County finances

Thread: County finances

County finances

Questions to pro-union or anti-union folks:

According to our boss and the almighty BOCC, there's no money for us. That's what they say.

I saw on the news that the Lee County manager makes ONE HUNDRED AND SEVENTY THOUSAND US DOLLARS PER YEAR. That seems to be a fact.

Our State Governor's salary is 130,000ish per year. Easy to research and also seems to be a fact.

Our salaries have been frozen solid since 2005 with no hope of increase (step, COLA, etc) for the next few years I'm guessing the average salary for Deputies is 37000. Thats THIRTY SEVEN THOUSAND.

It's going to be a hard one but please do not politicize your comments and try not to use the "F" bomb....

Can anyone explain why a County that has "no money" pays a ridiculous amount of money to someone that we didn't even know existed?

How many more of these types of salaries are paid?

WHY?

Something is very, very wrong here. The only explanation I can find is that there IS money...just not for us

Re: County finances

Quote Originally Posted by Guesttwo
    Questions to pro-union or anti-union folks:

According to our boss and the almighty BOCC, there's no money for us. That's what they say.

I saw on the news that the Lee County manager makes ONE HUNDRED AND SEVENTY THOUSAND US DOLLARS PER YEAR. That seems to be a fact.

Our State Governor's salary is 130,000ish per year. Easy to research and also seems to be a fact.

Our salaries have been frozen solid since 2005 with no hope of increase (step, COLA, etc) for the next few years I'm guessing the average salary for Deputies is 37000. Thats THIRTY SEVEN THOUSAND.

It's going to be a hard one but please do not politicize your comments and try not to use the "F" bomb....

Can anyone explain why a County that has "no money" pays a ridiculous amount of money to someone that we didn't even know existed?

How many more of these types of salaries are paid?

WHY?

Something is very, very wrong here. The only explanation I can find is that there IS money...just not for us

The County has plenty of money as is evidenced by how much they have recently spent on non-essential items. The problem is that Mike just will not ask the BOCC for any of it to give to us deputies. He would rather give it to civilians and non-union members to show that he is in control and anti-union. He has taken this position because he doesn't want to alienate the BOCC or voters in backing his re-election.