Steve Whidden

Thread: Steve Whidden

Steve Whidden

SO....
    All of you ready to be SW's *****ES?????

You are now!

Re: Steve Whidden

That little snake has zero control over those real cops in blue

How in the blue blazes would the SO take over the PD? First, HCSO would have to have equal starting / continuing pay to CPD. Second, HCSO would have to have equal training and equipment as CPD. (they don't!) Third, as an example, there would need to be interoperability and being that HCSO has a 3rd or 4th rate radio system when compared to CPD that's another stretch.

Bottom line is this; CPD has better EVERYTHING than does HCSO, especially in the area of leadership! Why would any citizen, commissioner or cop want to take a giant leap backwards by being assimilated by the SO?

Makes no sense to anyone perhaps WS...

I would have to disagree on a few topics. HCSO has much better equipment. They have newer, better equipped vehicles, actual police vehicles. CPD has only two actual police vehicles. The rest are civilian suv's. Also, at CPD they all drive a different make, model, and color. Their uniforms don't match and look like crap, but so dose HCSO uniforms. HCSO is definitely on the right track with the radio's. It is a work in progress but they have taken that leap to get out of the Stone Age. CPD is still there, and it looks like thats where they will stay with the radio situation. Also, HCSO is accredited. I've heard good and bad things about this accreditation. What I like is, it makes things more standardized and helps eliminate the good ol'boy system CPD and HCSO has had. HCSO has computers in their vehicle making their job much easier, unlike CPD who dose not. I'm not saying CPD is the worst, or HCSO is the best. I'm looking at the whole picture. The SO can save the city almost a million dollars a year and provide the same services with more resources. CPD is a good department with great officers, but one can guess judging from the outside that the management is not very strong. Reason the show poor management, NOT UNIFORMED. Everyone wears a different uniform. Different cars and color. I don't think i've ever seen the chief before but I suppose your not suppose to. I do see the officers pulling a lot of people over so they are definitely doing their part. Just one mans opinion here. May we decide the best option and may it be what we all need.