IF I CAN COME OUT OF THE CLOSET THEN GROUP HEALTH INSURANCE

Senior Member LEO Affairs Sergeant DC Consultant (Ret)'s Avatar

by DC Consultant (Ret) » 08/22/12 14:01:29

IF I CAN COME OUT OF THE THE CLOSET THEN GROUP HEALTH INSURANCE CAN STOP THE THEFT OF OUR SELF-INSURED FUNDS! My name is Ed Hummell aka DC Consultant (Ret) and I retired, entered DROP and my last day was 04/15/10. Since that date I have paid my Group Health Insurance Premiums currently $550.00 month or approximately $7000.00 a year.

On 06/01/12 I used United Health Care to locate a Chiropractor and see a Chiroprator for NECK pain in Ft. Myers. The new scam for Chiropractors is to have a Medical Director openning the door to this abuse. On 06/06/12 he used a Nurse Practioner to do a 20 min. check of heart/circulation. What this EXCESSIVE MEDICAL TESTING had to do with NECK pain is beyond me. The total charges paid for that Office visit thru 3 billings was approximately $5000.00 which United Health Care paid. The office visit was $105.00, Nurse Practioner was $1242.57 and an Out of Network Provider reading the report in Miami scored $3315.00. As if no one in Southwest Florida In Network would provide the same service! This incident and the billing smells of a STAGED AUTO ACCIDENT.

Now I have been on the phone with United Health Care 3 times for over 3 1/2 hours total and the end result to this and other continuous BILLING FRAUD is WHO CARES??? I care since my portion of the Insurance Premium went to $7000.00 a year.

I consider myself a STAKEHOLDER in the State of Florida and it is my obligation to help stop this theft of State Group Health Insurance Funds.

Lee County is a documented hot bed of Insurance Fraud and Pill Mills so it becomes even more aggregious that there is no Agency in the State of Florida to protected its employees and the Self-Insured System from abuse. There are Medicare and Medicaid Hot Lines for abuse but nothing for the State Employees Group Health Insurance Program.

Why I believe this is important to all State Employees? State Employees and State Retirees have been under attack since the election of Gov. Rick Scott at all but the Highest Levels of Government. Gov. Scott knows first hand from his Tenure at Columbia Health how Medical Billing can lead to great rewards.

I dont make these allegations lightly. Twenty years as CPO, currently in my 16th. year as a licensed Fl. Private Investigator, another 10 years as an undercover Retail and Industrial Investigator and the BA in Criminology should give some credibility to my claim of abuse.

What first brought this to light was I (I) was responsible for the $3315.00. United Health Care reconsidered. The Staff at U.H.C. were always polite, courtious and professional but they dont have the INCENTIVE when there is the smell of BLOOD and MEDICAL BILLING FRAUD to give chase.

This whole episode which I hope isnt finished can make you want to turn to Drugs, Sex and Rock and Roll.One out of three aint bad!

PS: At the very least I recommended to U.H.C. that these 2 providers be removed from Network.

Re: IF I CAN COME OUT OF THE CLOSET THEN GROUP HEALTH INSURA

WHO F-ING CARES !!!!!!!

Re: IF I CAN COME OUT OF THE CLOSET THEN GROUP HEALTH INSURA

All that training and experience that you claim you have, I guess common sense wasnt included. I find it rather ignorant that you are discussing the details of a possible criminal case on a public forum.

Madisonswaks

If i can come out of the closet then group health insurance

Thanks both for the reply, that menu sounds horrific But yes, it is only for a few days so I can do it.

Should I restart 4 days of Attack with that menu in mind?