Another Bright Idea by Admin

Another Bright Idea by Admin

Administrations Idea- post a photo with the officer's full name and email on a website for the world to see even after the officers asked to not have their photo displayed.

What a great idea, now when something happens in which the officer is justified but the media might want to cause some controversy the news media can plaster the photo of the officer all over the TV and internet showing everyone what the officer looks like. Then they attach his photo to the article and all of the alligations of wrong doing and try to make him look like a criminal. Thanks for making his life even harder and more dangerous.

It's bad enough that LEOs constantly have to watch their back, it makes it ten times worse when your own agency is working against you and makes it easy for the dirtbags to know who you are and what you look like.

What's even worse about this latest officer involved shooting, the officer who had his photo taken from the Dade City website hasen't worked for DC in about a month but his photo is still there.

Re: Another Bright Idea by Admin

Maybe someone should bring to administrations attention that it is illegal, without you permission or consent, to make your photograph (attached with your name) public record. Just saying, it was not that hard for the media to get Officer Mechler's picture, who knows what kinds of repercussions could have came from that.

The fine is $500 each offense..... That's 12 in uniformed operations ($6,000), 3 in Criminal Investigation Division ($1,500), two SRO's ($1000) and 1 K-9 ($500).....that's $8000.....I know this is a new fiscal year, but I don't think they budgeted for that.

Below is the statute with the link to read it for yourself.

F.S.S.119.071?General exemptions from inspection or copying of public records.—

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/ind ... 9.071.html

2.a.?The home addresses, telephone numbers, social security numbers, dates of birth, and photographs of active or former sworn or civilian law enforcement personnel, including correctional and correctional probation officers, personnel of the Department of Children and Family Services whose duties include the investigation of abuse, neglect, exploitation, fraud, theft, or other criminal activities, personnel of the Department of Health whose duties are to support the investigation of child abuse or neglect, and personnel of the Department of Revenue or local governments whose responsibilities include revenue collection and enforcement or child support enforcement; the home addresses, telephone numbers, social security numbers, photographs, dates of birth, and places of employment of the spouses and children of such personnel; and the names and locations of schools and day care facilities attended by the children of such personnel are exempt from s. 119.07(1).

...........b.?Any public officer who violates this paragraph commits a noncriminal infraction, punishable by a fine not exceeding $500 per violation.
    9.?Any affected person may petition the circuit court for an order directing compliance with this paragraph.

A note to administration.........
    Do the right thing and take down the pictures of the officers who risk their lives for the community everyday.

Maybe the public wouldn't think of cops as jack booted thugs if they werent always trying to hide their names and faces from their employers. I also don't think that statute applies to fair use by media... but that guy hey we all know cops just want your $$$. Look at that one guy go on about how so and so should be fined.....

Ms G we respectfully request your full name, address and picture be posted on this site. or maybe you could go back up the street to that other agency that thinks you are so interesting

Just because I have friends that send me audio recordings of your roll call and morning announcements does not mean that I am or ever shall be an employee of a so called "law enforcement agency" :-)

Wow that's funny, You're Officially a liar. We dont have roll cal anymore, everything is done over the computers. A concept you are now aware of but probably didn't start using them until after you got fired and became a bagger at publix.

But hey on the bright side when you outside getting shopping carts you can use your smart phone and post things on here at your leisure.......or are you still doing the stripper thing?

Anyways, best of luck to sir

Quote Originally Posted by goawaymrsg
    Wow that's funny, You're Officially a liar. We dont have roll cal anymore, everything is done over the computers. A concept you are now aware of but probably didn't start using them until after you got fired and became a bagger at publix.

But hey on the bright side when you outside getting shopping carts you can use your smart phone and post things on here at your leisure.......or are you still doing the stripper thing?

Anyways, best of luck to sir
    Well a little trolling always seems to catch the attention of sargents or better.... I hope now all can see this persons intent to engage in a course of conduct to communicate, or to cause to be communicated, words, images, or language by or through the use of electronic mail or electronic communication, directed at a specific person, causing substantial emotional distress to that person and serving no legitimate purpose.

If I should be so bold as to ask your name sir, I know an exception when I smell one and I ask do you answer for this crime? Do you hide? Do any others here have a problem with stalking?

Lightbulb Re: Another Bright Idea by Admin

You make me smile MRS G thank you for all the laughs. :snicker: