Metaphorically speaking of course !

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Uz7VxUgPRiI

Re: Top 10 reasons why not to align yourself with Mike Pizzi

The main reason is that he's scum bag!

Jeanette doesn't seem to think so.

Post Re: Top 10 reasons why not to align yourself with Mike Pizzi

Charges of illicit drug use, arson and DUI raised in Miami Lakes election

As I’ve written before, my hometown of Miami Lakes is a small suburban municipality in the Northwest corner of Miami-Dade County known best for its tree-lined streets, scenic lakes, parks, and overall small-town feel. It’s kind of like a peaceful, lush oasis in an otherwise hectic, overdeveloped metropolis.

Despite it’s façade, however, its politics is anything but quaint. And this year’s mayoral election is beginning to illustrate it.

The latest example comes in the form of a YouTube video uploaded by Mayoral candidate Wayne Slaton that spoofs the Late Show’s Top Ten List. In the surprisingly well-produced video, Slaton gives his “Top Ten Reasons” to elect him Mayor of Miami Lakes. In doing so, he makes tacit allegations of unethical and in some cases illegal behavior presumably by his opponent incumbent mayor Michael Pizzi, including questioning whether he burned down his own law office, uses illegal drugs, and stiffs restaurants in town without paying.

A little background: Since its founding as a neighborhood over 50 years ago and even years after its incorporation as a municipality in 2000, Miami Lakes kept its distance from the kind of nasty, gutter politics that became typical in surrounding areas such as Hialeah and Miami. But in the last four years, that rancid style of South Florida politics and campaigning expanded into Miami Lakes under the direct tutelage and encouragement of incumbent Mayor Michael Pizzi, who now appears to be getting a bitter taste of his own bad medicine.

It was Pizzi and his allies who first began using obscure outside groups in Miami Lakes to character-assassinate his opponents and to essentially skirt the Town’s campaign finance reporting requirements and strict contribution limits (remember this?). It was Pizzi and his allies who first recruited a Hialeah “boletera” to ensure electoral wins through aggressive and questionable absentee ballot chasing. It’s Pizzi who silences his critics at every Council meeting whether they are on or off the dais. And the list goes on.

And I’m not alone in my observations. My fellow blogger “Ladra” has also extensively reported on Pizzi’s shenanigans, including his ties to the Hialeah political machine.

Several days ago, Pizzi launched his first attack against his opponent Wayne Slaton, who also happens to be his predecessor.

The attack came in the form of a mailer that accuses Slaton of raising taxes during his first year as mayor, which is curious because last year Pizzi himself argued in favor of raising property tax rates, but when he realized that he did not have the votes to do it, he voted against the tax increase. In doing so, he essentially threw his ally and most loyal of rubber stamps on the Council Mary Collins under the bus, since she initially followed his lead and voted for the tax increase before Pizzi voted against it.

Mary, had you practiced the Republicanism you preach, that wouldn’t have happened. But I digress.

Slaton fired back with a web video in which he debunks a claim made by Pizzi that he finally opened a road that residents have wanted for years.

In the meantime, Pizzi and his supporters have been criticized for littering the town with yard signs and placing them in areas forbidden by law (i.e., medians), as well as obviously vacant (foreclosed?) homes.

He has also been criticized for allegedly berating anyone who precludes him from placing his signs wherever he wants to. According to an anonymous Miami Lakes whistle-blower who only identifies himself with the name of “Truth Purveyor,” Pizzi attempted entry into a gated community that apparently forbids campaign yard signs altogether. We at Reaganista.com confirmed that when he was denied entry into the development, the mayor berated the female security guard.

We have also received reports that the mayor and his supporters have been going around town disparaging Slaton and alleging that as mayor he somehow misused his car allowance because he continued driving his 20 year-old station wagon, which he uses to practice his profession as an electrician.

Slaton, who comes across as an incredibly nice, soft-spoken man apparently had enough of Pizzi’s bullying tactics and decided to publicly shed light on several allegations against him that until today were merely a matter of political gossip and innuendo. And here is the result:

In an obvious spoof of the Late Show’s Top Ten List, Slaton offers his own “Top Ten” reasons to elect him mayor:

10. “I don’t repeat everything I say three times.”
    The notoriously high-strung mayor of Miami Lakes tends to repeat things multiple times. It’s an amusing thing to watch, and here is a fun example.

9. “I always pay my restaurant check.”
    Word on the street is that for years Pizzi has been playing his “I am the mayor” card to get out of paying restaurant and bar tabs around town.

8. “I still drive my 1991 woodie station wagon.”
    An apparent sign of Slaton’s fiscal conservatism?

7. “Ive never been pulled over drunk by my own police department.”
    Rumor has it that Pizzi was once pulled over by Miami Lakes Police on his way home from his usual watering hole the Miami Lakes Billiard Club. We have not been able to independently confirm this.

6. “I’ve never refused a drug test.”
    This allegation speaks for itself, and it’s apparently based on a rumor dating back to the night of his election in 2008.

5. “I’ll let all the citizens speak at the town council meeting.”
    The mayor is notorious for cutting short public testimony at Council meetings.

4. “Heck I’ll even let all the council members speak at the council meetings!”
    Yeah, he tends to cut off his colleagues on the dais, too.

3. “I’ve never set my office on fire.”
    Slaton must be referring to this act of arson, which to date has yet to be solved, but was the subject of rumors around town.

2. “I’ve never said, ‘Do you know who I am!?’”
    A phrase Pizzi is fond of using, apparently.

1. “I’m not an attorney.”
    The number one reason is usually the least funny.

We have to hand it to Slaton: posting this video took a lot of chutzpah, which we did not expect from such a mild-mannered, soft-spoken guy. But when you’re being pitched hardballs by someone like Pizzi, you have to hit back hard in order to score a run.

Stay tuned for a great deal of hilarity very soon from the Pizzi camp in response. We shall keep you posted!

One thing is for sure,,,,,,,well,,,, just ask arrested ex-Hialeah gardens mayor Gilda Oliveros...about Pizzi.... :devil:

Quote Originally Posted by Able Archer

This video speaks volumes about Pizzi

If, under RR's watch , this Pizzi atty guy was the town lawyer and he guided Jeanette through some or all of this, OMG, those guys are golden!

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    If, under RR's watch , this Pizzi atty guy was the town lawyer and he guided Jeanette through some or all of this, OMG, those guys are golden!
    You can lead a horse to water....

Doing the right/wrong thing should take no swaying. It's born within.

He is a crook. Go Wayne Slaton!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Able Archer

11th Reason : So you won't go to Federal Prison.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast