Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office: 'We dropped the ball' - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office: 'We dropped the ball

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    http://cbs12.com/news/top-stories/st...vid_1422.shtml

Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office: 'We dropped the ball'

LAKE WORTH, Fla. -- A suburban Lake Worth man is fuming after he says he basically handed the sheriff's office a burglar on a silver platter and they blew it. After we started asking about the case and what went wrong, the sheriff's office admitted to us they did indeed drop the ball.

The homeowner says even after he found the crooks and some of his stolen property, the sheriff's office refused to send deputies out to make the arrest. Claudius Tapia says when burglars came through a sliding glass door and broke into his house three days ago, they got thousands of dollars worth of stuff.

Claudius Tapia: A 47-inch Samsung TV, they took several laptops, an iPad, they took all my wife's jewelry.

The iPad has a locator function that allows him to pinpoint where it is when the user logs on to the internet. Hours after the break-in Claudius tracked down his stolen iPad and determined it was in an apartment building at Chelsea Commons in Greenacres. So he called the sheriff's office to tell them where they could find the crooks.

Claudius Tapia: He said that we would have to wait until a detective was assigned.

Claudius waited a few hours, then he called the sheriff's office again.

Claudius Tapia: I called the sheriff's office and I hit a brick wall, they wouldn't let me talk to anyone. I just kept getting voicemail. They said it wasn't their jurisdiction.

He was told to call Greenacres Police, who sent an officer to the apartment complex. That's when Claudius activated an alarm on the iPad which made it beep. Someone threw the iPad wrapped in a t-shirt out an apartment window. The Greenacres officer questioned two guys in that apartment, and was ready to arrest one of them, but had to let him go, because PBSO had not yet assigned the case to a detective.

Claudius Tapia: The Palm Beach Sheriff's Office refused to send someone out to arrest the criminal that I found for them.

Claudius says hours later PBSO finally assigned the case to a detective, but by then the men had left the apartment and were gone.

Claudius Tapia: I mean I wrapped it up for them. It was done, they just had to do it. They just had to take the people into custody and they couldn't do that.

When we asked the sheriff's office about the incident, Capt. Mark Murray, District 6 Commander issued this statement, "It does appear as though we dropped the ball. I am in the process of requesting an administrative review to determine why this occurred and how to avoid similar situations in the future. I am contacting the victim to assure them this will be looked into."
    the whole county is their jurisdiction !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! does that mean they cant arrest someone in green acres!! NOT who are they kidding!!!!!!!

And then, this whole embarrassing scenario will be quietly swept under the carpet. A common practice with the SO.
    No wonder PBSO has no real credibility. The public rightly has contempt and disgust in this pathetic excuse for a police department. Corrupt from top to bottom. :snicker:
    I wholeheartedly agree.
    I was approached by Agent Schmidt (#1014) of the narcotics division for having filled a prescription by two different physicians in the same practice.
    He had already demanded HIPAA-protected records be released by the physician (which shows that medical care in this state cannot be trusted), but then offered to take money in exchange for making the matter "go away."
    Agent Schmidt is proof positive that the police and courts are completely corrupt, and that at a minimum this county is devoid of any sense of justice. It's about who can pre-emptively buy their freedom, including those who have done nothing wrong, rather than have to find an attorney for hundreds an hour.
    You all ought be quite proud of this gutter trash.

And then, this whole embarrassing scenario will be quietly swept under the carpet. A common practice with the SO.
    No wonder PBSO has no real credibility. The public rightly has contempt and disgust in this pathetic excuse for a police department. Corrupt from top to bottom. :snicker:
    "Agent" Schmidt #1014 will not only accept bribe money to make issues he's dealing with go away, but he will openly solicit bribes. If dealing with this "agent" be prepared to pay a cash bribe or be prepared to pay with your liberties and freedom.
    Corruption is rife in the PBSO, this guy is proof positive of it.

Corruption is clearly evident in this county.
    "Agent" Schmidt (badge 1014) openly solicits bribes, and tells suspects that they either pay up or pay with their liberty and freedom.
    This is the very definition of bad cop - I hope all the LEO on this forum are proud of being affiliated with this trash.

You've made some serious allegations against a police officer. In the event they are true, I'd recommend you march down to the State Attorney's offiçe and meet with their Public Corruption Unit where you can share all your information with them.
    Sadly, I think your rants are nothing more then one gets from a web site where the proprietor does not have the ethics and integrity of lčoaffairs and allows posts (and even posts most himself) rift with lies and nonsense.

You've made some serious allegations against a police officer. In the event they are true, I'd recommend you march down to the State Attorney's offiçe and meet with their Public Corruption Unit where you can share all your information with them.
    Sadly, I think your rants are nothing more then one gets from a web site where the proprietor does not have the ethics and integrity of lčoaffairs and allows posts (and even posts most himself) rift with lies and nonsense.
    Thank you for the suggestion, I have an appointment to visit the state attorney tomorrow.

HA! Had that been my stuff and the SO would of told me "too bad, so sad". I would of gotten MY stuff back myself!!! Then they would have to investigate a Home Invasion if the dipshits were stupid enough to call 911 :devil:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12