PCSO Troubles - Page 2
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: PCSO Troubles

Re: PCSO Troubles

If they promoted straight from the list in order of score someone would find a reason to complain. If they skip people someone will complain. If they pick at random someone will complain. There is no perfect system and you will never please everyone. Just accept that. If you have the perfect plan by all means post it. Even the matrix system was flawwed. Let's hear your perfect system. Anyone? Or just complaints with no ideas.

Guest,

You don't like being a called a failure, but you were ok with calling others a piece of shit.
    It's amazing how things suddenly take on new meaning when you are the target.

I did give you a no bullshit answer, you are incapable of comprehending it. The rest of the agency is not "dumb" nor am I particularly smart, look hard at yourself.

Not everyone who has gone to TPD has come crawling back. It seams like the ones who crawl back are slackers. And yet they still get promoted when they come crawling back. Your statement guest, would only apply to the slacker that can't hang at TPD.

Bring back the matrix. Why would you not promote someone that has a 18 to 25 yrs on and a vast amount of experience in different divisions over a 6 to 7 yr deputy that has had only patrol experience. The answer is because he or she was selected because of a test score and some help from his or her pal's upstairs.

Its the Me Now generation of cop. It shows me that you can have loyality and commitment for over 15 to 25 yrs and still get passed over by a rookie cop with NO MATRIX POINTS.

I suugest we bring back the matrix and stop giving 10 pts for a degree from Bum Camp University.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Bring back the matrix. Why would you not promote someone that has a 18 to 25 yrs on and a vast amount of experience in different divisions over a 6 to 7 yr deputy that has had only patrol experience. The answer is because he or she was selected because of a test score and some help from his or her pal's upstairs.

Its the Me Now generation of cop. It shows me that you can have loyality and commitment for over 15 to 25 yrs and still get passed over by a rookie cop with NO MATRIX POINTS.

I suugest we bring back the matrix and stop giving 10 pts for a degree from Bum Camp University.
    I say lets promote whoever can run the PAT the fastest.

Okay, in your scenario, why is it this 18 to 25 year cop, who has been everywhere and done everything, can't retain enough knowledge to pass a simple 100 question test based upon the basics of law enforcement? And before you say, "He doesn't test well", that is the stupidest thing anyone can say.. what does that even mean? A written test measures knowledge, knowledge retention, the ability to perform under the time constraints of the test and under the pressures of the test, and the ability to comprehend the question. Pretty sure all of these are important, basic abilities. Show me one senior deputy who is able to score high on the test, who has vast experience in the department, and is not being promoted??? And anyone with huge acts of misconduct, say for instance, perjury, does not count. :roll: Now go study rather than waste you time complaining on this site.

You are assuming Im not on the list and not within reach. I see we go off the top ten on the list when convenient. Then others get passd over when they do not want to walk upstairs and talk to Car 1. If matrix is not the answer then you think that the ability to perform under time constraints, and the test is stressful, what a joke. How about getting out of you patrol car and making more than 50 arrest in your career. Or average more than 1 arrest per month.

If the only STAT we will use is a test score and not work ethic then we are doomed.

You are assuming Im not on the list and not within reach. I see we go off the top ten on the list when convenient. Then others get passd over when they do not want to walk upstairs and talk to Car 1. If matrix is not the answer then you think that the ability to perform under time constraints, and the test is stressful, what a joke. How about getting out of you patrol car and making more than 50 arrest in your career. Or average more than 1 arrest per month.

If the only STAT we will use is a test score and not work ethic then we are doomed.

I see that's all you took out of the post- I understand why you are getting passed over. I certainly don't feel the test is the ONLY factor, nor did I find it very stressful. You're actually making my point for me- If the test is such a joke, why can't these senior guys pass it? (and I know the top 10 on the list, for the most part, and they're not all that senior). I can certainly name alot of very senior guys, who have been in many components, who can not even PASS the test, let alone get in the top 10... My question is, "why?" It is basic material that they have been exposed to, and/or had a chance to commit to memory, for 18-25 years (takes less time to learn Latin). Anyone incapable of that, I would seriously have to question their abilities or their level of motivation. You, for example, pushing seniority and experience- I have to assume you have both- you can't get in the top 10?? Why is that bro?

First Im not your Bro and like always your trying to justify promoting a sub par employee based on a test score. I refuse to go upstairs and try and convince a person why they should pick me over a rookie/professional back-up when that person has never taken a test to get promoted in this agency.

Is it also your understanding that past promotion are ok when jumping around to the 20's to 30's to 40's to 50's on the test. My point is that if you knew anything about this department you should realize that to get respect you have to show that your willing to do what others have done and at 55 arrest that just wont cut it for me. That gives you about as much experience of a 1 yr deputy.

If you are sitting top 10 on the list then look at yourself in the mirror and ask yourself!!!! can I lead a squad of men and women at age 29 with 7 yrs on,55 arrest and expect them to follow you because you scored high on a test. I will give you the answer HELL NO. They will grin and bare-it and hope one day you will get transferred Thats reality, but not to worry your not alone their are others and without putting initials or names, Ill just say some recent promotions to Lt and Sgt fit right in my definition of a professional backups. Just keep convincing yourself your the man (BRO).

Maybe one day you can get out of your vehicle and make a felony arrest. I seriously question your lack of motivation and ability to do the job of a police officer much less lead a squad. Just keep sitting in your patrol car and studying for that Sgt exam why the rest of your squad are doubling and tripling your STATS. Word of advice if your afraid to work certain sectors because your scared, just go turn in your star. Please dont respond because of hearing your Bull Shzzzz.

First Im not your Bro and like always your :lol: trying to justify promoting a sub par employee based on a test score. I refuse to go upstairs and try and convince a person why they should pick me over a rookie/professional back-up when that person has never taken a test to get promoted in this agency.

Is it also your understanding that past promotion(s) are ok when jumping around to the 20's to 30's to 40's to 50's on the test (??????). My point is that if you knew anything about this department you should realize that to get respect you have to show that your :lol: willing to do what others have done and at 55 arrest(s) that just wont cut it for me. That gives you about as much experience of a 1 yr deputy.

If you are sitting top 10 on the list then look at yourself in the mirror and ask yourself!!!! can I lead (WTF!) a squad of men and women at age 29 with 7 yrs on,55 arrest(s) and expect them to follow you (me) because you (I) scored high on a test. I will give you the answer HELL NO. They will grin and bare-it (bear it) :lol: and hope one day you will get transferred Thats reality, but not to worry your :lol: not alone their :lol: are others and without putting initials or names, Ill just say some recent promotions to Lt and Sgt fit right in my definition of a professional backups. :lol: Just keep convincing yourself your the man (BRO).

Maybe one day you can get out of your vehicle and make a felony arrest. I seriously question your lack of motivation and ability to do the job of a police officer much less lead a squad. Just keep sitting in your patrol car and studying for that Sgt exam why (while) :lol: the rest of your squad are (is) :lol: doubling and tripling your STATS. Word of advice if your afraid to work certain sectors because your :lol: scared, just go turn in your star. Please dont respond because of hearing your Bull Shzzzz.
    Grammar Girl says:
    Understand the proper usage of the word you need. The best way to do that is to sound it out. There is a replacement test that will tell you for certain which word will fit. Read the sentence with "you are" in place of where the "your/you're" is intended. If it makes sense, then "you're" would be right. If not, then "your" would fit. You could also replace "your" with "my" in the sentence. If it fits, then use "your."

I was also going to post a "Why vs While", "Bear vs Bare", "There vs Their", "When to use plurals", "Quoatation Marks- Friend or Foe", etc., but you are either mildly retarded or just got off of a mid, so I'm not going to bother. I leave you forever with these two examples of why you are where you are:

"when that person has never taken a test to get promoted in this agency".
    "Please dont respond because of hearing your Bull Shzzzz".

But seriously, go get your GED and check back with us... thanks :devil:

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast