Offer from City - Page 2
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Offer from City

Re: Offer from City

Quote Originally Posted by jade
    yes let's diff not pit the young against the old. But if it comes down to it, the young are still getting their step right?? so how can the young say anything?
    Because its human nature to care about yourself first, and we want more just like the older guys do. I agree that there is nothing to gain here with the city. It's a take it or leave it offer from what I hear from family in the city building. I'm going to vote yes and hope we can stay united so that the next actual contract will benefit both young and old.

Quote Originally Posted by justsayno
    We can not let this pass. 2% lump sum is crap. Safe driver, shooter incentivie b/o, overtime all stays the same. Then an attemt to get a cola next year we will already be in the negative.

Can't the PBA just come out and say the city will not give us all as a group anything? About the only way I see getting a raise is dropping out of the PBA and going with FOP legal defense. Dues are cheaper and the return on investment can't be any worse.

The PBA cannot and has not done anything for us. For them to even present this is a slap in the face. Of course eveyone in the PBA still on the city's payroll will get a raise. WOW.

When will the PBA realize they should be representing us all as one one group. For Greg to even present a contract to us that separates us is BS. We deserve better.

We must for once stand together as one, EVERYONE. The only leverage we have is the eyes of the country will be upon us come August. Does the city really want their police department at odds with them?? I am calling their bluff and think they don't. VOTE NO.
    If we vote this in...this is what we are going to get from now on "a Bonus?" It is time for us to get a COLA. HCSO got a 3% COLA when their pansion contribution increased to 3% during worst times. Our pension contribution will be increasing again to 15% and we have received 0% since the increase started. Are we really making more than HCSO as presented by the PBA? The answer is NO! We have been patient, reasonable, and worked with the city during the hard times. This year with the RNC the city can afford to give us some kind of COLA.

I am an MPO and I'm voting NO! Don't bargain with your future.

Everyone calm the EFF down. The PBA collects dues from everyone for a reason. Just sit back and let them do their thing.

Quote Originally Posted by I agree
    Quote Originally Posted by justsayno
    We can not let this pass. 2% lump sum is crap. Safe driver, shooter incentivie b/o, overtime all stays the same. Then an attemt to get a cola next year we will already be in the negative.

Can't the PBA just come out and say the city will not give us all as a group anything? About the only way I see getting a raise is dropping out of the PBA and going with FOP legal defense. Dues are cheaper and the return on investment can't be any worse.

The PBA cannot and has not done anything for us. For them to even present this is a slap in the face. Of course eveyone in the PBA still on the city's payroll will get a raise. WOW.

When will the PBA realize they should be representing us all as one one group. For Greg to even present a contract to us that separates us is BS. We deserve better.

We must for once stand together as one, EVERYONE. The only leverage we have is the Oeyes of the country will be upon us come August. Does the city really want their police department at odds with them?? I am calling their bluff and think they don't. VOTE NO.
    If we vote this in...this is what we are going to get from now on "a Bonus?" It is time for us to get a COLA. HCSO got a 3% COLA when their pansion contribution increased to 3% during worst times. Our pension contribution will be increasing again to 15% and we have received 0% since the increase started. Are we really making more than HCSO as presented by the PBA? The answer is NO! We have been patient, reasonable, and worked with the city during the hard times. This year with the RNC the city can afford to give us some kind of COLA.

I am an MPO and I'm voting NO! Don't bargain with your future.
    You understand this is not a contract. If you vote it don't we don't go back to the table and negotiate some more. There is also no arbitration, and no city council vote. If we vote no it will be a done deal. I work on a day shift squad with lots of mpo's. It's going to get ugly.

Its should me mepd not tpd. We want a cola to go with our step wah. Why should those making the most get a raise wah.

I say we vote this down and push to scrap the step plan next contract. That should give them plenty of money for everyone a nice cola every year. :roll:

If we vote this down will there be further negotiations ?

What's the cost difference between giving this to the people that maxed out because the city kept their word and they worked through the steps and giving it to all of us who suffered a step freeze, and have NO guarantee of ever seeing the top step ?

Did the pba's first offer to the city include everyone or just those topped out making the most money already ?

Is there truth in the rumor the atu is getting the same $$ even though they don't have a reopener ?

How many MPO's are in the field force or took on extra duties for the RNC ?

I need these questions answered before I decide where my vote is. Do I need to come to a meeting or can these questions be addressed here ?

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by jade
    yes let's diff not pit the young against the old. But if it comes down to it, the young are still getting their step right?? so how can the young say anything?
    Yes, getting the step you ALREADY GOT (and are STILL getting in every paycheck.) To put it another way, it is true you haven't gotten a "raise" in 3 years. It is also true you made more during those 3 years than every officer who got a step "raise."

Your greed is evident.

well I got my 10 yrs in when the economy was OK and you happened to be getting yours when its not so good. That is just the luck of the draw when it comes to step raises. But this is now, the 2012 contract. The past is the past and I know I havent got a raise and 3 yrs and you have, real simple.

I agree with the young rookies in the step plan. They should get their step as well as the 2% bonus. But guess what, that's my opinion, not the offer from the city. A few years ago I was all for fighting the city. However do I need to remind you that the city has given us 0% cola for the past 3 years and even eliminated step increases for 1 year. The PBA did their homework and presented facts and figures to city council but it all fell on deaf ears and 0% was the only game in town. Non-binding arbitration and square dancing. Which one has a better shot at getting you a raise? Seriously, do you think if we vote No that the city will come back with a better offer? If you think yes, then vote NO. If you realize this is the best offer you are going to get then vote YES. I'm an MPO and the $1507 cash bonus will be nice but will not affect my retirement plans even though it is pensionable. I can make $4014 extra if I pay out my holidays and incentive days and yes that is pensionable. I encourage more discussion regarding this offer but slamming young or old is stupid and makes our weak position weaker.
    Final question. What would you do if the current offer is rejected by the members and the city comes back and says no step increase and no cola for nobody?
    Answer. Each and every one of you would ***** up a storm and then strap on your gun belt and hit the streets. How many would simply quit??? 1, maybe 2 and that is doubtful.

Please post counter proposals.

I wouldn't call anyone who has not had a raise in 3 years greedy for trying to get something this time around. Yes they do get paid more than the officers who are still in the step plan but they also have put their time in. Don't be shortsighted. You too will one day be there (highest paid officers) and you would want the younger officers to help you if it came down to it.

Remember when the contract came up to ensure that the step plan was put back in place? The majority of the MPO's I spoke with voted yes on the contract, even knowing that they were getting absolutely nothing, because they knew it was only fair that the younger officers get back their step plan.

And as far as the offer is concerned, until the economy turns around I would not expect to get much, if anything. It is a "sellers" market and the city knows it, knowing we pretty much have to "buy" what they are offering. They know that there will be no public support for any raises and whether it is the PBA or FOP, they have the advantage. We just have to ride the economic storm out.

I think this is a take it or leave it offer. The city is not going to give anyone a COLA so if the contract is voted down be prepared to get nothing.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast