Hiring Meeting - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hiring Meeting

Re: Hiring Meeting

Damn, I heard some people got contacted within 2 weeks of applying, I was hoping for the same lol.

Thanks!

Well if all else fails ill do the self-sponsor then look at which PD or SO does me good in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by ArmyVet115
    Well if all else fails ill do the self-sponsor then look at which PD or SO does me good in the long run.

First, I would like to tell you that coming to this board does NOT show you the true reflection of SPPD. You have to remember that this is the outlet for the gossipers, sometimes angry individuals. Among all the agencies, and especially among the ones in the area, there are very few differences. I know it might shock you, but ALL agencies have drama and ALL agencies deal with some sort of crap, one way or another. In the end, if you are looking for an agency that ''does you good'', you are probably getting in to a wrong profession. No matter where you go, you will be investigated for one thing or another, you will deal with knuckleheads and co workers that are lazy and feel entitled. In this profession, you will never find an agency that ''does you good''. If you want to be a successful cop, you need to get over the self entitlement with which you have posted, and realize that things arent given in this profession, but are earned through sweet and blood, and at times, take years of hard work to achieve.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest

First, I would like to tell you that coming to this board does NOT show you the true reflection of SPPD. You have to remember that this is the outlet for the gossipers, sometimes angry individuals. Among all the agencies, and especially among the ones in the area, there are very few differences. I know it might shock you, but ALL agencies have drama and ALL agencies deal with some sort of crap, one way or another. In the end, if you are looking for an agency that ''does you good'', you are probably getting in to a wrong profession. No matter where you go, you will be investigated for one thing or another, you will deal with knuckleheads and co workers that are lazy and feel entitled. In this profession, you will never find an agency that ''does you good''. If you want to be a successful cop, you need to get over the self entitlement with which you have posted, and realize that things arent given in this profession, but are earned through sweet and blood, and at times, take years of hard work to achieve.

I know that each agency has its pros and cons and no one agency is perfect. I'm looking forward getting into this new career.

Nobody can give you an accurate estimate of your chances without posting your race and sex.

Come work for St. Pete PD: the morale is terrible, the administration is incompetent, and you'll have to deal with working the most crime ridden area in the county while keeping in mind that aggressive policing is strictly frowned upon. What's that? You don't want to live around hoodrats so you bought a house in north county? Not to worry, you'll get a take home car in about 5 years. Plus, you'll get paid more than a Kenneth City officer!

Come work for St. Pete PD: the morale is terrible, the administration is incompetent, and you'll have to deal with working the most crime ridden area in the county while keeping in mind that aggressive policing is strictly frowned upon. What's that? You don't want to live around hoodrats so you bought a house in north county? Not to worry, you'll get a take home car in about 5 years. Plus, you'll get paid more than a Kenneth City officer!
    Obviously the above poster does not work for Sppd or he is a afraid to do police work so he likes to blame others. I'm on the take home list to get a card and I have only been on the list for a short time I'm all ready in the top 10 so waiting 5 years is totally bogus. As for pay once again his comment on pay tells you he is a tree sitter. Most of our guys make good money as I'm sure you have probably read the article on our pay. There is plenty of OT if you go out and work. My guess, he wants to sit under a tree and make 100K. Like I said I've been here a short time being 3 years and last year I made just shy of 95K and the Major in charge of giving out the take homes says when the new cars arrive I will get one so I'm fine as most others are that work here.

Quote Originally Posted by Accountant

Obviously the above poster does not work for Sppd or he is a afraid to do police work so he likes to blame others. I'm on the take home list to get a card and I have only been on the list for a short time I'm all ready in the top 10 so waiting 5 years is totally bogus. As for pay once again his comment on pay tells you he is a tree sitter. Most of our guys make good money as I'm sure you have probably read the article on our pay. There is plenty of OT if you go out and work. My guess, he wants to sit under a tree and make 100K. Like I said I've been here a short time being 3 years and last year I made just shy of 95K and the Major in charge of giving out the take homes says when the new cars arrive I will get one so I'm fine as most others are that work here.
    Like any agency it needs money and for me if SPPD doesnt pick me thats understandable. I dont mind being a self-sponsor for a class. Im trying to get into being a LEO as I want to make a difference not so much as the money which would go towards my family.

Quote Originally Posted by Accountant
    LOL, the only thing you can argue is money? Cool story bro, you can work 70 hours a week and make a ton of cash.

If you want to work for SPPD, and you also want to be cop's cop....get used to apologizing and groveling because of your pot stirring. And make sure you know how to fill out a memo.

And when you get here don't even think about looking at a stolen vehicle or a car that has fled a traffic stop. A new GO is coming out soon that will prevent officers from looking at cars associated with felonies and crime. The officer must turn the opposite direction shut down all emergency equipment toss the cruiser keys out the window and then immediately place blacked out goggles on his eyes. The goggles will be issued to all sworn officers. Officers will not be allowed to enter that part of the city, where the vehicle was last seen, for a period of 24 hours. Other than that this is a great place to be a cop.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast