Where are we on the next contract?

Where are we on the next contract?

So the City Commission just voted to push the changes to our retirement down our throat starting in October, where are we on the next contract? Has the process started? What is the City proposing? What is the PBA asking for? Where are we starting on this new contract I guess is the question? Does anyone know? I have not heard anything about it at all since the City's vote.......please advise if you know anything....

Re: Where are we on the next contract?

Good question. If you want to know, go ask the PBA. No one seems to know what is going on with anything. The PBA pres keeps things so close to his vest that no one knows what the heck is going on until we get served with a vote slip. Raises???? who knows........promotiopnal process??????? beats me.......poor communications all the way arpound from the pba.

Well according to the paper Terry Lewis and the incoming City Manager has already come up with a short list of Chief candidates. Anybody know who made the short list and what thier backrounds are?

http://www.heraldtribune.com/article/20 ... 00-bonuses

All SSO Deputies are getting a $1,000 bonus check this year because the economy has seen a recovery. SPD Officers got a massive reduction in retirement benefits this year and the City Commission is still working on reducing our pensions because the economy continues to decline.

Does anyone else see a problem here? Are they not using the same economic outlook/advisors? Hmmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    http://www.heraldtribune.com/article/20120820/ARTICLE/120829978/2416/NEWS?Title=Sarasota-County-workers-to-get-1-000-bonuses

All SSO Deputies are getting a $1,000 bonus check this year because the economy has seen a recovery. SPD Officers got a massive reduction in retirement benefits this year and the City Commission is still working on reducing our pensions because the economy continues to decline.

Does anyone else see a problem here? Are they not using the same economic outlook/advisors? Hmmmmm
    Correction: Neither SSO deputies or civilians are getting $1000 bonuses but Sarasota County employees are getting them. But I see your point.

So the new promotion process negotiations is going on. Does anyone know what they are negotiating? I thought the process that the committee came up wioth was pretty good. It wasnt perfect but was a big improvement over the old way. no ridiculous exercises or scenarios. What is being negotiated? and y dont we know about it??? It would be nice if the membership was kept in the loop.

The prior post has a good point. What is being negotiated????? What is the pba trying to change?? and y don;t we, the membership, know about it??? I for one as a paying pba member want to know what they are negotiating on my and the other members behalf. Whats up????? Does anyone know??

Why not call a rep and find out

http://pinellasbeaches.patch.com/articl ... f-s-office

So if it can happen there why can't it happen in Sarasota? The Police Department is a luxury that the CIty cannot afford. Instead of making the tough choice of consolidation they are slowly bleeding the Officers benefits/training/equiptment away. It is not fair to the Officers, their families, or the City. They reduce manpower, pay, and benefits and bad mouth the Department in the press on a weekly basis. Just do it and get it over with instead of screwing the Cops that patrol the City, they deserve better...the FRS is already a better deal than what they are getting now.