PCSO Troubles
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: PCSO Troubles

PCSO Troubles

If a professional sports organization ran their team like the Pinellas County Sheriff's Office they would forever be winless. Why would you take a starting running back and make him into an offensive lineman? Why would you move Derek Jeter into the bullpen? Why would you take Tiger Woods and switch him into basketball? The answer is you would never because it's not in the best interests of the team or the sport. The Sheriff's Office is the only business, organization or professional law enforcement organization where the bench players have taken over the team.

You know who they are. They found out it early on in their careers that it was easier to ride the bench and do just enough to stay on the team then it was to work hard and take chances. Obviously, the more exposure to proactive and aggressive law enforcement increases the chances of something not going perfect. Which is turn gives the bench riders (our bosses) a chance to take a swing at us. It's much easier to show up as the perpetual back up and write a few warnings a month than it is to be an informal leader and do your damn job with efficiency and confidence.

For years now the bench riders have learned and watched closely. They have continued to promote the other bench players because guess what? If you are surrounded by a bunch of flunkies then you'll never have to worry about someone sniffing for your position because they are equally as incompetent as you. It's significantly easier to study for a test sitting underneath a shady tree than it is to prove your knowledge and earn your promotion.

It's a perfect system designed for eventual failure and complete meltdown. Unfortunately, this is not the Nike Corporation or the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Our job involves risking our lives on a daily basis and it's gotten to the point where it's actually becoming dangerous. Eventually, management will have to promote people who know how to do the job safely and effectively. I pray someone will not get hurt before they acknowledge the dysfunction of their current promotional process.

Your thoughts please...........

Re: PCSO Troubles

Very well said and 100 percent correct. I have bench warmers all around me that hide out and do nothing.

Thanks for the post Patrol Guest.

Thank you "Patrol Guest" for your post. Those of us on the outside looking back in feel helpless when we know things are very wrong. Some have tried to help change things from outside but it really needs to come from within.

Be safe....and watch your back inside and out.

If it is significantly easier to study for an exam then why did so many of your so called informal leaders fail to place themselves near the top of the list? I'm sorry, but if you can't score well on an OPEN BOOK exam based upon your own job functions how can you make sure those under your supervision are following these same guidelines?

Who says Im not on the list. Please explain why someone would jump to number 50 on the list instead of taking the top ten. I think the original poster was trying to prove that this selection process has been detroyed by bunch of brass bench warmers having their say in picking sub-par employees.

Its not only number 50, its that people were promoted that didnt even pass. You talk about the good ole boy sysytem ,,well it has arrived in full force. It also incudes B/S transfers and position made up to accomidate a select few bench warmers.

Just because you have strips and bars does not make you a leader. Just because you were appointed or elected to the position of Sheriff, DOES NOT MAKE YOU A LEADER. A leader is someone that has done what you ask others to do and has worked up through the ranks.

You will have never have respect from your troops, if you have never had to do these things. So keep trying to convince people that this is the best the agency has to offer..

oh disgruntled one that keeps on harping about the supposed number 50 promotion thing why don't you just do us all a favor and QUIT (learn to spell while you are at it too). Was the promotion within the current rules = YES. If you look at all the boards on this site (HCSO, TPD, Pasco, etc.) you see virtually all the same comments about unfair promotions, good ol boy networks, favorites, worst place to work, how it has gone downhill with the current Sheriff, nobody cares about us anymore, and all the same BS spewed by the few disgruntled who think they are a legend and should be something when they could not get out of the starting gate. Reality is that this Sheriff has done more for us with less than was ever done before. And he will be with us for years to come so either get over it or get out but quit complaining it's bad for your health! Maybe go to TPD, and then come crawling back like so many have over the years.

Patrol Guest,

You chose a sports analogy to describe PCSO. Perhaps you should have been a a sports commentator, it is easy to see why you have not had much success as a deputy.

You view yourself as a hero. Maybe you are, I don't know you. But I do know several heroic deputies and I can tell from the posting you are not one of them.

You are a small minded malcontent, unwilling to admit that someone other than you can do the job. Your small mind is what is holding you back. Blaming others for your lack of success gets you nowhere.

Try to stop the negativity. If you can actually contribute to the success of the agency, you might find your own success.

Once again same response from the POS that has tried to be Bobs protector and not answer the question.

I wish we could fire the coach on this team but lets blame the players. This system is a total and complete failure and you response is somehow spilled into what other people on other boards are saying. I could care less about your explanation of things. I could care less if your the man himself. You are a bench warmer and will go with the flow because you are part of the problem.

I"ll quit when you lose some weight. KMA you CLONE.

Guest,

You want answers but your question is very broad. It seems your big concern is about people getting promoted or transferred. It is hard to answer because you are anonymous but there are a few clues in your post as to why you are a failure.

You call the responding guest a "POS", is that how you would talk to a subordinate.
    You refer to the sheriff as "Bob", not much respect for your superior.
    You want to "fire" the coach, if the coach wanted to fire you, you would cry like a baby.
    The system is a total failure, is it really, or just in your world.
    "I could care less about your explanation", clearly a small minded view.
    "I'll quit when you lose some weight", a personal attack on someone, I'm not sure who.

And you wonder why you are a failure. I don't know you and from your post I'm sure I would not to work with you, and I really don't want you to be my sergeant.

I hope you dont work around me either, once again no answers. Just a bunch of B/S. You call people disgruntled and ignorant and make assumptions that we all buy into your,,,"there is nothing wrong at this agency theory" because you my friend are the problem.

I guess Im talking to someone that tries to make an issue out of name calling but inturn does it him or herself.

Please stop trying to cast your opinion's of why your so smart and the rest of the agency is dumb and we should see it your way.

Now with that said "FIRE THE COACH" Throw me the ball.

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast