Sheriff Steve Whidden hides prior criminal convictions - Page 5
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Unregistered

a whole wagon full?! wow. It's coming! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Why even worry about it there's still a wagon full of prior incidents left to come out. Calm your panties down and let time take its course. The best is left for last.
    Timing right? It's coming! Bigger than the Covid! You. got. nothing. Nothing is out there except real men and women right now, literally risking their health and life. Losers like you want to turn the community on this Sherriff using rumors and full blown fabricated allegations for your own gain.

Unregistered
    Why even worry about it there's still a wagon full of prior incidents left to come out. Calm your panties down and let time take its course. The best is left for last.
    The "best" is when you sorry sons of bit*hes are left out AGAIN this November, when OUR GREAT SHERIFF wins his 4th term and he can decide when his "last" term will be.

Unregistered
    Wow dip S... if that doesn’t sound political smearing idk what is. Which camp do you work for? Appears to me Sheriff Whidden is kicking Ass making homicide and robbery arrests. Keep up the great work Sheriff Steve 👍🏼

Unregistered
    Let's dig yours up.
    Dig it up baby

Unregistered
    Wow dip S... if that doesn’t sound political smearing idk what is. Which camp do you work for? Appears to me Sheriff Whidden is kicking Ass making homicide and robbery arrests. Keep up the great work Sheriff Steve 👍🏼
    Shem? Making homicide and robbery arrests? Why now? Because it's election time and he's desperate?

Unregistered

Scum

Who does the sucking? You or peaches? Sounds like some mutual man on man curriculum between you and shem. Don't worry about the camps. Worry on moving your boyfriend out of his office and letting new blood straighten out the department.

Unregistered
    Who does the sucking? You or peaches? Sounds like some mutual man on man curriculum between you and shem. Don't worry about the camps. Worry on moving your boyfriend out of his office and letting new blood straighten out the department.
    Whoa.... Is this really for real the whole Capt W / 101 bs? There is almost "too much" to begin to wonder. I just want to know, and how would anyone else know outside of those whose names keep coming up?

Unregistered

101 claims to be a saint but has taken the ride a few times and told a few lies

Quote Originally Posted by ;1788408
    Have you ever heard the term: "the cover up is worse than the crime?" In the case of Hendry County Sheriff Steve Whidden we are presented with just that scenario.

Through research, it has been determined that Hendry County Sheriff Steve Whidden deliberately falsified his application for employment with the Clewiston Police Department prior to being elected Sheriff in 2008.

The Clewiston Police Department hired Whidden in early 2005 as a police officer, a position he maintained until 2008 when he resigned to run for Sheriff of Hendry County. During his tenure, he maintained a patrol level position with no supervisory duties.

Prior to being hired, Whidden was required to complete a standard job application.

In replying to question 26F of the Clewiston Police Department application, Whidden was required to “List all traffic citations you have been issued.” He listed six citations including, failure to show drivers license, no tag, no seatbelt, unlawful speed, unsafe conditions and driving without a driver license.

Trivial matters, but a matter of truthfulness and integrity in reporting your background correctly.

Whidden checked "No" on his employment application in response to the “penalty/disposition” section of the question implying that he was neither convicted nor sanctioned on any of the offenses.

A review of Sheriff Whidden’s official DHSMV transcript revealed that he was formally convicted on at least five of the six reported offenses.

In replying to question 29 of the Clewiston Police Department application, Whidden was required to provide any “Arrest, Detention, Litigation (show all arrests including traffic, juvenile, criminal offenses.)” He listed no arrests – traffic, criminal or juvenile.

Not as trivial as a traffic matter, but still a matter of truthfulness and integrity in reporting your background correctly.

Whidden checked "No" on his employment application in response to the “have you ever been arrested or detained by any law enforcement agency” section of the question implying that he was neither arrested nor convicted any criminal offense.

A review of Sheriff Whidden’s criminal history record revealed several arrests and misdemeanor criminal convictions:

On March 28, 1990 Whidden was charged with “Driving While License Suspended or Revoked” on Collier County Court court case number 9001562TMC. Having subsequently provided the Clerk of the Court with a valid driver license, adjudication of guilt was withheld and Whidden was fined $55.00.

On March 5, 1991 Whidden was arrested and charged with “Driving While License Suspended or Revoked” on Collier County Court court case number 9101139TM. Released on his own recognizance, he failed to appear before the Court on April 2, 1991. A warrant was issued for Whidden’s arrest in the amount of $250.00 returnable to the Collier County Sheriff’s Office.

Whidden subsequently petitioned the Collier County Court to set-aside the bench warrant, provided a sworn affidavit requesting traffic school and paid $105.00 in penalties. Adjudication of guilt was withheld.

On April 26, 1991 Whidden was criminally charged with Failure to Appear on Collier County Court case number 9102055TM. Prior to his scheduled May 14, 1991 arraignment, charges against him were dismissed.

On February 26, 1996 Whidden was arrested and charged with “Tag not Assigned” on Collier County Court case number 9601542MMA. Released on his own recognizance, he appeared before the Court on March 19, 1996 for misdemeanor arraignment. Pursuant to a negotiated plea, Whidden pled no contest to the criminal offense of “Tag not Assigned,” was adjudicated guilty, fined $125.00 and fingerprinted in open court.

In replying to question 29E of the Clewiston Police Department application, Whidden was asked whether he had been “fingerprinted by law enforcement agencies other than for arrest?” With the exception of his law enforcement positions with the Hendry County Sheriff’s Office and the Albany Police Department, Whidden omitted a response regarding his misdemeanor criminal conviction and fingerprinting on an official judgment and commitment form for the Collier County Court.

None of these traffic citations or misdemeanor criminal convictions would have kept Whidden from being employed at the Clewiston Police Department. All he had to do was properly disclose his traffic and misdemeanor past. He chose to be deceptive, though, in filing a false application for employment.

In his February 16, 2005 sworn affidavit in support of employment with the Clewiston Police Department, Whidden acknowledged:

“I hereby swear of affirm that there are no material misrepresentations or omissions in or falsifications of the above statements and answers to questions. I am aware that should investigation disclose any such misrepresentations, falsifications or omissions, my application will be rejected and I will be disqualified from applying in the future for any position with the Clewiston Police Department. If after my acceptance for employment, subsequent investigation should disclose misrepresentations, falsifications, or omissions, I will be just cause for immediate dismissal.” /s/ Stephen Whidden

According to the Criminal Justice Standards & Training Commission of the Florida Department of Law Enforcement, falsification of an application for employment in the criminal justice sector is considered a misdemeanor offense. Penalties include a fine, probation or jail-time in addition to revocation of a law enforcement certification.

There are hundreds of police officers throughout the State of Florida who have been successfully prosecuted through the criminal justice system for falsifying a job application. Those that have not been prosecuted have been stripped of their law enforcement certification. They are forever barred from being employed in the law enforcement profession.

While employed with the Clewiston Police Department, Whidden maintained a position with a DEA task force. The official reason for him being removed was "inactivity and a lack of case filings."

There are rumors as to why Sheriff Whidden was really removed from the task force. Because they are just that - rumors - I will not go into them here.

I have never been convicted of a criminal offense. My record of truthfulness and integrity speak for themselves.

To learn more about my professional and educational credentials, please visit my website at http://www.chamberlain4sheriff.com.
    The difference between 101 and the 3 candidates is that 101 has been arrested multiple times and his integrity and truthfulness is beyond questionable.

Unregistered
    The difference between 101 and the 3 candidates is that 101 has been arrested multiple times and his integrity and truthfulness is beyond questionable.

"Through research, it has been determined that Hendry County Sheriff Steve Whidden deliberately falsified his application for employment with the Clewiston Police Department prior to being elected Sheriff in 2008."

"While employed with the Clewiston Police Department, Whidden maintained a position with a DEA task force. The official reason for him being removed was "inactivity and a lack of case filings."

"There are rumors as to why Sheriff Whidden was really removed from the task force. Because they are just that - rumors - I will not go into them here."

"I have never been convicted of a criminal offense. My record of truthfulness and integrity speak for themselves."

Quite a lot of balls you got. What kind of "research" determines Steve "deliberately falsified his application" for CPD ? Prove intent.

There are rumors... yeah, maybe there's some great rumors about you too but don't let's not get into them here.. big deal about never being convicted of a criminal offense? Ok, you and OJ have something in common.

Unregistered

hypocrite candidate claims Steve hides past, what does the accuser hide DNA?

Everything you want to make into drama "the coverup is worse than the crime". maybe you hide things like dna? Maybe the crime is as bad as the coverup? How "clean" is your "I've never been convicted of a criminal offense" "Im Mr integirty truthful statements my whole life and never had any sort of innapropriate accusations"

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast