command staff couldn't do an admin case. I would even go as far to say that 80% couldn't even successfully fill out an NTA or make an arrest without having to treat someone to 'Breakfast' so they can coerce that person into providing them that highly sought after sensitive information.

We are losing our staff on a regular basis now, yet, this Administration sort of like another Administration, at a much higher level, wants us to just move along and believe there is nothing to see here. I mean, does anyone else find this completely repulsive or is it just me??? We are going to lose more agents, the writing is already on the wall my friends and the sad part is, is that the same writing has been painted over so many times through out the years, on that same wall, yet it still somehow manages to bleed through. Please, don't waste your life, venture to a path of 'New Beginnings.'

Re: Open Letter to ABT

well said

After suffering through many years of confusion and unnecessary work related stress, something finally hit me....I wasted my life! I did, I mean I really did. I wasted my life, my education, my work related experience at a place that has survived for decades off a bottom of the barrel law enforcement mentality....The sad part is, I have nothing to show for it. My law enforcement related stories that I tell others pale in comparison to my more professional colleagues from a list of more respected agencies.

Sounds like you need some psychological help my friend. I have to ask why did you stay here? I had a job that I hated for many years. So I left. Stress level way down and I take this job for what it is and nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest

Sounds like you need some psychological help my friend. I have to ask why did you stay here? I had a job that I hated for many years. So I left. Stress level way down and I take this job for what it is and nothing more.
    Maybe because I can't waste my life anymore
    What is it we really do? Besides make money for the state that is. We really do not make a difference.

I can not just sit by anymore like you do. I will no longer be a sheep, if you want to that's up to you.

Maybe because I can't waste my life anymore
    What is it we really do? Besides make money for the state that is. We really do not make a difference.

I can not just sit by anymore like you do. I will no longer be a sheep, if you want to that's up to you.
    Hit the road Jack and don'tya come back no more no mo.

My pride has left, my judgement is gone, my police skills have atrophied, already on my way out... see ya *****es!!!

Already gone... mentally anyways. I will not stand by and waste of my life while others pretend to be cops and take credit for doing cop work. Work which can be done by local law enforcement. Get out while you can...

Is this the sentiment in every office?? From what I was told was SA's were now better off & able to conduct criminal investigations without being bogged down by so much civil/regulatory work.

Quote Originally Posted by Curious4
    Is this the sentiment in every office?? From what I was told was SA's were now better off & able to conduct criminal investigations without being bogged down by so much civil/regulatory work.

it is not better, life here sucks,

Quote Originally Posted by Curious4
    It is only a matter of time before it reverts back to nothing but admin cases and KPI's. No matter what they change or try to change, the department is saturated with non-cops who have made careers of avoiding police work. Too many supervisors have never worked anything but minors and inspections - that is not police work, and nothing to be proud of.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast