jOSEPH tACTUK
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: jOSEPH tACTUK

jOSEPH tACTUK

Fellow Law enforcement brothers and sisters please help Former DEP/FWC Officer Joseph Tactuk defense of his being let go unjustfully with the merger of FWC He was given a above standard yearly evaluation on JUne 30 and then with the merger he was let go with out cause do to what a assistant state attroney stated in a findings of an event that occurred at Honeymoon Island. When is the duty to act and help.. going to be questioned when assiting a women who yelled for help ..because you are on probation does this mean we cant help people or should let a man resist police officers and let run crazy around the park. We have a job to do. He needs a good defense this brother has nothing and needs great representation and can have it with your help. I am asking for you to make a donation to his defense fund and go to the bank any GTE Credit UNion account for Joseph Tactuck number 215778 and put in anything for this man who was let go after working enough days.. he worked enough to be a career service employee and was let go unjustfully please we need your help. Our target is 3000 dollars please pray to yourself and anything will help. He needs proper representation so his dream of continuing to be a LEO and being let go will hurt him in the future. Please just think if this happened to you ..your life and dream swept under your feet. How unjust to let someone go the last day of your supposete probabtion he worked enough days and there is case law that will allow him to prevail. GOD IS MIGHTY..

Re: jOSEPH tACTUK

So what is the real story?I am sure they would have not done this for no reason.How long has he been a Police Officer?? What about other disciplinary situations.You are asking for peoples $$$,provide some more information....

Supposedly Tactuk was in a violent struggle with a guy who was so drugged out that a responding deputy tazed him five times. Sometime there after the subject expired. If someone has the inside story here please share it.

From a News Article

The March incident began when Tactuk noticed Barnes flailing and shouting profanities at the water's edge, where Barnes' aunt, Paula Yount, was trying to coax him to shore.

Yount had dunked Barnes under the water during a baptismal cleansing ritual, authorities said. When she asked him to come out of the water, Barnes shoved her, saying he wanted to be dunked more. That's when Tactuk came to make the arrest.

The two men began to struggle. The officer dragged Barnes out of the water by his head. Barnes continued to writhe and scream as Tactuk handcuffed him haphazardly with his hands over his head, authorities said.

At some point, Tactuk sat on Barnes, officials said.

Moments later, Pinellas County sheriff's Deputy Kenneth Kubler arrived and ordered Barnes to stop fighting or he would be shocked with a Taser. Barnes continued to buck and kick his legs, sheriff's officials said, so Kubler shocked him three times.

Barnes went unconscious and stopped breathing. He was taken to Bayfront Medical Center, where he died two days later.

McCabe wrote his letter to the FWC on July 5. After FWC officials asked for more specifics, McCabe elaborated in a second letter, dated July 24.

"I disagreed with his decision to sit on Barnes after he was handcuffed and brought to shore," McCabe wrote. "Defusing the situation was an alternative available to Officer Tactuk. Barnes was awkwardly handcuffed, tired, beaten and had no place to run. If he did run, where was he going to go on the north end of Honeymoon Island that he could not be tracked and found? If he did run, whose life was being placed in danger?"

Tactuk, 21, had been a DEP officer since 2010 and was still in the probationary period of his employment with the FWC.

"Experience and training in handling emotionally and mentally disturbed individuals may have resulted in Officer Tactuk choosing a different course of action once Barnes was on shore," McCabe wrote.

Kubler is still employed with the Sheriff's Office, officials said. It was unclear Wednesday if an investigation of the deputy's actions was still ongoing

Ok I know there is always two sides to a story. But. The last time I was in a long violent struggle with a drugged out nut case. I ended up choking him out and I thanked God that I was able to accomplish it. And the SAO faults Tactuk because he sat on the guy ! ? The SAO said he should have let the lunatic run off ? Then what, the handcuffed guy runs into the water and drowns leading to a huge law suit ? Yes I will go donate to Tactuks fund. This is a story that needs to be aired out.

I agree this is a story that needs to be aired out had he let the guy run who knows what would have happened. The issue isnt what he did or didnt do but the issue is that the agency let him go for "other" reasons and then told a news reporter in writing that it was do to his actions and what the state attorney wrote. This isnt why he is fighing it it is that he was let go the last day he was emplyed with DEP on August 1, 2011 and worked til July 31 2012 do the math he was let go the last minute on the last day. He needs to fight what is the defition of a career service employee call and ask human resources with FWC they will say if you work over 365 days you are safe ..wow do the math..it isnt about his actions it is about weather he was on probation or not ..But yes i agree with the person who says the last struggle he was in and had to choke the man out really assistant state attorney !!

How would one feel if you are working for DEP and get into an altercation in March of 2012 only to be commended by your Lt. and higher ups and never be put on leave or under any kind of investigation. The officer then gets an above par review on June 30 for the end of the year evalution and then an agency merges on July 1 2012. The officer who is Joe Tactuk walk around on patrol from March 17,2012 til july feeling safe and secure ..then with the merger FWC receives the SAO report and is cleared in any wrong doing but do to an opinion is then put on admin duties to then be let go on probationary status. The last day of his "probation" period. ANyone can be let go for any reason while on probation. They decided to let him go rather then put training into the officer just let him go. Unfortunetly it states what a probationary period is. 365 days ....the SAO writes that he was not correct in fighting for his life and trying to protect the people in the area. No mention of the Deputy wo tasered the man when he arrived on scene. If tactuk was in the wrong by sitting on this mad man on K2 marijuana AKA spice where you can have delusions and see things that are not there...the deputy who was a seasoned Deputy would have intructed Tactuk to get off the man ...but no he jumped off the boat and tasered him 6 times . the first few tasers did not even do anything to the man. It is sad but he was fighting the police he was going crazy. Tactuk deserves a second chance and to be heard and represented well he has a poor family and now has nothing because the agency decided not to do an investigation and also with the merger FWC was not even the agency he worked for at the time of the incident ...Donate to Tactuk

Experience and training in handling emotionally and mentally disturbed individuals may have resulted in Officer Tactuk choosing a different course of action once Barnes was on shore," McCabe wrote.

Yeah...right. I have that training and that experience. It is fine for an interview situation but when the violent struggle ensues. It becomes just so much horse manure.
    Don't wait. Send a check now ...please. I am.

I know Joe and can tell you he was well thought of by his fellow squad members and supervisors. Joe did nothing wrong and the SAO staffer who wrote an opinion overstepped himself when he decided to talk tactics instead of case law.
    Things that were not covered were items like the suspect was attacking the woman (his aunt) when Joe arrived at the scene. She was in the water and in danger of being drowned. The suspect was approx 300 lbs and enraged. I was told he had discovered that his lover had HIV. The suspect was an active fighter, he did not disengage or try to escape. Joe injured his hands during the fight requiring him to take some time off after the incident to recuperate. During the fight, Joe managed to get handcuffs on the suspect but due to the guy's size and movement, the handcuffs were not where they were supposed to be. Joe called for help and tried to hold him down. He was very tired at this time. The deputy arrived by boat and due to the suspects violent actions, used the taser. The suspect died shortly afterwards.
    Regarding the SAOs comments...anyone who knows anything about Honeymoon Island knows the following:
    -It is one of the busiest state parks in the area meaning lots of people
    -It has one way in and one way out except by boat or swim
    -boats are frequently docked along the north beach
    -there are wooded areas to hide in
    What this means to a LEO is you do not let a violent person who just tried to drown a woman and fought you run freely away. They can highjack a boat, kidnap a tourist, try to swim with handcuffs on and drown, and more. I am unaware of any training offered that advocates this approach. It endangers LEOs, the public, and suspect.
    The SAO associate who wrote this has no idea what proper law enforcement tactics are and would likely advocate charges of deriliction of duty against any officer who simply let a felon run loose.
    I think Joe will win his case. There was never an IG finding against him and the SAO conceded he did nothing wrong other than being a young officer who was never afforded training that was more suitable for someone planning suicide rather than an individual who was actively committing a possible homicide attempt and battery on leo. While the rules for probation give agencies a lot of leeway to terminate officers, Joe worked from 1 Aug 11 to 31 Jul 12 (366 days due to a leap year).
    I have a lot of respect for FWC and the leadership. I hope everything works out for Joe so he can be a part of it.

Great Idea!!! Tactuk is a great Officer and deserves support, I'm glad to donate and appreciate the opportunity to help.

Joe, Thank you for fighting for what is right.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast