Hiring Meeting
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hiring Meeting

Hiring Meeting

I was told that the hiring meeting is on the third Thursday of the month (yesterday). How long can i expect to wait to hear something? What has been your experiences?

Re: Hiring Meeting

You could have heard last night or will hear today, 10/19, if you were hired. If you don't find out today, it usually (but not always) means you weren't picked.

I be bummed if i dont get picked. Im hoping St Pete HR will call me back.

Looks as if nobody has been called as of yet. I have it from a good source that since Chief Gordon's daughter was killed in Afghanistan things are in a bit of disarray as the staff is rallying around him in his time of need. Calls will not go out until early next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest727
    Looks as if nobody has been called as of yet. I have it from a good source that since Chief Gordon's daughter was killed in Afghanistan things are in a bit of disarray as the staff is rallying around him in his time of need. Calls will not go out until early next week.

Not true, people got calls today.
    Good job to all that got hired. Great career is awaiting you.

Well it's good that we have a solid answer to lean on. :-/ No call for me. Looks like ill be self sponsoring in March.

I have not received a call either. Hang in there...No news in good news.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest727
    I have not received a call either. Hang in there...No news in good news.
    If you didnt receive a call at this point, check your mail for a letter from the city. They will inform you what steps you need to take next and how long you have to wait to reapply. You have to remember that the hiring board is sometimes presented with 30 or so applicants, but realistically, they can only hire so many at one time due to academy size. Hang in there, and reapply if needed.

I know its not an easy feeling to wait such a long time, but if you are persistent, and keep your self out of trouble, eventually you will be hired. Good luck and hold your head up.

How long on average does it take for them to contact you after submitting your initial application?

It can take upwards of 3 to 4 months to even be contacted after sending in your initial application. The entire process usually takes 9 months to a year.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast