Patrol only works 3 days a week...that is what they think?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Patrol only works 3 days a week...that is what they think?

"We don't want you looking out for your fellow officers on their Friday because it gives the appearance that we only work 3 days a week".......What? Since when? What lazy Saigon Warrior said this at the staff meeting? I bet it was the blowhard who has an opinion about EVERYTHING.

I'm calling BS! I don't think anyone really thinks that. Are members of the public complaining? No. Is City Council complaining? No. One lazy jerk who hasn't worked a day in his life really thinks that. It was okay to look out for a fellow officer on his/her Friday for decades and now it is wrong?

The message (not attacking the messengers) was that "Patrol is full of lazy scum that only works 3 days a week". That is a lie....a dirty, filthy lie that is devastating for morale. The person who furthered this line of thinking should be fired and ran out of town, not only as a poor leader but a traitor to the brotherhood of trust that has been built by those really risking themselves.

Patrol has been undermanned and overwhelmed for years now and butts are busted everyday. Morale is maintained by officers out in the field taking care of and encouraging each other. Handing out awards/positions to the same 10 people is not encouragement. Shaming your workers for a harmless and thoughtful practice is just spiteful.

This was a fictitious problem that existed only in the mind of a megalomaniac. We all decided to ignore this idiotic request and we will continue to watch out for each other.You can erase the "f" on the schedule and eliminate the radio traffic, but we know we wren't lazy and we know you are. I will continue to look out for people on their Friday. No one goes without taking calls or working, even on their Friday. Most patrol officers work more than 40 hours a week.

Please focus on real issues like actually cleaning up the city and the runaway fratenization. Worst case, you can click out of the fantasy football websites, leave your desk, and show us how it's done.

Re: Patrol only works 3 days a week...that is what they thin

Years ago, if they wanted to piss you off, they would give your zone partner off on your Thursdays and Fridays..

What is a zone partner?? We have those?? I know I have not had one for years!!

Boring......who cares.

Quote Originally Posted by Babysitter
    Boring......who cares.
    You do (care). Otherwise you wouldn't have posted...I think it's a legitimate complaint if there is a supervisor who doesn't want officers to help out fellow officers...Maybe I'm old fashioned...

Do your job. Stop crying. Life is good.

STFU....life is good for those at the top. Life is bad for citizens of this city and all the regular troops. Life is good for those that get to eat everyday while many have to skip out.This was very insulting, since they can't pay, they won't lead by example, they don't care about their own city the least they can do is lie to us and pretend they respect us.

Well said in my opinion, I'm sure you will get blasted by some one in a special position but it's all good. I think most of the patrol people would agree, but most are to affraid to create a wave and say how they feel. This place is so poorly managed, and no help insight, who knows what will be next. I just hope it does not come to one of us getting seriously injured. It's the Titanic on the way to the bottom, let's hopefully try at least as patrol guys and gals to keep each other up and safe, and have the fun we can have when we work together. Stay Safe!

Well said in my opinion, I'm sure you will get blasted by some one in a special position but it's all good. I think most of the patrol people would agree, but most are to affraid to create a wave and say how they feel. This place is so poorly managed, and no help insight, who knows what will be next. I just hope it does not come to one of us getting seriously injured. It's the Titanic on the way to the bottom, let's hopefully try at least as patrol guys and gals to keep each other up and safe, and have the fun we can have when we work together. Stay Safe!
    Hum, I wonder which malcontent posted this? Yes, we have about 5 of them that talk nuclear disaster crises when you ask how the weather is. Bunch of lazy cry babies. Why don't you do us all a favor and go to Tampa PD or something.

LT, that didn't sound like crybabying.....it was overall positive .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast