FHP Applicants keep your posts and question in here! - Page 3
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Re: FHP Applicants keep your posts and question in here!

Good evening,
    If all phases of the testing have been completed (poly,psych,medical,vision) and you are told you need to come in for a final interview with your BI does that usually indicate a pass? If so, is it typical for an academy invitation letter to come before or after the scheduled interview?

Applicant_0001,
    That is good news!!! This is the last step. Your BI will ask you a few questions. Go over everything, then add you to the ready to hire list. The colonel will make the last decision. What are your credentials? Army vet, Bachelors, Associate degree, or you're already certified? If you have one of these, then you will be heading to Havana soon partner. Good luck!

Nono45,
    Thank you for the reply! I have a 4 year degree. I am also an out of state applicant so I figured that if they were having me come down again must be a good sign

Does FHP work a 8 hour shift rotation or is it 10? Also as a 20yr FL certified LEO with a ton of traffic experience, does FHP require that you complete the entire FTO or can it be modified based on field experience? Will FHP allow certified to get back to home county? Thanks be safe.

Quote Originally Posted by applicant_0001
    Good evening,
    If all phases of the testing have been completed (poly,psych,medical,vision) and you are told you need to come in for a final interview with your BI does that usually indicate a pass? If so, is it typical for an academy invitation letter to come before or after the scheduled interview?
    Hi. I took my medical and vision and poly already. Is the psych easy? I have six and 2/3 years military experience with 7 of those years as an MP. We are very regimented with our daily activities like tooth brushing and groom my body, very clean, very clean. We have no mental issues but PTSD runs rampant in the services and I had to take an exit psych exam which we passed with flying colors. I was told to get hired by FHP but I tried to ignore it but they would not stop telling me to get hired by FHP. They want me to get hired so bad that they tell me to get hired with FHP when I'm pouring my milk into my cereal then again when I m locking my front door to walk to the store. The clerk at the store kept whispering to me to get hired with FHP. I am being followed by a helicopter most days and I think it is watching to make sure I apply with FHP. 2+2=4. It just told me to prove my math solvency skills so you know I am serious. Oh, my, the red devil sausage to the right of my screen :devil: keeps saying, FHP, FHP, FHP. The other smileys are laughing at him and me.

Do you think I will make it into the Dec class or the April one? We are so excited.

Quote Originally Posted by VetLEO
    Does FHP work a 8 hour shift rotation or is it 10? Also as a 20yr FL certified LEO with a ton of traffic experience, does FHP require that you complete the entire FTO or can it be modified based on field experience? Will FHP allow certified to get back to home county? Thanks be safe.
    You will do 6 weeks of FTO, and your county of assignment will be given to you when you are hired. It is not usually a problem to go to your home county when you are already certified. You will have to do 8 weeks at the academy thought.

I just applied last week. When can I expect to an email for my PAT?
    Thanks!

I havent applied yet, when will I get an email for my PAT. If I don't apply, can I still go to December academy?

Just got a letter that I will be going to the next PAT exam. I have just to take the BAT exam now. Any strategy on how to take it will be much appreciated.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast