Who are they hiring these days?

Who are they hiring these days?

When I entered the Service I was one of a relative few who came with both military service and law enforcement experience.

A large number of my contemporaries and those who entered shortly before me were former school teachers.

I was around when the emphasis switched to giving hiring preference to women, blacks and Hispanics. I even had to file an annual report regarding the number of minorities I had tried to recruit as agents.

I wonder where the emphasis is being placed these days................

(I've seen a lot of bald headed men on protective details recently.)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Re: Who are they hiring these days?

Whomever DHS says is the "protected class" these days. It's all about diversity, don't you know?

Can you give me any information on applying with the Service? I am a female with a law enforcement background.Any help would be greatly appreciated.

As a former agent I can tell you that if you are a female you should look for other agencies. The USSS is notorious for treating female agents, even good ones, like crap. They don't care that you have a family or you have child care issues. I had a friend who was actually retaliated against because she took maternity leave. Other agencies are a lot more female and family friendly...the FBI has a part-time agent program that allows you to work 4 days a week for up to two years after having a child. You lose your LEAP but at least you aren't told to quit.

The USSS is a sinking ship. I wouldn't get on it.