jOSEPH tACTUK - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: jOSEPH tACTUK

Re: jOSEPH tACTUK

Reposting the bank information for wasy access:

GTE Credit UNion account for Joseph Tactuck number 215778

I'm putting my money where my belief is, I am glad to donate to Joe as well. Remember, this could have happened to anyone including you.

I disagreed with his decision to sit on Barnes after he was handcuffed and brought to shore," McCabe wrote. "Defusing the situation was an alternative available to Officer Tactuk. Barnes was awkwardly handcuffed, tired, beaten and had no place to run. If he did run, where was he going to go on the north end of Honeymoon Island that he could not be tracked and found? If he did run, whose life was being placed in danger?"

Is this SAO McCabe a village idiot or just horribly incompetant ? He advocates letting a violent drugged out suspect run away rather than have an Officer sit on him ? He advocates verbal judo / psychology 101 as a way to subdue a huge violent resisting offender ? Absurd ! And the fact that Tactuk was able to cuff this lunatic at all was a miracle. McCabe please go into private practice.

Account number is missing a number please correct 2157778 it is missing a 7 please donate we will take the post down when we hit the target amount we need it asap

I made a deposit today and confirmed the number above and account is valid. Joe, I hope you win this.

As a former DEP Officer as well, I can't tell you the absolute incompetency of that agency. Supervisors are awarded their positions by the "good ol boy" system or in some cases by sucking up and crying the loudest for the position. One particular retired supervisor had absolutely no idea how to even speak to his officers without instilling the fear of a phone call to the Captain or worse, a bad annual review which occured frequently. Lies ran rampant with this supervisor all the way to Tallahassee. Of course, Tallahassee believed everything the supervisor uttered without even attempting to make contact with the accused officer. So, nothing comes as a surprise when I read this thread. Many excellent officers were run off by the lies and incompetencyof this retired supervisor all because he didn't know his duties as a supervisor or how to even be a good street cop.

I certainly hope that Joe can get good legal counsel and fight the charges. It sounds as if DEP once again screwed up because they didn't understand the severity of the charges and swept it under the rug to save their supervisors. Having dealt with the IG office numerous times, it is no surprise.

Best of luck to Joe and those that support him.

I am a fellow LEO who frequents Honeymoon Island...Is there any chance to start a collection at the entrance of the park to help him out? I don't really know the legality of this, but it might be something to consider..

Quote Originally Posted by Typical DEP
    As a former DEP Officer as well, I can't tell you the absolute incompetency of that agency. Supervisors are awarded their positions by the "good ol boy" system or in some cases by sucking up and crying the loudest for the position. One particular retired supervisor had absolutely no idea how to even speak to his officers without instilling the fear of a phone call to the Captain or worse, a bad annual review which occured frequently. Lies ran rampant with this supervisor all the way to Tallahassee. Of course, Tallahassee believed everything the supervisor uttered without even attempting to make contact with the accused officer. So, nothing comes as a surprise when I read this thread. Many excellent officers were run off by the lies and incompetencyof this retired supervisor all because he didn't know his duties as a supervisor or how to even be a good street cop.

I certainly hope that Joe can get good legal counsel and fight the charges. It sounds as if DEP once again screwed up because they didn't understand the severity of the charges and swept it under the rug to save their supervisors. Having dealt with the IG office numerous times, it is no surprise.

Best of luck to Joe and those that support him.
    I support Joe, but most of your post is about bashing others. Joe's DEP CPT and LT had nothing to do with his termination and he knows that. The merger had gone through and the decision was made by FWC leadership. You go on and on about a retired DEP supervisor and end with a statement about dealing with the IG many times. Give it a rest. If you came over to FWC, forget about DEP, it is in the past. If you didn't last long enough to make it, move on. If you are going to post on this thread, encourage Joe to continue the fight without getting heavily into the negatives that had nothing to do with this.

Quote Originally Posted by former DEP
    I know Joe and can tell you he was well thought of by his fellow squad members and supervisors. Joe did nothing wrong and the SAO staffer who wrote an opinion overstepped himself when he decided to talk tactics instead of case law.
    Things that were not covered were items like the suspect was attacking the woman (his aunt) when Joe arrived at the scene. She was in the water and in danger of being drowned. The suspect was approx 300 lbs and enraged. I was told he had discovered that his lover had HIV. The suspect was an active fighter, he did not disengage or try to escape. Joe injured his hands during the fight requiring him to take some time off after the incident to recuperate. During the fight, Joe managed to get handcuffs on the suspect but due to the guy's size and movement, the handcuffs were not where they were supposed to be. Joe called for help and tried to hold him down. He was very tired at this time. The deputy arrived by boat and due to the suspects violent actions, used the taser. The suspect died shortly afterwards.
    Regarding the SAOs comments...anyone who knows anything about Honeymoon Island knows the following:
    -It is one of the busiest state parks in the area meaning lots of people
    -It has one way in and one way out except by boat or swim
    -boats are frequently docked along the north beach
    -there are wooded areas to hide in
    What this means to a LEO is you do not let a violent person who just tried to drown a woman and fought you run freely away. They can highjack a boat, kidnap a tourist, try to swim with handcuffs on and drown, and more. I am unaware of any training offered that advocates this approach. It endangers LEOs, the public, and suspect.
    The SAO associate who wrote this has no idea what proper law enforcement tactics are and would likely advocate charges of deriliction of duty against any officer who simply let a felon run loose.
    I think Joe will win his case. There was never an IG finding against him and the SAO conceded he did nothing wrong other than being a young officer who was never afforded training that was more suitable for someone planning suicide rather than an individual who was actively committing a possible homicide attempt and battery on leo. While the rules for probation give agencies a lot of leeway to terminate officers, Joe worked from 1 Aug 11 to 31 Jul 12 (366 days due to a leap year).
    I have a lot of respect for FWC and the leadership. I hope everything works out for Joe so he can be a part of it.
    I was with you until the last part. The leadership of FWC has a fine history of unjust, unfair rulings against employees that they disagree with or can not handle with bullying. The south end seems to be the worse. Lack of experience and stupidity are the norm.

21 year old kid with a Dudley Do Right complex..... Maybe he will learn a lesson.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast