Mike Scott and Intimidation -

Mike Scott and Intimidation -

From Lee Bushong -

INTIMIDATION AND MIKE SCOTT
    When I first decided to run for Sheriff, Mike Scott employed his typical intimidation techniques on me, telling me how powerful he is and how insignificant I was. He told me about all his powerful friends and how much money he would raise to crush anyone that had the audacity to challenge him.
    I just looked at him and thought about those two tours I served as a Marine in hostile places and the experiences I had leading my platoon. His threats didn’t seem all that threatening compared to some of the things my men and I faced on a daily basis. He doesn’t know what it’s like to face a real threat, one that can’t be solved with money and connections. That’s the difference between our worlds.
    I’m not a politician. I’m a Marine who believes in protecting and serving my Country and my community and taking care of my “troops.” That’s the reason I joined the Sheriff’s Department, worked my way up in the ranks and became a lieutenant. It's the reason I’m running against politician Mike Scott for sheriff. I don’t believe the sheriff should be a politician. I believe he should be a servant and a law enforcement officer. He should be a person that takes care of his people and treats them with respect.
    Before Mike became sheriff he did public relations and traffic reports for the Lee County Sheriff’s Office under former Sheriff Rod Shoap. His world and mine are entirely different. Because of people like me, he’s never had to face a real threat and he thinks he can intimidate me by telling me how much money he’s raised for his campaign. I’m not intimidated. I am used to being out numbered and out gunned, not with money but with real guns. The fact that I would have to explain that to Mike tells me that he will never understand.
    What he will understand though is losing this election and each and every vote you cast against him and for me will become part of that understanding.
    I’m running for sheriff because I believe the people of Lee County deserve a sheriff that has the philosophy of “Protect and Serve,” rather than “Intimidate and Collect.” If you believe as I do, then vote against Mike Scott and for Lee Bushong on November 6th.
    The people of Lee County and the men and women of the Lee County Sheriff’s department deserve better. Please help yourself and help them on November 6th.
    Sincerely,
    - Lee Bushong

Re: Mike Scott and Intimidation -

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Stone Cop
    From Lee Bushong -

INTIMIDATION AND MIKE SCOTT
    When I first decided to run for Sheriff, Mike Scott employed his typical intimidation techniques on me, telling me how powerful he is and how insignificant I was. He told me about all his powerful friends and how much money he would raise to crush anyone that had the audacity to challenge him.
    I just looked at him and thought about those two tours I served as a Marine in hostile places and the experiences I had leading my platoon. His threats didn’t seem all that threatening compared to some of the things my men and I faced on a daily basis. He doesn’t know what it’s like to face a real threat, one that can’t be solved with money and connections. That’s the difference between our worlds.
    I’m not a politician. I’m a Marine who believes in protecting and serving my Country and my community and taking care of my “troops.” That’s the reason I joined the Sheriff’s Department, worked my way up in the ranks and became a lieutenant. It's the reason I’m running against politician Mike Scott for sheriff. I don’t believe the sheriff should be a politician. I believe he should be a servant and a law enforcement officer. He should be a person that takes care of his people and treats them with respect.
    Before Mike became sheriff he did public relations and traffic reports for the Lee County Sheriff’s Office under former Sheriff Rod Shoap. His world and mine are entirely different. Because of people like me, he’s never had to face a real threat and he thinks he can intimidate me by telling me how much money he’s raised for his campaign. I’m not intimidated. I am used to being out numbered and out gunned, not with money but with real guns. The fact that I would have to explain that to Mike tells me that he will never understand.
    What he will understand though is losing this election and each and every vote you cast against him and for me will become part of that understanding.
    I’m running for sheriff because I believe the people of Lee County deserve a sheriff that has the philosophy of “Protect and Serve,” rather than “Intimidate and Collect.” If you believe as I do, then vote against Mike Scott and for Lee Bushong on November 6th.
    The people of Lee County and the men and women of the Lee County Sheriff’s department deserve better. Please help yourself and help them on November 6th.
    Sincerely,
    - Lee Bushong

Re: Mike Scott and Intimidation -

Vote for Mike Scott he is the best man for the job