Goobers...enough already.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Goobers...enough already.

First, I don't have a dog in this race, but I do have a few words to say.

First I would never try predict his race, it's the most bizarre I've seen in 30 years. Had Cameron stayed in the race it would not be one. Make NO MISTAKE deputies do not decide the Sheriff's race. (Sorry to bust anyone's bubble) I remember saying Richard Worch could never be elected, I voted against him in his first term and he easily defeated Glenn Sapp. By Richard's 3 term as Sheriff we (CCSO Deputies) decided he wasn't all that bad and William Clement (who I liked as a person) was a wild card. So I voted for Richard, wild cards are scary stuff. Richard lost the election because he used left over budget money and gave ALL THE DEPUTIES a bonus in their paycheck, the public was OUTRAGED. By Richard :-(

Bill Clement won and then brought in all his "friends" most of which were turd heads. Most of the goofballs left when Clement was removed and Cameron was appointed by the Governor. Bill was a breath of fresh of fresh air after having yet another CCSO Sheriff removed from office.

Davenport was elected and was the ONLY Sheriff is CCSO history that did NOT bring in anyone, he promoted from within the agency. (These are facts, like it or not) Please note that who ever wins may bring in their “friends” and in 4 years from now the opposition will call them "good Ole boys" or crony's.

So, I voted against Richard Worch and he won that race and two more after that. He was the CCSO Sheriff for 12 years. Then I decided to vote for him Richard Worch Bill Clement won the race. (Duh) what a disaster) I'm such a GOOBER.

I voted for Bill Cameron and then he surprised us all and brought in his “friends” (AKA cronies) just as any new Sheriff will do. Bill Prummel will be the one who will be the least likely to bring in new faces and hopefully if he wins few more old faces will retire making room for other CCSO deputies to rise in the ranks. (Yes, Billy P. has a real problem with personality, he needs to attend a school on “drop the cop persona when you are talking to fellow cops. That being said Richard W. was FAR WORSE and again he was re-elected three terms.

As for the other candidates I wouldn’t know Mr. Pope if he walked into my house. Although I worked for CCSO 26 years I don’t remember him good or bad. I can say based on my very limited intelligence he doesn’t have any support among the working deputies, but as I stated above deputies don’t elect a Sheriff. (Trust me on this)

As for Frank R. same as Mr. Pope. I don’t know either of them. Frank R. does have a good following among many of the working deputies but I DO question some of his supporters. (None of which are current deputies) and Ed Pope doesn’t really stand up in qualifications. I will predict he will probably come in last just based on my experience working work every Sheriff (CCSO) since 1982)

Billy P. is being hurt among the “rank and file” because they are concerned “DL” could be the Chief Deputy. I do have do agree here. Bill Clement brought in Dan after his rapid departure in 2003 from PGPD. So PGPD ended of with “Butch” and we got Dan. You can pick who won that.... Yikes.

So as you can see I can’t pick a winner but I can pick GOOBERS. That would be the people who post here with your third grade responses as CCSO deputies . I would hate to think you are working deputies no matter who you support you embarrass us ALL.

So based on my experience I said Mr. Ed Pope would be last, this means he may win. I always got it wrong.

And last but not least, Jimmy Melo who follows this website like I follow the Olympic Girls Volley ball team. I remember Jim from the start of his career till he left. I worked in CRIMINAL investigations most of my career and he was never on my radar. Jim I don’t know why you quit/retired or whatever, just enjoy life my friend.

By tomorrow night we will know the outcome and some will be cheering and some crying. (Please don't follow this post who will be crying, I don't know and nether do you. (Don't be a goober)

Re: Goobers...enough already.

That was very well said. This has been the most interesting election that I have seen for Sheriff, in the 30 years I have been involved with the CCSO. Thanks for putting it so well.

Frank R. does have a good following among many of the working deputies but I DO question some of his supporters. (None of which are current deputies)
    This is the only statement I disagree with. FR has plenty of supporters who are currently employed with the CCSO. From the courts, jail, and road.

Other than that, well said.

DL will be crying without a doubt !

If BP does win (God help us if he does) he doesn't have to bring anyone in because they are already here thanks to BC. And I seriously doubt they'll be going anywhere anytime soon courtesy of BP/BC. Every captain and employee in a made for position by BC is probably more nervous than the candidates as they are wondering about their future employment.

"Frank R. does have a good following among many of the working deputies but I DO question some of his supporters"

I'm not sure what you disagree with.... as I said Frank he does have the support of many CCSO deputies. But he also has a few supporters that are WAY SCARY. Hopefully if he's the winner we won't see those folks wearing green. I've read this list of supporters for all the candidates and ALL of them have a few people on their lists that make me cringe.

I thought you meant he only has supporters of former CCSO employees. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

I believe FR will go through the place with a fine tooth comb and won't put up with any crap.

VOTE for FR !!

I moved to N. Florida when I retired so I won't be helping in the decision, I hope the best man wins for the good of my friends who are still there doing there job. CCSO was NEVER an easy place to work, lots of termoil was and seems to still be the norm.

The proverb by the French novelist Alphonse Karr is probably true: The more things change, the more they stay the same. (Especially at CCSO)

And my name as always:

Darrell. :shock:

Please refrain from the individual candidate rants here, there's PLENTY of places (posts) to bang your heads together. I've said my piece, hopefully whomever is elected will try and do the right thing, if they don't I guess we can all meet here again in 3 years and reminisce about this election for old time sake.

It's human nature to dislike opposition, it's like Obama. You either love him out hate him. I don't believe there are any truly bad people in this race, if they are we as fellow officers failed in our duty to protect our chosen profession.

Well today is your big day down there folks, lets see how it shakes out.

Sincerely, My other brother, Darrell.

Goofy Goobers

A note to some negative campaigners on a certain thread: I'm speaking of a certain campaign who takes shots at another for said "negativity". Just worth mentioning, you guys have spouted off enough of it. When the winner is evident; we'll see the "negitivity" and it will show past the citizens choice of candidate.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast