$20.00 for a vote
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

$20.00 for a vote

I was amazed today when I showed up for the PREC picnic and the RICE camp had a table set up at the entrance. I was called over and told that the RICE fund would like to pay the $20.00 for my ticket, if I would promise to voted for them. When I said that I could not make this promise, so they told me that I would have to pay the $20.00 at the next table if I want to attend the picnic.

Re: $20.00 for a vote

Quote Originally Posted by Pinellas Republican
    I was amazed today when I showed up for the PREC picnic and the RICE camp had a table set up at the entrance. I was called over and told that the RICE fund would like to pay the $20.00 for my ticket, if I would promise to voted for them. When I said that I could not make this promise, so they told me that I would have to pay the $20.00 at the next table if I want to attend the picnic.
    The cost to attend was $20.00 and with that you get one vote. No one was trying to scam you. If you intended on voting for ER, then they would have paid for your ticket to enter since you already decided on who to vote for. Surely you can't expect them to pay for your entrance and then have you vote for the interim? Or maybe since the interim is out of funding, this was an underhanded way for his broke people to enter and have someone else foot the bill as we all have been doing for the last six years!!!!!!

You should have taken the ticket and then went and voted for Bob. What are they going to do to you? :evil:

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    You should have taken the ticket and then went and voted for Bob. What are they going to do to you? :evil:
    Obviously this poster is one the interim's side-no integrity and will always do things underhanded.......not the place for a law enforcement officer to be.

Rice paid for his supporters to attend and vote once because he has raised the money. Bob cant afford to do so, he is nearly out of money and his fundraising is tanked. ($2,700 this period) No one was offered $20 to vote for Everett off the street, if he would have discovered the b/s earlier, he would have just bought a couple thousand dollars worth of votes like BG/LLW did.

The event today really doesn't amount to much. There were roughly under 400 people there and we have nearly 221,000 registered Republicans in Pinellas County. These straw polls are ridiculous and have never accurately depicted the outcome of an election. Bob's campaign needed something positive so let him enjoy the day. August 14th is what really counts. Rice support has captured most of Pinellas County and that;s what really matters.

Right, give me a break and if Rice had won you Rice Mice you MF would have been saying how great the poll result was and how much it is a sign of what will come on election day. Did anyone watch BQ standing at the door working his cell and calling people to come. He spent more time in his truck making phone calls pleading with people to come than inside the event. Even with Rice paying $2000 (yes Rice bought 100 tickets FACT) they still could not win. Then Rice gets up there and babbles about something that I still can't figure out what he said and sounds like an ignorant loser. Gag me, Bob will win and all you Rice sumbags will be sucking wind.

Bob I see the chain of command has failed you again and was not allowed to handle a problem with a whinning employee (Bob Supporter)so you had to step in. How much micro-managing has to take place up to include telling someone how to do their job without ever doing it yourself. You know what Im talking about Bob. I cant beleive the B/S you pull with people then turn around and demand respect.

Do tell

The Rice for Sheriff campaign was "buying" tickets for those of us that haved worked hard as "volunteers" for the last year. No need to "buy" our vote since he already has our vote.

Sure it would have been "nice" to having the bragging rights for capturing the "straw poll" but in the end the "real" vote on August 14th will be our reward and an end to all the nasty games that are being played.

Oh, by the way Bobsters....a win for you in August does not mean a win for you in November. A large number of Rice supporters will be voting for Swope. And, then there are a few more months of TV investigations for Bob to endure.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast