Dear Bernie

Thread: Dear Bernie

Dear Bernie

Bernie,

When's the last time you fought anything except a stiff drink? The FWC guy was alone. He was 15 minutes from getting backup. He cuffed the guy. It's never pretty, but get the cuffs on. We've been sitting on people to control them since the beginning of time.

Who could he hurt on Honeymoon Island you ask? If your grandkids were there at the beach and this guy tried drowning one of them in the name of Jesus, how would you feel?

Where's he gonna go you ask if he gets away? Anywhere he wants, to do what he wants, with your family if they're at the beach that day.

Who the f--k are you to pass judgement on this guy who's fighting for his life out on the beach with no back up? Who the f--k are you to say his skills were lacking and he should have talked him down? You need to come down outta the ivory tower and do some ridealongs so you can see the s--t we have to deal with every day.

How about this? You can try to control me on the beach while I'm all freaked out. Let's put your family 50 yards up the beach. My job is to get to your family. Your job is to stop me, all by yourself, with backup coming by BOAT.

You disgust me. If I should have this situation arise before I retire and you dare write a similar letter to my agency you can bet I'll sue your fat -ss!

Sincerely,

A pissed off DT Instructor who fights people for living while you spend your days on a barstool.

Re: Dear Bernie

+1

Re: Dear Bernie

DEP doesn't exist anymore. Wrong forum.