Dropping like flies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Dropping like flies

Just wondering how many deputies the Chief and Sheriff axed this week and how many more outright quit or retired? Absolutely no loyalty by this office at all to some really good deputies recently. Absolutely amazing how things have changed and how easily this administration will toss people to the curb now. Truly a wake up call for all.

Re: Dropping like flies

No one left that didn't want to or didn't deserve to. How about you show some loyalty to the office and keep your whining off this site.

The sheriff and chief are so disloyal that they just gave another stipend to everyone.

I have to agree with you. Although things aren't perfect, another stipend was given. Most agencies have received nothing for several years, yet we have done pretty good on the money side.

Can't complain too much.

Sounds like its all about the money to most of you these days. There are many things in life more important than money, maybe some day this "all about me" generation will realize it. Honor & loyalty mean much more to some of us then a extra hundred bucks a month. So few ex-military being hired now at HCSO, so not surprising that money would be more important.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    No one left that didn't want to or didn't deserve to. How about you show some loyalty to the office and keep your whining off this site.

The sheriff and chief are so disloyal that they just gave another stipend to everyone.
    I can assure you that you are quite wrong regarding your first paragraph.

Sounds like its all about the money to most of you these days. There are many things in life more important than money, maybe some day this "all about me" generation will realize it. Honor & loyalty mean much more to some of us then a extra hundred bucks a month. So few ex-military being hired now at HCSO, so not surprising that money would be more important.
    Exactly, you hit the nail on the head with that post. Money is most definately not everything. The sheriff could up each deputies salary to a million dollars per year but without good leadership, honesty, loyalty and compassion for the troops the end result would just be a bunch of disheartened millonairs. Since I retired earlier this year I have less income coming in each month but you know what? I'm happier now than I was when I was at the HCSO and had more money coming in and it's not just me, I've spoken with several ole friends of mine who have recently retired or left the HCSO in the past year or so and they all agree. For you guys and gals still there Be Safe and Good Luck.

Quote Originally Posted by The Nitely Blog
    Exactly, you hit the nail on the head with that post. Money is most definately not everything. The sheriff could up each deputies salary to a million dollars per year but without good leadership, honesty, loyalty and compassion for the troops the end result would just be a bunch of disheartened millonairs. Since I retired earlier this year I have less income coming in each month but you know what? I'm happier now than I was when I was at the HCSO and had more money coming in and it's not just me, I've spoken with several ole friends of mine who have recently retired or left the HCSO in the past year or so and they all agree. For you guys and gals still there Be Safe and Good Luck.
    Hey Blog, we may or may not have ever crossed paths during our career at HCSO, but I have no doubt from your posts both present and past, that I can call you a fellow "Brother". A "Brother" that WII NOT look to stab you in the back the first chance you get in order to make a name for yourself or try to get ahead at the expense of good cops. The work ethic these days at HCSO is atrocious compared to the way things used to be. All everybody does now is complain on each other and whine when they have to actually work for a living. Then the current administration rewards many of these same people and makes them supervisors or detectives etc. This occurs while the few hard working TRUE COPS that are left at the office are thrown to the wolves at the first available chance. If the Sheriff actually payed attention these days to what has been allowed to happen to some very good people recently, maybe he would understand the bitterness that many people have. There is no doubt that HCSO is better then some places to work, but it used to be the BEST PLACE TO WORK. I too have heard the share pleasure and relief from those who have left the office to either go elsewhere or retire. The stress of the now daily "GPS" management tactics has and will continue to wear many a good deputy out. Do they care?...nope not a bit and this administration never will. Good luck to those that have to serve 30 years in order to retire. They have no idea how impossible that is going to be unless they are one of the special golden children that spend their careers in the coveted positions that have zero stress or responsibility. Best of luck to you Blog my "Brother", a phrase that I do not take lightly as very few brothers still exist at HCSO.

Best of luck to you Blog my "Brother", a phrase that I do not take lightly as very few brothers still exist at HCSO.
    Why thank you, and to you as well.

Man, it is all about money. If you think people at other jobs, civilian or otherwise, don't have *****es, you are mistaken. I have been here many years. I have not liked every dish served to me, but I live with it. It is a job. I do well and support my family. That is what a job is for. Oh by the way, I do enjoy it often too. Some days are better than others.

Man, it is all about money. If you think people at other jobs, civilian or otherwise, don't have *****es, you are mistaken. I have been here many years. I have not liked every dish served to me, but I live with it. It is a job. I do well and support my family. That is what a job is for. Oh by the way, I do enjoy it often too. Some days are better than others.
    for many of us, this office and profession used to be much more then just a job my friend. It used to be a way of life and a very close knit group of deputies. Not that way anymore now. These days you can't trust anybody, as this regime has molded a culture of current deputies that will stab each other in the back the first chance they get in order to try to make a name for themselves. There is absolutely no thin blue line or brotherhood as was the case in years past. It used to be that your fellow squad mates & other deps were just like blood family and each would go to extremes to help their fellow brothers and sisters out, no matter what. Ha, what a joke it has since become with most only caring about themselves now. There are still small pockets of true old school leo's left at the office, but most have either been run off or have given up trying to be real cops, as they continually get their privates dragged in the dirt every time they try to be proactive or go out of their way to help somebody out. Your right about one thing my friend, as it certainly has become nothing more then a job!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast