Troy Merritt was born inside Iowa and settled in Fridley, Minnesota afterwards in his youth where he went to Spring Lake Recreation area High School. As a collegiate sportsperson Troy Merritt won Twenty one tournaments in four years which were divided in between Division II Winona State University (Minnesota) and Division I Boise State College (Idaho.)

As any freshman from Winona State he had to try out to produce the golf team where he shone following making the c's. He had been named Division II All-American in the sophomore season in addition to being named associated with the Freshman All-America team. Right after his sophomore season he required a job at his uncle's nation taylormade rbz irons and ran into Boise Express coach Kevin Burton while in the process of capturing a 63 on that course. Coach Burton invited him to play with Boise State and the man accepted. He or she continued to be able to win at Boise State and he got innovative coaching guidance from his / her first genuine coach who emphasized an importance on position and position.

Merritt went on to win Being unfaithful tournaments from Boise State inside tougher Department I opposition; he had won 12 competitions at Winona State in his 2 yrs there. As part of his first time at Boise State Merritt had a Seventy one.9 rating average that has been third very best all-time at the university. He had the low scoring average in all Department I his taylormade rocketballz driver at Boise Condition with a 69.53. Like a senior with Boise State he or she was a next team All-American.

Merritt visited PGA Qualifying School to generate an dispense for the 2010 tour and the man was remarkable by leading or tying for the guide in all six of the being qualified rounds to create the PGA Visit; this had only recently been done two times previously. His / her ability to take control of that competition and hold on to it is what folks are amazed with since Troy Merritt begins their PGA career.

On the 2010 tour Merritt provides earned practically $160,000 in his first 3 tournaments which were all best 20 surface finishes. As a professional he has demonstrated a driving distance associated with 277.80 and is also number 8-10 in Elemen 5 Performances so far. He's got also rated 9th in Par Several Performance in early going.