And the new Director is... - Page 2
Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Re: And the new Director is...

305 seems to know?

Quote Originally Posted by Guest 944
    Lots of candidates going to meet with geminez. The new Director is definately coming from inside. The game is on between Erched, Patterson, Santana, Perez, and Ubieta.

I think Ubieta is the right pick.

Has anyone else heard about these meeting? Seems everything is hush hush. How come no word on a new director?

I hear is John timoney.

Wrong! The inside word is that it is a toss-up between former Miami Police deputy chief Frank Fernandez and Doral Police Chief Ricky Gomez. Gomez is said to have the edge!

Frank Fernandez took a job with Hollywood as an Assistant City Manager in charge of Public Safety. Bad info........Ricky maybe but I don't think so...........T$ has 6 months on a contract...............????????????

Frank Fernadez was appointed prior to the MDC election. He makes about $150K and has oversight for police and fire which is about 800 employees. His boss, the City Manager, was just appointed in June 2012 after the former manager was caught DUI. This is truly the dream job Frank always wanted and I'm sure nothing could convince him to take such a career plunge and consider becoming the MDPD Director....

His ego might! You cannot compare the City of Hollywood to MDPD, the eight largest police agency in the nation.

You know, guest # 305 makes tons of sense, I think he knows what he's talking about.

Okay perhaps my sarcastic comment was too mild. Frank and any other rational person would jump at the opportunity to lead one of the largest police department's ..... and I don't think anyone would hold it against him. If the Mayor would offer it I'm sure he would accept. Gomez is interesting as a choice. He had a less than stellar career at MDPD and has had some questionable incidents at Doral that resulted in investigations. With that said, however, while in Doral he was involved in the red light cameras and whose son was the lobbyist for that? Oh yea that was Gimenez Jr.

Guest # 305 if your talking about RG of Doral then my respect is slipping.Never Happen.

Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast