Hiring?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hiring?

Hiring?

Quick question. Is your agency hiring and is it worth applying? I currently work at an agency where i'll never move from the road patrol area and the cost of living is high. Not sure of it's worth tryimg to apply or just look elsewhere. Thanks

Re: Hiring?

Ur add say pay is 34-61k. What woul u pay for a florida certiied officer with 7 years exp? Do u pay into pension and health? Any overtime or details? How many sworn do u have and how many u hiring?

I have the same questions. (I posted the first topic) Would be nice to get some info before going through the process and realizing it's not what I'm looking for.

Why would you come here? No raises, no chance of going to a specialty unit, no take home cars, go to lee county!

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Why would you come here? No raises, no chance of going to a specialty unit, no take home cars, go to lee county!
    Thanks for the heads up.

Even with 7 years experience, you will start at the base pay. $400 monthly gas allowance (no take home cars), insurance paid for for entire family. You pay 8% towards your pension with a 3% multiplier. There are details during season, mostly traffic details. Very few details during the summer and overtime is scarce. They are hiring 5-6 officers.

As far as I'm concerned, Sanibel is paradise and still affordable. The kind of area where you can work and people know who you are - not just a uniform in a police car. Where I'm from, take-homes are unheard of, so that's not really a big deal to me, though it'd be nice. Thanks for the info. My app is in. Any advice on what they're looking for? Thanks. Stay safe

My bet is middle aged or retired officers. They dont really hire young guys because just about every young guy gets bored and jumps ship for Fort Myers or Lee County to go where the action is.

Is it that boring there?

Unregistered
    I'll be a retired federal police officer from a federal police agency in Washington DC. I've been hearing about your agency and I took the EOT and state exam. My question is this is it a good place for a retire LEO? My runnin and gunnin doing 90 miles an hour with my hair on fire are behind me. I've been told it's laid back there, any info would help thanks in advance

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast