I Have Been Given A Death Sentence by My Employer

I Have Been Given A Death Sentence by My Employer

I Have Been Given A Death Sentence by My Employer.....I need to make sure this does not happen to my Fellow Deputies...........Our work environments are dangerous enough.....please help!
    . My life was full of promise until my workplace became a hidden killer. Little did I know that every day I went to work I was triggering a deadly blood cancer within my body? For 16 years I was a loyal hard working Sheriff’s Deputy for the Broward Sheriffs Office. I did not complain when I was over looked for promotion when I had two Master’s Degrees and seniority. Once when the fumes were making me sick inside my workplace I was told by my Sergeant that if I could not go back inside I was “unfit for duty”, so I went back in and performed my job while pregnant. My pregnancy ended in the loss of one of my twins while giving birth. I was back to work and continued to do my job. My Cancer (Aggressive Systemic Mastocytosis) has no cure and I am now battling to extend my life as long as I can so I will be able to see my three children grow. My Sergeant had 20 of us fill out Mold Exposure forms to officially document the conditions of our workplace. He turned those exposure forms over to his Lieutenant and now they have “mysteriously” disappeared. This now has me being stonewalled by the human resources department for them taking any responsibility for my condition. I remember my sergeant bringing his superiors through to show them how the Mold was all over the walls where we worked. Having spent the last seven months battling this debilitating disease I have had time to look hard at my life and what I want it to be and more importantly what I want to leave as my legacy. Recently I was watching a “home remodeling” show and they discovered mold behind the wall in the home. To my amazement they ran out of the house, they covered the entire area in heavy plastic sheets; the workers were in Hazmat suits?????? Why were we allowed to go to work breathing in these deadly fumes? My Superiors knew we were in harms way and did not protect us. I researched how a public building that not only had dedicated employees but Citizens coming to the Courthouse for business is not protected by OSHA regulations. This means that Citizens and Public Employees can be put in harms way by the people elected to “protect and serve” them. Many coworkers have been diagnosed with various Cancers. One of my coworkers recently passed away from another blood cancer. This sounds like conditions in third world countries, not the greatest Country in the world. I want my situation to bring awareness to these problems while at the same time have my employer take responsibility for shortening my life. I have had great support from my coworkers who have donated over $6,000 to help with my medical expenses. I am asking for any support ($10) I can get but most importantly I am asking for you to contact as many of the politicians and media outlets you can to ask how this can be allowed to happen and we cannot rest until this situation is brought to light and plans put in place to not let it happen again. I am putting links below, Sun Sentinel, CBS Local News and my fundraising site. Please pass this story on to as many people you know so that the hard working people of this great country will not be put through the pain and suffering I have been through and could have been avoided.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/browar ... 2752.story

https://www.wepay.com/donations/flora-s ... pense-fund

http://miami.cbslocal.com/2012/06/11/fo ... y-support/

http://www.neighbors4neighbors.org/

Please call as many of the numbers below and let them know we are not going to let this go without justice and we are going to fight until measures are put in place so this can not happen again.

Sheriff Al Lamberti – 954-452-0615
    Congressman Alcee L. Hastings – 202-225-1313
    Congressman Allen West – 561-655-1943
    Fort Lauderdale Mayor – 954-357- 7007
    Broward County Commissioner – 954-357-7004
    Governor Rick Scott – 850-488-7146
    Sun Sentinel – Brittany Wallman – 954-356-4541
    Fox News - foxnewstips@foxnews.com
    Channel 7 WSVN Out for Justice – 954-796-4357
    Channel 7 WSVN Help Me Howard – 954-761-9786
    CBS LOCAL News – 954-463-6397
    NBC 6 South Florida – 954-622-6111

Thank You and God Bless You

Flora Michelle

Information on mold exposure triggering my cancer from the below person and society.
    Valerie M. Slee, RN, BSN, Chair
    Board of Directors
    Liaison, Medical Advisory Board
    Patient Referral Coordinator
    The Mastocytosis Society, Inc.
    23 Camelot Dr
    Shrewsbury, MA 01545
    Phone: 508-842-3080
    Fax: 508-842-2051
    Email: vmslee@aol.com
    http://www.tmsforacure.org

Re: I Have Been Given A Death Sentence by My Employer

First I extend to you my best wishes for a satisfactory outcome to your medical issues.

Secondly, as an economist, professor, and retired LEO who also suffered an on -the job, life altering injury, if you have not already done so, I urge you to contact a workers' comp attorney who should employ an economist to calculate your FAMILY'S economics losses for litigation.

Third, I hope that your union representatives are fighting for you--transfer your battle from being alone to a large well funded group.

Fourth, I hope you have kept copies of all documents you have filed, filled out, used as complaints, and warnings for a possible successful litigation and for potential whistle blower's litigation. If you have not already done so, find as many as you can and continue to keep the file up to date and well organized for easy access.

And lastly, I urge you to keep a running "diary" of every phone call, message, email, letter, memo, and communication you have that is related to issues with your employer and medical conditions. Keep it in date order including times, dates, with whom the communication was conducted, and what was said by both you and them.

I will pray for you.

Good luck.

:cop: retired FHP :cop: