SHERIFF AL PRESSURES EMPLOYEES TO DONATE

SHERIFF AL PRESSURES EMPLOYEES TO DONATE

As Isaac Approached, Sheriff Al Went Bowling; BSO Employees Pressured to Donate?
    By Stefan Kamph Mon., Aug. 27 2012 at 7:37 AM

If you can tell a lot about a man from where he gets his money, then Sheriff Al Lamberti is a friend of the working man: recently, he's been both shootin' and bowlin' to collect contributions for his reelection campaign.

He also handed out BMW-friendly bumper stickers to a bunch of bluehairs at a Greek taverna. Covering all the bases, we guess. In fact, the only demographic group he doesn't seem to be actively courting is New Times readers.

But Scott Israel, who breezed through the primary to challenge Lamberti for a second time, is implying that Lamberti's department cajoles its own deputies to shell out for the boss man.

On Saturday, when you might expect a sheriff to be giving safety briefings on the then-approaching Tropical Storm Isaac, Lamberti was staying out of the rain at Diamond Strike Lanes in Pompano Beach. The event: a $30-a-person bowling fundraiser. Unfortunately, last-minute storm preparations (and a lack of $30) kept the Pulp from attending the event, but it seems like a success.

"It was a great deal for bowlers & an important cause," wrote one supporter on Lamberti's heavily trafficked Facebook page. "Thanks for the invite Sheriff Al, but I have a funeral to go to," said another.

Elsewhere on Facebook, Israel was stirring up trouble with talk of internal contributions within the BSO. On August 23, he published an "open letter to the men and women of BSO," saying, "I want to go on record as stating that I would never allow any employee to contribute money to a future campaign of mine." He continued:

I was extremely disappointed to hear that members of command staff held a recent fundraiser for the Sheriff whereby members of the agency were invited to attend via their personal emails. BSO employees began to immediately ponder: what happens if I don't contribute? Will I remain in my current position? Will I lose out on the next opportunity for promotion? Any practice that allows for individuals to be intimidated into contributing money out of fear of reprisals must be eliminated.

I have been contacted by many individuals and asked if I were going to hire certain individuals and remove other individuals from high ranking positions. Often times specific blogs were cited as the source of information... I assuredly will make some changes and take the agency in a different direction. That has to happen. I have never had any discussions with any individual regarding being invited to join my staff, nor have I ever discussed having a current BSO employee being asked to leave the agency.

Both candidates list many contributions from the "law enforcement" sector, which likely includes some current and former colleagues.

Israel has also taken a different tack, enlisting the support of dozens of bail bond agents due to personal friendships in the industry. It's rumored, perhaps on those "specific blogs" Israel cited above, that he'd seek to weaken or dismantle the court-run pretrial release program to put more people into the hands of bond agents.

An incumbent is simply liable for some kinds of accusations that a challenger doesn't have to deal with -- for example, the ins and outs of how Lamberti runs his department when he's not off rolling a clean strike at the bowling alley. And some of the higher-ups in the BSO owe every ounce of their livelihood to Lamberti, so we'd expect to see them donating in force.

Re: SHERIFF AL PRESSURES EMPLOYEES TO DONATE

Even the new times sees through Israel's BS and calls him out on his hipocracy and privatization efforts.

not me. I donated to Israel and a helluva lot more than 30 bucks!

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Even the new times sees through Israel's BS and calls him out on his hipocracy and privatization efforts.

Good to you PIO's back at work doing Lamberti's dirty work. Remember your job counts on it!!!!

Good to you PIO's back at work doing Lamberti's dirty work. Remember your job counts on it!!!!
    And there it is again. I can't count how many times this has been either outright said...or implied by an Israel Supporter. Even though Israel in his letter said, "I have never had any discussions with any individual regarding being invited to join my staff, nor have I ever discussed having a current BSO employee being asked to leave the agency.", you wonder what the supporters know that Israel isn't sharing with the rest of us.

"Remember your job counts on it"???? You see Israel supporters making these kinds of statements and not just about PIO, but anyone that says anything positive about Lamberti.

If this is how Israel is going to run, who needs it? People in this agency should be very scared if they are in descent positions because ALL of you are being looked at like you didn't get there on your own merit, but that you only are in those positions because you are a Lamberti supporter.

Quote Originally Posted by Boom Goes the TNT

but anyone that says anything positive about Lamberti.
    Hey PIO...the ONLY people saying ANYTHING positive about this disgrace of a sheriff are taxpayer funded whores.

Quote Originally Posted by Boom Goes the TNT

but anyone that says anything positive about Lamberti.
    Hey PIO...the ONLY people saying ANYTHING positive about this disgrace of a sheriff are taxpayer funded whores.
    Nice...so now anyone that doesn't support your guy is a whore?? You kiss your mother with that mouth.

See...two can play that game....but what's it accomplish....just some keyboard tough guy BS....but really....nothing gets accomplished by either.....so how bout quit playing funnyguy and answer the question.....Is this how Israel is going to work if he gets elected?

Team Lamberti at it again. You can't suppress the movement. Lamberti is a clown and will be defeated!

Quote Originally Posted by Tough Guy??
    You kiss your mother with that mouth.
    I kiss your mother with my mouth...Go AL.

WE HELP THOSE WHO HELP US, DON'T GET CAUGHT NOT HELPING WHILE ON YOUR JOB.

DICUSS

AC