Vote smart on the contract!

Vote smart on the contract!

Take the facts at hand and vote for what is right. Does the fireman deserve more than us? Hell NO! I respect them, are friends with many of them, but I think it would be fair if we were compensated as much as they are. We deserve a raise just as much as they do, if not more so. We, the deputies, have some catching up to do when it comes to compensation. It is wrong that they get a raise and we do not! Vote no to the contract!

Re: Vote smart on the contract!

Didn't we just pass something about if any department in the county gets a raise, we also get that same raise? Or did that change?

The Firemen got a raise two years ago. The BCC asked them to forgo it and take it the following year due to budget constraints. The IAFF agreed and gave the raise back as a sign of good faith. Last year the BCC said to the IAFF that they would not be getting that raise again as they were still without money. IAFF (who has binding arbitration, and we DO NOT) said F this and took it to an arbitrator. IAFF Won, and the BCC were forced to give them the raise. Now they should have not gotten a raise to begin with, but they have POWER (Binding Arbitration) Their union has about 80% partipicataion. We do not have Binding Arbitration and secondly we do not have support among the members. WE have a clause that says the sheriff can ask for a raise if someone else gets one. Thats it and since the BCC voted to draft a letter asking the IAFF to return the money they just won in court, I am pretty sure we will be told sorry, but we can't afford it. If you want are union to mean something then we (all of us) need to go to the ****ing meetings at the FOP and vote in leaders. Not command staff members and future command staff members. We are our own worst enemy and if we unite there is nothing we can not get via political preasure.

Quote Originally Posted by know the facts
    The Firemen got a raise two years ago. The BCC asked them to forgo it and take it the following year due to budget constraints. The IAFF agreed and gave the raise back as a sign of good faith. Last year the BCC said to the IAFF that they would not be getting that raise again as they were still without money. IAFF (who has binding arbitration, and we DO NOT) said F this and took it to an arbitrator. IAFF Won, and the BCC were forced to give them the raise. Now they should have not gotten a raise to begin with, but they have POWER (Binding Arbitration) Their union has about 80% partipicataion. We do not have Binding Arbitration and secondly we do not have support among the members. WE have a clause that says the sheriff can ask for a raise if someone else gets one. Thats it and since the BCC voted to draft a letter asking the IAFF to return the money they just won in court, I am pretty sure we will be told sorry, but we can't afford it. If you want are union to mean something then we (all of us) need to go to the ****ing meetings at the FOP and vote in leaders. Not command staff members and future command staff members. We are our own worst enemy and if we unite there is nothing we can not get via political preasure.
    I could not have said it better myself! Please do everyone a favor and read this, then read it again. After that, head to the next meeting, join the union and let's get something done!