Offer from City
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Offer from City

Offer from City

So what do you guys think about the counter offer from the city?? I am an MPO who hasn't got a raise in few years, so I am happy with anything and I feel I deserve something. I am not one of the greedy ones.

The only think I question is the lump sum compared to the COLA. Obviously the COLA will bump our our hourly for the rest of our career and the lump sum is just some quick cash (which I assume is taxed). Is this why the city wont give us the COLA??

Re: Offer from City

Well it seems as the city gets by again the cheap way again.... So last year the cpl and sgt get a 2 step raise. Many argue but if your a step 3 and I tell you I will give you SR status next year than that is a 2 step raise. That's good for those who got it don't get me wrong!!! But what abOut those of us who lost a step??? Do we get that back???? Where is the PBA on that????

Now if your a SR status, who has got ****ed over, you get a bump. You guys deserve that!!!

Question is this RNC is not an emergency event. Why is it we have to work it when we were not asked? On top of that the reserve guys that signed up will be making 34/hr quite a bit more than an officer who has 6 years on.....

Now the majority gets jack sh$t again and we have to go bust our ass for this stupid event????
    Thanks PBA for ****ing the rest of us!

Can someone please explain to me why those who are already making the most money deserve a raise?

I will be voting NO! I hope every officer, cpl, and sgt that is not topped out votes NO. Thanks for screwing the rest of us, Greg...

We can not let this pass. 2% lump sum is crap. Safe driver, shooter incentivie b/o, overtime all stays the same. Then an attemt to get a cola next year we will already be in the negative.

Can't the PBA just come out and say the city will not give us all as a group anything? About the only way I see getting a raise is dropping out of the PBA and going with FOP legal defense. Dues are cheaper and the return on investment can't be any worse.

The PBA cannot and has not done anything for us. For them to even present this is a slap in the face. Of course eveyone in the PBA still on the city's payroll will get a raise. WOW.

When will the PBA realize they should be representing us all as one one group. For Greg to even present a contract to us that separates us is BS. We deserve better.

We must for once stand together as one, EVERYONE. The only leverage we have is the eyes of the country will be upon us come August. Does the city really want their police department at odds with them?? I am calling their bluff and think they don't. VOTE NO.

to say only the highest paid are getting raises is not true. isn't it true everyone else is still getting their step?? and us MPOs have not got anything in 3yrs so please don't complain.

This means we will make less next year than this year.

Why not make it a cola? The answer so they dont have to pay us this next year. So next year they can give us a bonus and act like we are getting something.

If you take this, you will be making less next year than this year. I SAY WE VOTE NO and demand that it be a COLA raise.

This is a sham. It was designed by the Florida League of Cities as a measure to give employees money every year without giving them a raise.

Example the League used:

If employee makes $100 a week and you give him a 3% "bonus", he makes $103.

The next year you tell him your going to give him a 3% bonus again. This mean he makes the same $103!!!!!!!!

Your a foot if you vote for this. Voting it down is the only thing.

Does the payment count as pensionable?

It's not a contract it's a wage reopener. If we vote no the city is not going to comeback with more. those who are maxed out voted for the last contract which gave them nothing. I think it's time to return the favor. It's not the time to turn the young versus the old. We need to stay together if we ever hope to get anything. Splitting us will lead to animosity and strife between the young and old when it comes to future contracts.

yes let's diff not pit the young against the old. But if it comes down to it, the young are still getting their step right?? so how can the young say anything?

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast