Retirees Beware!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Retirees Beware!

I just received my second subpoena since I retired with my complete home address on the front page! Witness Coordination, either through incompetency or neglect, is giving my home address on a silver platter to CRIMINAL DEFENDANTS. The first subpoena was a STABBING case!!! I just talked with witness coordination and they confirmed that our personal information is supposed to remain confidential, even after we leave employment. If you are a former LEO, under any circumstances, carefully check the front page of your subpoenas for your address. If it is on the subpoena, call the SAO so that information can be removed. As for me, looks like I'll have to be armed 24/7, and I will be.

Gartee

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by ;1782861
    I just received my second subpoena since I retired with my complete home address on the front page! Witness Coordination, either through incompetency or neglect, is giving my home address on a silver platter to CRIMINAL DEFENDANTS. The first subpoena was a STABBING case!!! I just talked with witness coordination and they confirmed that our personal information is supposed to remain confidential, even after we leave employment. If you are a former LEO, under any circumstances, carefully check the front page of your subpoenas for your address. If it is on the subpoena, call the SAO so that information can be removed. As for me, looks like I'll have to be armed 24/7, and I will be.

Gartee
    Our personal info is available to defense lawyers, private investigators, collection agencies, and others.