Considering..

Thread: Considering..

Considering..

My gf and I are moving into the Pasco area this winter and Im looking into getting myself certified by going thru PHCC. Want to know how is the work and life as a deputy in PCSO?

Re: Considering..

It is pretty darn good now. Sheriff Nocco has brought a renewed sense of pride to the agency. The new Major is very good also. Always room to improve, such as more money, etc. Overall the place is very good, working on being great.

(There will be plenty of wise-a$$ replies to even my simple answer.)

Those that dislike the place are the old guard of disgruntled. Don't let them mess with you decision. Come talk to the deputies when you get to town. Go out to PHCC and talk to any of the two stripes.

Good luck - and I hope it works out.

Quote Originally Posted by great
    Go out to PHCC and talk to any of the two stripes.
    What a tool box

Great place to work but consider the pay before you decide to work here. We are one of the lowest paid in the agency.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by great
    Go out to PHCC and talk to any of the two stripes.
    What a tool box

Snap-On or a crusty old Sears model. I like my tool in a good solid box. :snicker:

Well I am going to try to self-sponsor slot at PHCC. I know the pay isnt "all that", but its a great area to live in. Im looking at moving into the wesley chapel area to live.

Just a thought for you. It doesn't matter where you work its all about what you put it in to it for what you get out of it. I don't work for Pasco SO I work at a differnet agency in FL. My brother does work there and he loves it. His pay is pretty good (compared to mine). I enjoy looking at other agencies to see what their deputies think about the agency they work for. You always have the people that hate the agency and want to leave but they wont. If they got fired tomorrow they would be begging for their jobs back. Everywhere you go you will find the ones that hate where they work. Just make the best out of what you got and where you are.

Maybe you should leave Hernando and go play with your brother. I am sure Nocco would love it