AFLAC
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AFLAC

AFLAC

Foe those of you who have AFLAC supplemental insurance, or for those that are contemplating signing up at HCSO, don't waste your time as they are just another insurance company that brags about all they can do for you, but then fight you tooth & nail when its time to pay out anything other then your big whopping $20.00 annual health checkup fee. I had a multitude of injuries and lost thousands at work and AFLAC refused to cover anything. They had a excuse for everthing. I'm telling you don't waste your time or money with them at HCSO.

Unhappy Re: AFLAC

I would be interested in some specific examples.

Were you injured on duty or off duty and how did you lose thousands?

If injured on duty you should have gotten worker's comp. If injured off duty you should have gotten short term disability and/or long term disability payments.

I would expect that if you got those payments AFLAC would not want to pay as well. Is this the excuse you are talking about?

AFLAC is a supplement to Major Medical Insurance and is designed to pay after you have reached your Major Medical Insurance maximum payments. Had you actually been receiving payments from your Major Medical Insurance (not worker's comp or STD or LTD)?

Details please.......................

Re: AFLAC

Quote Originally Posted by I Have Questions

If injured on duty you should have gotten worker's comp. If injured off duty you should have gotten short term disability and/or long term disability payments.

I would expect that if you got those payments AFLAC would not want to pay as well. Is this the excuse you are talking about?

AFLAC is a supplement to Major Medical Insurance and is designed to pay after you have reached your Major Medical Insurance maximum payments. Had you actually been receiving payments from your Major Medical Insurance (not worker's comp or STD or LTD)?

You just answered the problem. They ONLY pay after you have exhausted all other means. What you haven't said is that then they make you jump thru hoops of fire to prove that you deserve to be paid. Typical insurance company. Crooks, all of them!

I got hurt on duty. I spent several days at the hospital, Aflac paid me for everything. Theres no lapse,workmans comp doesnt matter . I got my check which was over 17,000.00 in days. If you have a problem call the rep.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest

You just answered the problem. They ONLY pay after you have exhausted all other means. What you haven't said is that then they make you jump thru hoops of fire to prove that you deserve to be paid. Typical insurance company. Crooks, all of them!

I notice you didn't answer any questions or give any details. You DO acknowledge that they do pay according to the contract. You just grump about the process. Then you condemn all insurance companies. It sounds like YOU are the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by For me
    I got hurt on duty. I spent several days at the hospital, Aflac paid me for everything. Theres no lapse,workmans comp doesnt matter . I got my check which was over 17,000.00 in days. If you have a problem call the rep.
    How were you injured and how long were you out?

Had to retire

[quote=I Have Questions]
    Quote Originally Posted by "I Have Questions":3onuil2v

I notice you didn't answer any questions or give any details. You DO acknowledge that they do pay according to the contract. You just grump about the process. Then you condemn all insurance companies. It sounds like YOU are the problem.[/quote:3onuil2v]

Whatever you say, as it SOUNDS TO ME that YOU work for AFLAC you "QUACK".. :roll:

[quote=Guest]
    Quote Originally Posted by "I Have Questions":3cdbqu5t

I notice you didn't answer any questions or give any details. You DO acknowledge that they do pay according to the contract. You just grump about the process. Then you condemn all insurance companies. It sounds like YOU are the problem.
    Whatever you say, as it SOUNDS TO ME that YOU work for AFLAC you "QUACK".. :roll:[/quote:3cdbqu5t]

Nope, don't work for AFLAC and in fact never was insured by AFLAC.

But, I do know when someone who grumps about it but won't provide any details comes on the message board and calls names then they don't really have a good case.

Just ask Carl Edwards how well the Ducks working out for him this year in NASCAR. ;P

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast