Sheriff Steve Whidden hides prior criminal convictions - Page 3
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Sheriff Steve Whidden hides prior criminal convictions

S.W. For Sheriff. Last moment panick M.C. ???? 70% S.W. 30 % M.C. Fresh off the Vegas odd makers... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Vegas odds makers = convicted felons and yet tried felons in charge of the corruption campaign for WS?

Can't even imagine the investigations that are brewing.

Hendry County voters are more credible that given credit.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkChamberlain
    Have you ever heard the term: "the cover up is worse than the crime?" In the case of Hendry County Sheriff Steve Whidden we are presented with just that scenario.

Through research, it has been determined that Hendry County Sheriff Steve Whidden deliberately falsified his application for employment with the Clewiston Police Department prior to being elected Sheriff in 2008.

The Clewiston Police Department hired Whidden in early 2005 as a police officer, a position he maintained until 2008 when he resigned to run for Sheriff of Hendry County. During his tenure, he maintained a patrol level position with no supervisory duties.

Prior to being hired, Whidden was required to complete a standard job application.

In replying to question 26F of the Clewiston Police Department application, Whidden was required to “List all traffic citations you have been issued.” He listed six citations including, failure to show drivers license, no tag, no seatbelt, unlawful speed, unsafe conditions and driving without a driver license.

Trivial matters, but a matter of truthfulness and integrity in reporting your background correctly.

Whidden checked "No" on his employment application in response to the “penalty/disposition” section of the question implying that he was neither convicted nor sanctioned on any of the offenses.

A review of Sheriff Whidden’s official DHSMV transcript revealed that he was formally convicted on at least five of the six reported offenses.

In replying to question 29 of the Clewiston Police Department application, Whidden was required to provide any “Arrest, Detention, Litigation (show all arrests including traffic, juvenile, criminal offenses.)” He listed no arrests – traffic, criminal or juvenile.

Not as trivial as a traffic matter, but still a matter of truthfulness and integrity in reporting your background correctly.

Whidden checked "No" on his employment application in response to the “have you ever been arrested or detained by any law enforcement agency” section of the question implying that he was neither arrested nor convicted any criminal offense.

A review of Sheriff Whidden’s criminal history record revealed several arrests and misdemeanor criminal convictions:

On March 28, 1990 Whidden was charged with “Driving While License Suspended or Revoked” on Collier County Court court case number 9001562TMC. Having subsequently provided the Clerk of the Court with a valid driver license, adjudication of guilt was withheld and Whidden was fined $55.00.

On March 5, 1991 Whidden was arrested and charged with “Driving While License Suspended or Revoked” on Collier County Court court case number 9101139TM. Released on his own recognizance, he failed to appear before the Court on April 2, 1991. A warrant was issued for Whidden’s arrest in the amount of $250.00 returnable to the Collier County Sheriff’s Office.

Whidden subsequently petitioned the Collier County Court to set-aside the bench warrant, provided a sworn affidavit requesting traffic school and paid $105.00 in penalties. Adjudication of guilt was withheld.

On April 26, 1991 Whidden was criminally charged with Failure to Appear on Collier County Court case number 9102055TM. Prior to his scheduled May 14, 1991 arraignment, charges against him were dismissed.

On February 26, 1996 Whidden was arrested and charged with “Tag not Assigned” on Collier County Court case number 9601542MMA. Released on his own recognizance, he appeared before the Court on March 19, 1996 for misdemeanor arraignment. Pursuant to a negotiated plea, Whidden pled no contest to the criminal offense of “Tag not Assigned,” was adjudicated guilty, fined $125.00 and fingerprinted in open court.

In replying to question 29E of the Clewiston Police Department application, Whidden was asked whether he had been “fingerprinted by law enforcement agencies other than for arrest?” With the exception of his law enforcement positions with the Hendry County Sheriff’s Office and the Albany Police Department, Whidden omitted a response regarding his misdemeanor criminal conviction and fingerprinting on an official judgment and commitment form for the Collier County Court.

None of these traffic citations or misdemeanor criminal convictions would have kept Whidden from being employed at the Clewiston Police Department. All he had to do was properly disclose his traffic and misdemeanor past. He chose to be deceptive, though, in filing a false application for employment.

In his February 16, 2005 sworn affidavit in support of employment with the Clewiston Police Department, Whidden acknowledged:

“I hereby swear of affirm that there are no material misrepresentations or omissions in or falsifications of the above statements and answers to questions. I am aware that should investigation disclose any such misrepresentations, falsifications or omissions, my application will be rejected and I will be disqualified from applying in the future for any position with the Clewiston Police Department. If after my acceptance for employment, subsequent investigation should disclose misrepresentations, falsifications, or omissions, I will be just cause for immediate dismissal.” /s/ Stephen Whidden

According to the Criminal Justice Standards & Training Commission of the Florida Department of Law Enforcement, falsification of an application for employment in the criminal justice sector is considered a misdemeanor offense. Penalties include a fine, probation or jail-time in addition to revocation of a law enforcement certification.

There are hundreds of police officers throughout the State of Florida who have been successfully prosecuted through the criminal justice system for falsifying a job application. Those that have not been prosecuted have been stripped of their law enforcement certification. They are forever barred from being employed in the law enforcement profession.

While employed with the Clewiston Police Department, Whidden maintained a position with a DEA task force. The official reason for him being removed was "inactivity and a lack of case filings."

There are rumors as to why Sheriff Whidden was really removed from the task force. Because they are just that - rumors - I will not go into them here.

I have never been convicted of a criminal offense. My record of truthfulness and integrity speak for themselves.

To learn more about my professional and educational credentials, please visit my website at http://www.chamberlain4sheriff.com.
    Mr. Chamberlain,

I voted last week during early voting, but I have to say that I am truly disappointed in your tactics this week. There is a name for it, "Mudslinging", and I thought you were better than that. I spent more time in the Military than you have in Law Enforcement and I never heard an incoming Commander discredit the former Commander in the manner that you have. I hate a liar about as much as I hate a thief! Put the information out to the people, let them make their own judgment and conclusions, but by you posting it for the whole world to see, just makes you look like you are willing to do anything to win.

What I am trying to say, is that the Hendry County Sheriff's Office needs a leader, not another baby kissing, hand shaking, smile to your face laugh at your back politician. If you win; I hope that you are able to turn the Agency around and bring honor and respect back to the employees that represent you, because they are the ones that deserve it! In closing remember this; managers do things right, leaders do the right things!”

Good luck and God speed!

I am glad that Mr. Chamberlain put this information out to the world. How else are people suppose to learn about it? Its all documented facts. I do not consider this as slinging mud. I have seen plenty of mudslinging and this isnt it.

However, I respect your opinion.

Good luck today Mr. Chamberlain

signed - A Hendry County Voter.

Nothing changes. Whidden still is a liar, and a criminal with a past. Elections do not cleanse the soul or cause things to diminish. God will strike you down in ways you have never ever imagined. I truly believe in that. For the almost four thousand voters whom wanted a new sheriff, I say thank you all. You have seen the truth. For the 6000 that did not, well for whatever reasons, I sure hope you are truly blessed with your choice. Chances are many of you will fall from the privileged few and will see for yourselves in the coming months.

So does this mean that Whidden will cease to be so red faced, and eating like a bottomless pit? Ripping his pants out continuously? This sight is great, because who needs an election to be able to spread the word.

Carry on Opie.

Unregistered

Defense.

What this article didn't tell you is that the application requested all violations and everything else withing the past 7 years of filing date. Not ever. Get facts straight.

Unregistered52

Ignoramus

Quote Originally Posted by ;1789019
    WHEN STEVE WINS IN A LANDSLIDE T.A. YOU WILL BE WRITING YOUR REPORTS IN PENCIL DON'T FORGET WHO HOLDS THE SMARTCOP LICENSE AND THE INTERNET SERVICES FOR THE PD WHO REALLY DIDN'T WANNA HIRE YOU! YOUR EX ASSISTANT CHIEF FOUGHT TOOTH AND NAIL NOT TO BRING YOU ON BUT SHORT STAFF AND NO OTHER APPLICATIONS TURNED IN THEY HAD NO CHOICE! BANKING ON CHAMBERLAIN TO HIRE YOU IS LIKE ME OFFERING A BRIDGE TO SELL YOU AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN SHE-MALE
    Steve should know that Tiff works for the state, not the PD, so his victory or loss won't have a bit of effect on how she does her reports. The county may hold the SMARTCOP license, but it was acquired under a grant that I believe Richard Jones wrote when he was at the city. The PD internet services run through COMCAST; they haven't run through the county since Kevin's son-in-law took Bob's job and the clerk's office jerked the T1 line. Bottom line: You appear to be an ignoramus.

Unregistered

Ok I’m not crazy.

When we were all little I would spend the night a lot at Steve’s. He had a nice daughter and an older son. I started acting different and never went back over there. He would make all of the young girls uncomfortable I didn’t find out for years but all of the mothers had gotten together and discussed we could no longer stay at his daughters but his daughter could come over to all of our houses. There were really weird times with Steve and his dad bubba. Even running into them was weird. I really truly believe Steve is a sexual predator. LaBelle has many cases of this. The women are forced into being quiet because they make us feel like they entire town will go against you. Which they will. I’ve lived in this town my entire life, never had the money to leave. When I get drunk with old girlfriends sometimes Steve comes up and each time we all tell a little more. I feel really sorry for his daughter but I want justice. This isn’t right. And the mean women will read this who have already been silenced and wonder what we did. I was 9, I never came back over, I did nothing wrong. When I leave this town I will expose those. I hope felda is ready because that pentacoastal preacher on Taylor road is next. His son almost died in a sexual abuse case from 20 years back, and two women have came forward and sheriff told them it was out of their limit of rights. We have men dead in a field in Lehigh acres five of em. Buried right there found in the news, nothing found. Because LaBelle is being ran by predators and heads turned by people too scared to make a difference

Unregistered

Nutcase, please expose yourself to Covid

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    When we were all little I would spend the night a lot at Steve’s. He had a nice daughter and an older son. I started acting different and never went back over there. He would make all of the young girls uncomfortable I didn’t find out for years but all of the mothers had gotten together and discussed we could no longer stay at his daughters but his daughter could come over to all of our houses. There were really weird times with Steve and his dad bubba. Even running into them was weird. I really truly believe Steve is a sexual predator. LaBelle has many cases of this. The women are forced into being quiet because they make us feel like they entire town will go against you. Which they will. I’ve lived in this town my entire life, never had the money to leave. When I get drunk with old girlfriends sometimes Steve comes up and each time we all tell a little more. I feel really sorry for his daughter but I want justice. This isn’t right. And the mean women will read this who have already been silenced and wonder what we did. I was 9, I never came back over, I did nothing wrong. When I leave this town I will expose those. I hope felda is ready because that pentacoastal preacher on Taylor road is next. His son almost died in a sexual abuse case from 20 years back, and two women have came forward and sheriff told them it was out of their limit of rights. We have men dead in a field in Lehigh acres five of em. Buried right there found in the news, nothing found. Because LaBelle is being ran by predators and heads turned by people too scared to make a difference
    very nice delusion. Get help with your drinking you admit too. You are making some very serious claims. Is your getting drunk with old girlfriends getting out of hand? You got problems.

Unregistered

No, you aren't crazy. Just a substance abusing addict of your own choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Nice full of shit drunk rant. Wtf is this #MeTooHendry ? GTFOH "I want justice" Remove yourself from the genepool if Covid isn't going to. You are way out of line. Its disgusting enough to make the accusations against the man yet how dare you bring his kids childhood into it. Easy to figure out your political motives here.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast